Transfer Portal Thread

Adams did the right thing, kid has the freedom to leave he has the freedom to find somewhere else to go to school. And it's refreshing a coach is admitting it's not about education. Now we can stop believing that farce the ncaa has been selling us

Rumors Adams might be in some hot water. Off the court stuff. Related to hoops.

Sure would be nice if we could have nice things. The portal is the devil.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1520867137723809795[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1520867137723809795[/TWEET]

I’ve been around this kid at a few AAU and high school events…. Has row talent, but a complete clown in every sense of the word. I hope he figures it out. If he does, he can be good.

Sounds like Bijan

I was chatting with a good friend today. A lot of these programs need to fill roster spots. If Bijan were to transfer, he would be filling a back up position pg spot at a mid to lower end high major program.

Get his 3 ball better, keep people in front of him, and quit turning the ball over with careless dribbling and that stupid one hand jump pass should be his main concern. And I’m high on Bijan. Great feel from the guard position and has some winner to him.

I was chatting with a good friend today. A lot of these programs need to fill roster spots. If Bijan were to transfer, he would be filling a back up position pg spot at a mid to lower end high major program.

Get his 3 ball better, keep people in front of him, and quit turning the ball over with careless dribbling and that stupid one hand jump pass should be his main concern. And I’m high on Bijan. Great feel from the guard position and has some winner to him.

Agreed. He could improve himself and end up playing a big role on a team as an upperclassmen.

Something must be done about the transfer portal. This is not good for the game. Its impossible for the sport to survive and sustain this level of annual madness with regard players freely transferring every year. It’s not good for the players. It’s not good for the game.

Something must be done about the transfer portal. This is not good for the game. Its impossible for the sport to survive and sustain this level of annual madness with regard players freely transferring every year. It’s not good for the players. It’s not good for the game.

The freedom of movement for the players is nice, but I think it definitely needs more structure.

Announce Intentions by: April 10th
2 Week Recruiting Period Between: April 11th and April 25th
Last Day to Sign With New Team Without Having to Sit Out: May 1st
Players Eligible for Transfer without sitting out: Juniors, Seniors, and Grad Transfers
Number of Free Transfers: 2 (1 undergrad, and 1 grad transfer)

Cutting the free transfer for freshman and sophomore will cut the field down by a lot. They can still do it, but have to redshirt.

Totally made that stuff up off the top of my head...

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Kevin_McCullar/status/1520909205749874698[/TWEET]

Hmm, Gonzaga.

Last edited:
The freedom of movement for the players is nice, but I think it definitely needs more structure.

Announce Intentions by: April 10th
2 Week Recruiting Period Between: April 11th and April 25th
Last Day to Sign With New Team Without Having to Sit Out: May 1st
Players Eligible for Transfer without sitting out: Juniors, Seniors, and Grad Transfers
Number of Free Transfers: 2 (1 undergrad, and 1 grad transfer)

Cutting the free transfer for freshman and sophomore will cut the field down by a lot. They can still do it, but have to redshirt.

Totally made that stuff up off the top of my head...

I’ve always supported the players and their right to transfer when coaches leave, etc. However, a player changing schools every year or playing for 5 different teams in their college career is not good for a players development or getting an employable degree.

There has to be more structure to protect players and to protect the schools and the sport. This current environment isn’t good for anyone.

Most of your ideas there are good and I would agree with them.

Last edited:
Isn’t today the deadline? So, if any other players haven’t entered yet, they can’t transfer and still be eligible for next season, correct?

Back