SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
Wofford College (Established 1854)
Nickname: Terriers
Colors: Old Gold and Black
Conference: Southern Conference
NCAA Tournament: 2010; 2011; 2014; 2015
2017-18 Record: 21-13

One Year Ago .. December 21, 2017 .. Coach Mike Young and the Wofford Terriers upset No. 5 North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Wofford topped the Tar Heels 79-75 for the program’s first win over an AP Top 25 team since joining Division I. (Wofford also beat Georgia Tech last season.)

** Wofford returns all six (6) of their top scorers from last season.

2018-19 Schedule so far (2-1)
> North Carolina (Lost 67-78)
> @ High Point (Won 68-60)
> Carver College (Won 94-35)
> @ Stanford .. Friday
> @ Oklahoma .. Sunday

PPG - Starters
19.3 .. Fletcher Magee (Senior; G; 6-4; 200) .. Orlando, Florida
12.3 .. Storm Murphy (Sophomore; G; 5-11; 180) .. Middleton, Wisconsin
11.3 .. Cameron Jackson (Senior; F; 6-8; 250) .. Winchester, Virginia
_9.0 .. Nathan Hoover (Junior; G; 6-4; 184) .. Memphis, Tennessee
_4.3 .. Keve Aluma (Sophomore; F; 6-9; 230) .. Berlin, Maryland

PPG - Top Reserves
__ .. Trevor Stumpe (Junior; G; 6-5; 215) .. Plainfield, Illinois
5.0 .. Matt Pegram (Senior; C; 6-11; 260) .. Mt. Pleasant, SC
2.0 .. Chevez Goodwin (Sophomore; F; 6-9; 225) .. Blythewood, SC
3.7 .. Ryan Larson (Freshman; G; 6-1; 175) .. St. Paul, Minnesota
4.0 .. Tray Hollowell (Sophomore; G; 6-2; 185) .. Hopkinsville, Kentucky

Fletcher Mcgee's Preseason Accolades: In addition to being named preseason player of the year for the Southern Conference (SoCon), Magee was named to the 2018-19 Jerry West Watch List which honors the top shooting guard in Division I men’s basketball. Magee was a finalist for the award as a junior ... Magee was named the “Best Shooter in College Basketball,” by college hoops insider Jeff Goodman (Oct. 18) ... Last season Magee averaged 22.1 points per game, and has averaged better than 44% made 3-Pointers for his career.

FROM DISTANCE: Led by Magee, Wofford ranked 14th in the nation in made 3-pointers last season, going 357-845.

In addition to Magee, Nathan Hoover, Trevor Stumpe and Storm Murphy can all knock down the deep ball. Hoover drained 70 threes as a sophomore, while Stumpe hit 47 and Murphy hit 41.

As a team, Wofford shot the three at a .413 clip, holding opponents to a .357 percentage from downtown.

In 2018-19, Magee, Hoover, Murphy and Hollowell have all served as threats from downtown, opening up the inside for Jackson and company.

Wofford Roster and Stats
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/wofford/2019.html

Official Athletic Site:
https://woffordterriers.com/index.aspx?path=mbball

Oh yikes, I forgot they were the team with the big upset in Chapel Hill last year.

tough little game before heading to play Florida.

UNC only beat them 11 this year.

Wofford will have 4 games under their belt before they come to Norman, including games against North Carolina and Stanford.

They have lots of players with lots of career starts. They are bound to have great team chemistry.

In addition to trips to Stanford and Oklahoma, their schedule includes games with South Carolina (Nov. 26), Kansas (Dec. 4) and Mississippi State (Dec. 19).

This will be a good test for Oklahoma's home opener.

Last edited:
Watched the North Carolina/Wofford game this year and Wofford looks pretty legit to me. They could have easily won that game.

Offensively, they tend to play a lot like UtSA, in that they want to drive and kick out for a 3.

Didn't look particularly athletic to me, but on the other hand, they stayed with NC all night.

Tough home opener. Next four games will tell us a lot about the team.

Watched the North Carolina/Wofford game this year and Wofford looks pretty legit to me. They could have easily won that game.

Offensively, they tend to play a lot like UtSA, in that they want to drive and kick out for a 3.

Didn't look particularly athletic to me, but on the other hand, they stayed with NC all night.

Tough home opener. Next four games will tell us a lot about the team.

Yeah I watched them against UNC too. They are a legit team who I think will easily be dancing in March.

Why isn't Polla starting for us?

Dude, you are truly disturbed. I've never seen anyone get so worked up about the 10th or 11th guy on a roster. Can you look around the nation and find many teams where the 11th man does much more than play a couple minutes a game?

11-6 at 14:00

Doolittle playing under control and hit some nice jumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now 14-12 at 11:38 after a turnover, bad D, and missed FTs

21-20 at 7:34. Sooners in a lull with many subs in there

CJ still with 0 at 5:00. I only recall 1 attempt.

29-27 at under 4 with CJ shooting 2

Back