#16 OU vs #15 texas 8pm CST on ESPN

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1367280331678744580?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1367229856598089736?s=20[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Coming off of two tough losses in back-to-back Bedlam, No. 16/15 Oklahoma (14-8, 9-7) returns to Norman for yet another rivalry game when the Sooners host No. 15/16 Texas (15-7, 9-6) on Thursday.

The OU-Texas matchup has been anticipated for quite some time and is now on its fourth scheduled date after inclement winter weather prevented the game from happening in mid-February.

Both Oklahoma and Texas are talented top-20 teams coming off rough stretches in the grind of Big 12 play. The Sooners have lost three straight while the Longhorns have lost five of their last six games against ranked opponents.

https://soonersports.com/news/2021/3/3/mens-basketball-ou-hosts-texas-in-home-finale.aspx

OU -2 O/U 143

I'll say it... this is a must win.

Agreed.... Something about being 14-9 looks a lot worse than 15-8. And that's without having to play Baylor again. 14-10, but in the top 25 and a tournament lock, looks really weird.

Avoiding that with a win tonight would be good. :)

I'll say it... this is a must win.

i mean they are in the big dance no matter what happens the next 2 games ..

so not a must win ... but it would be good to win to stop the bleeding

i mean they are in the big dance no matter what happens the next 2 games ..

so not a must win ... but it would be good to win to stop the bleeding

Yeah I was kind of worried that the season was going to be shut down if we lost or something lol.

Sometimes success breeds confidence thus a win can bolster things which are in need of bolstering. Some of you guys are apt to go for the jugular instead of realizing some statements can have more than one meaning or connotation.

Win tonight and I think our worst case is probably a 5 seed... that would be if we lose in the first round of B12 tourney. Win tonight and best case is probably back into that 3 seed convo if we were to win the B12 tourney. Maybe more like a 4 seed if we win tonight and then win 1 or 2 in KC. In other words, win tonight and I think we are talking 3-5 seed in Indy.

Lose tonight, and we probably enter the B12 tourney closer to a 7/8 seed. If we then lost the first round of B12 (probably to ISU) we might find ourselves in that 10/11 seed range or even play-in game type situation. If we lose to UT and then beat ISU we probably solidify at least a 9 seed and could work our way up from there.

This is a bug game tonight any way you slice it. Lose and we probably finish 7th in the conference- and honestly, who is gonna be excited about that?

Win tonight and I think our worst case is probably a 5 seed... that would be if we lose in the first round of B12 tourney. Win tonight and best case is probably back into that 3 seed convo if we were to win the B12 tourney. Maybe more like a 4 seed if we win tonight and then win 1 or 2 in KC. In other words, win tonight and I think we are talking 3-5 seed in Indy.

Lose tonight, and we probably enter the B12 tourney closer to a 7/8 seed. If we then lost the first round of B12 (probably to ISU) we might find ourselves in that 10/11 seed range or even play-in game type situation. If we lose to UT and then beat ISU we probably solidify at least a 9 seed and could work our way up from there.

This is a bug game tonight any way you slice it. Lose and we probably finish 7th in the conference- and honestly, who is gonna be excited about that?

If OU finishes 14-9 and 7th place in the league there will be plenty of people telling you the difference between 7th out of 10th and 2nd out of 10th is arbitrary.

Sometimes success breeds confidence thus a win can bolster things which are in need of bolstering. Some of you guys are apt to go for the jugular instead of realizing some statements can have more than one meaning or connotation.

lol...no doubt

If OU finishes 14-9 and 7th place in the league there will be plenty of people telling you the difference between 7th out of 10th and 2nd out of 10th is arbitrary.

another nice one...

Found this tidbit on another board and thought it would provide you with a chuckle.

"one of the biggest pumpers over there was crowing about being in 2nd place .....now he's posting that there really isn't any difference between 2nd and 7th.."

Found this tidbit on another board and thought it would provide you with a chuckle.

"one of the biggest pumpers over there was crowing about being in 2nd place .....now he's posting that there really isn't any difference between 2nd and 7th.."

Who said that?

I can't believe 7th is still in the picture. The dreaded Wednesday night slate in Kansas City. What a faceplant that would be. Hopefully we'll take care of business tonight and put that crap to bed.

I can't believe 7th is still in the picture. The dreaded Wednesday night slate in Kansas City. What a faceplant that would be. Hopefully we'll take care of business tonight and put that crap to bed.

Before we get too excited about that... is that a guarantee? Or just a possible scenario? If OU loses tonight is it 7th? Or can other games/variables adjust that?

Worst case scenario is lose to Texas, then lose to Iowa St in KC. I could see a 7 or 8 seed.

Best case: beat Texas, win a couple games in KC. Get a 3 or 4 seed in Indy. To get a 2 would require winning big 12 tourney imo.

Before we get too excited about that... is that a guarantee? Or just a possible scenario? If OU loses tonight is it 7th? Or can other games/variables adjust that?

I THINK the only way we can lose and avoid 7 is if Tech loses twice, which would include tonight against ISU in Lubbock.

Back