Up Next: Wofford Terriers

Lot of things to build on as the season moves on for sure

Doolittle haters took a step back today.

Defended well

Today must have sucked for all the guys who are convinced that the grad transfers aren't cut out for this level and that the talk of better defense is just lip service. I'm sure they'll start posting again as soon as we have one bad game, though!

Very good win against a solid team, made them work for almost all their shots. That's not an easy team to guard and we did it very well.

Well said, WS! Funny how some of those posters don’t show up when the team’s performance doesn’t fit their narrative.

This was a good win by any stretch of the imagination. The margin of OU’s victory was exactly the same as UNC last week. Wofford is a good team.

Well said, WS! Funny how some of those posters don’t show up when the team’s performance doesn’t fit their narrative.

This was a good win by any stretch of the imagination. The margin of OU’s victory was exactly the same as UNC last week. Wofford is a good team.

Wofford has a good chance to win the SOCON and be a 12/13 seed.

Agreed. Wofford is picked to finish second in their conference. When I saw the UNC score, I knew we would have our hands full to beat this team.

It will be interesting to follow their progress this season. I’m betting this will be in our “good wins” column by the end of the season.

Today must have sucked for all the guys who are convinced that the grad transfers aren't cut out for this level and that the talk of better defense is just lip service. I'm sure they'll start posting again as soon as we have one bad game, though!

Very good win against a solid team, made them work for almost all their shots. That's not an easy team to guard and we did it very well.

I can think of one poster who was very vocal (and very negative) for two or three weeks before the season opener who, I think, hasn't posted a single time since. Just waiting for a loss, I guess.

I can think of one poster who was very vocal (and very negative) for two or three weeks before the season opener who, I think, hasn't posted a single time since. Just waiting for a loss, I guess.

Huummm! I wonder who that could be? :)

Really good win for this team. Pleasant start to the season. We’ll know more after this weeks tournament but it’s a good start so far.

Nope. Reminded me of last year. But there was little of that in this game. We moved the ball very well overall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball movement is so fun to watch

yeah, whatever.

why OU's performance in this game was remarkable:
1. Calixte once again showed he was rather adept at running the point.
2. Manek once again mixing it up inside and getting another double double. He also threw in a few 3's and some timely put-backs. good all-around game for larry from the prairie.
3. CJ was strong and heady in the 2nd half.
4. Doolittle was excellent defensively inside.
5. Miles was the backbone of the offense in the second half with his aggressiveness.
6. when wofford took the lead and threatened to control OU kept their composure and turned up the heat.
7. Bieniemy was again an excellent contributor in the backcourt.
8. this team showed senior leadership against an experienced, NCAA-caliber team.

They have some players on that team

The previous 2 seasons, the OU team had the tendency to fade away in the final 10 minutes of games, sometimes converting solid leads into double-digit defeats. So far this season, this OU team has been a strong finisher in the "4th quarter."

Experience helps, including the maturity and competitiveness of the two grad-transfer guards.

Solid win! The 3-0 start to this season could not have been better.

yeah, whatever.

why OU's performance in this game was remarkable:
1. Calixte once again showed he was rather adept at running the point.
2. Manek once again mixing it up inside and getting another double double. He also threw in a few 3's and some timely put-backs. good all-around game for larry from the prairie.
3. CJ was strong and heady in the 2nd half.
4. Doolittle was excellent defensively inside.
5. Miles was the backbone of the offense in the second half with his aggressiveness.
6. when wofford took the lead and threatened to control OU kept their composure and turned up the heat.
7. Bieniemy was again an excellent contributor in the backcourt.
8. this team showed senior leadership against an experienced, NCAA-caliber team.

I would add also that the team has depth and has shown that they can get key contributions from different players every night.

Florida is very good so he may get his chance this week. I'll bet that this team gives Florida everything it can handle though.

Florida is very good so he may get his chance this week. I'll bet that this team gives Florida everything it can handle though.

I'll admit I don't know too much about the Gators this season, but their results so far aren't so intimidating. They lost by 21 to FSU, beat Charleston Southern by 30 and topped an 0-4 LaSalle team by 13.

Reynolds had a spurt in the 2nd half where he was everywhere and seemed to take over the game for OU.
Good selection by staff for grad transfers.

Back