#16 OU vs #15 texas 8pm CST on ESPN

Before we get too excited about that... is that a guarantee? Or just a possible scenario? If OU loses tonight is it 7th? Or can other games/variables adjust that?

we will know at tip. IF tech beats isu in the 6:00 pm game then yes lose and we are 7

I THINK the only way we can lose and avoid 7 is if Tech loses twice, which would include tonight against ISU in Lubbock.

This is 100 percent correct. Tech isn’t going to lose twice, so we have to win to avoid the play in game.

Also, I don’t think anyone has said on this board that there is no meaningful difference between second and seventh. I said there is no meaningful difference from a bracket standpoint between second and sixth and that’s simply common sense. The second place team will end up playing someone like Tech or OU in the first game in KC, and the seed will play WVU or KU. Looking at the season as a whole, there just isn’t much separating those teams. Nine days ago we would have been considered the best of that group and now maybe the worst. That’s how close they all are.

This is 100 percent correct. Tech isn’t going to lose twice, so we have to win to avoid the play in game.

Also, I don’t think anyone has said on this board that there is no meaningful difference between second and seventh. I said there is no meaningful difference from a bracket standpoint between second and sixth and that’s simply common sense. The second place team will end up playing someone like Tech or OU in the first game in KC, and the seed will play WVU or KU. Looking at the season as a whole, there just isn’t much separating those teams. Nine days ago we would have been considered the best of that group and now maybe the worst. That’s how close they all are.

if OU wins tonight it is likely OU texas round 3 in KC

On the reverse side, what is Texas playing for tonight? Do we have more to play for than they do?

Obviously we are...sliding, vs going up or staying the same. If ya want to disagree, fine, that's your opinion, I have mine.

bu isr still #1
ku #2 in my book, have really played better the last 4/5 games
wv #3
ut #3.5
osu #4
tt #4.5
...those four on paper have better talent and when they can play together pretty tough. Kind of a crap shoot on them

OU mainly because of our slide. Seems we can't get all 3 of our top scorers on the same page. Our inside def is AWOL. Whether it is due to us or others finally seeing it and scheming around it ...don't know. Yes, we can be a problem IF we get things rolling.

tcu/ksu/isu all in a boat together.

Hopefully a win tonight will kick start us back in gear.

wow...just saw a blip...

high school "pro" league starting. Players will forfeit their HS eligibility...WTH?

horns really using our doubling against us well

Going to need a good game from Kur to offset the Texsa bigs.

Back