What has been your favorite game of the Capel era?

I'll agree with the ones listed above, but I may go ahead and vote for the '08 Bedlam game. From what I remember reading in advance, no one gave OU a chance without Blake, and we won by double-digits. RobinT made me a copy of it, and even the ESPN-Plus guys thought OSU would hammer us.

The Kansas game this year. We lost, but the atmosphere was amazing and to see WW when he was at his best was... amazing. But as for fave win, I'll go with the WVU game. that was fun to watch.

There really have been a lot of exciting games in the Capel era. If this trend continues I assume the trend of growing fan support will as well.

07-08 Baylor. I've never heard the LNC so loud, and I may not ever hear the place that loud again. I still think crowd noise caused Jerrells to miss his first of the 2 FTs.

But really, 07-08 OU basketball was about as exciting and interesting a season can get. It seemed like every game was close.

1.) The OU/Baylor game was the most amazing OU sporting event I have been to. The crowd was the deciding factor in Jerrells missing the two free throws. I think we had 3 plays on SportsCenter top 10 after the game. I also tried to run onto the court after the win with a couple other guys in the Student Section... I received a stiff push to the chest from a female security guard and relized that was a bad idea. haha

2.) The OU/OSU ice game was great too. Managed to sneak down to the donor seats with an OSU buddy, with my jacket zipped up to cover my Blake jersey. Sat a row in front of Eddie Sutton and just to the left of Burns Hargus. When I took my jacket off the fans didn't have much to say since Blake was busy out rebounding their whole team...

Both games in 07-08 vs Baylor. The 1st one in waco cuz Blake wasn't supposed to play and when he entered the game the crowd was just stunned. The 2nd one in norman for the reasons already listed

Back