Up Next: Wofford Terriers

Reynolds had a spurt in the 2nd half where he was everywhere and seemed to take over the game for OU.
Good selection by staff for grad transfers.

Love his game

Takes it to the rack repeatedly

The lineup with him & Doolittle up front & any 3 guards/wings is pretty strong.

yep. as much as I wanna see McNeace be a beast out there it's painfully obvious that our best group includes Manek, Doolittle and any 3 of CJ, Calixte, Bieniemy, and Reynolds. I'd say CJ, Calixte, and Bieniemy with Myles being a spark plug off the bench.

Odomes will get more minutes when the other team has a good shot creating wing or when Bienemy hits the freshman wall, he's still the best defender even though their defense is 100x better than last year. Really like the toughness & balance of this team.

yep. as much as I wanna see McNeace be a beast out there it's painfully obvious that our best group includes Manek, Doolittle and any 3 of CJ, Calixte, Bieniemy, and Reynolds. I'd say CJ, Calixte, and Bieniemy with Myles being a spark plug off the bench.

IMO the issue is that McNeace learned how to play defense from Latin, who continuously left his man wide open becaus he was always seeking the weak side block even when there was zero chance to actually get the block. Mediocre at best man to man defense on top of that because of poor positioning.

IMO the issue is that McNeace learned how to play defense from Latin, who continuously left his man wide open becaus he was always seeking the weak side block even when there was zero chance to actually get the block. Mediocre at best man to man defense on top of that because of poor positioning.

Lattin was a much better defender than McNeace. Lattin played much harder, good on ball screen, and communicated well. His main issue was he never gained the proper muscle to bang.

Lattin was a much better defender than McNeace. Lattin played much harder, good on ball screen, and communicated well. His main issue was he never gained the proper muscle to bang.

I was never as high on Lattin as a defender as some were. He couldn't guard bigs who could step away from the basket and stretch the floor, and he wasn't strong enough to guard physical bigs. Perhaps he was a better team defender, but as an individual defender, he stuggled unless he was matched against a complete non-threat.

I disagree 100%. Latin was one of the worst pick and roll defenders I have ever seen.

I was never as high on Lattin as a defender as some were. He couldn't guard bigs who could step away from the basket and stretch the floor, and he wasn't strong enough to guard physical bigs. Perhaps he was a better team defender, but as an individual defender, he stuggled unless he was matched against a complete non-threat.

Agreed 1v1 he was very average but he was a good team defender.

this is spot on ...

this is spot on ...

True. Lattin also really needed to be an inch or 2 taller to be effective. He was too much of a tweener, not big enough to pound, not tall enough be a true center.

The other night, besides being slow on rotations, twice McNeace went over the top of his man to chase a steal in the post rather than staying in position to defend the guy once he got it. He couldnt have scored over McNeace, who was too tall and too athletic, but by going for the steal he allowed the guy an uncontested layup. He did this twice. It's maddening. He's not a guard. He's a shot-blocker in the paint. He needs to be that guy.

Back