2021/2022 Bracketology catch all ..

Re: 2021 Bracketology catch all ..

This team is certainly not the most talented, but they play really hard most of the time. They are in desperate need of something good to happen to them based on their effort we've seen over the last two games. 7 conference wins and a win in the Big 12 tournament likely gets this team in based on another weak bubble this year (I think we say that every year). The schedule has been elite, but you still have to win games at some point. ISU was pretty much cratering until they won @TCU on Tuesday....maybe they will let down for us on Saturday.

Notable helpful games for us last night. Miss. St. lost and UNC lost at HOME to a sub .500 Pitt.

The ACC is absolutely wretched this year outside of Duke (and Duke isn't all that great either). They will get 4 teams in (5 at most)....when is the last time we said that about the ACC? Their second highest rated team in the NET rankings is Va Tech....who is just 3 spots ahead of us.

The ACC is absolutely wretched this year outside of Duke (and Duke isn't all that great either). They will get 4 teams in (5 at most)....when is the last time we said that about the ACC? Their second highest rated team in the NET rankings is Va Tech....who is just 3 spots ahead of us.

all the way back in 12-13 is the last time they had less then 6 ..

This team is certainly not the most talented, but they play really hard most of the time. They are in desperate need of something good to happen to them based on their effort we've seen over the last two games. 7 conference wins and a win in the Big 12 tournament likely gets this team in based on another weak bubble this year (I think we say that every year). The schedule has been elite, but you still have to win games at some point. ISU was pretty much cratering until they won @TCU on Tuesday....maybe they will let down for us on Saturday.

We can make something happen if we get out of our own way down the stretch. We have closed a few games well most notably against isu and tech. We've seen Moser make noise in the tourney and I'm not giving up on him or this group yet. They frustrate the hell outta me but I enjoy watching them battle too.

Go sun devils and go knights

With most scenarios if we get to 7 wins we will finish 5th or 6th and should be a lock for the dance.

Oregon is getting routed by Arizona State. That’s a really bad loss and they also lost to them at home a couple months ago.

Also of note: Arizona State is 8-15, the game started at 6:00 local time … and yet they have more than 16 fans in the stands. Shocking.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ESPNLunardi/status/1495177708296450054[/TWEET]

Net saves us, win the home games and break the tiny apple curse, we may get in

OU must have some good connections here... Still projected in when you're 14-13, and 4-10 in your league... There were some other OU teams I can think of that flat out didn't deserve an at-large bid that still got in.

18-6 SMU is projected out...
17-8 Creighton is projected out...
19-7 BYU is projected out..
24-5 Belmont is projected out..

And it's like OU can't lose enough games to get projected out.

If they lose in Lubbock on Tuesday, and go to 14-14, 4-11, I wouldn't be surprised if they were still projected in with a horrible record.

I mean, can you finish last in your league and still be on the bubble?

OU must have some good connections here... Still projected in when you're 14-13, and 4-10 in your league... There were some other OU teams I can think of that flat out didn't deserve an at-large bid that still got in.

18-6 SMU is projected out...
17-8 Creighton is projected out...
19-7 BYU is projected out..
24-5 Belmont is projected out..

If they lose in Lubbock on Tuesday, and go to 14-14, 4-11, I wouldn't be surprised if they were still projected in with a horrible record.

I mean, can you finish last in your league and still be on the bubble?

The high school down the street from me is 16-1 but is projected out of the NCAA field, too. It’s almost like who you play matters.

OU will not be projected in after they lose Tuesday. They may not be projected in by the end of tonight. But SMU and Belmont play in garbage leagues.

ABD! Good to see you posting more. Are we in on any JUCOs?!

The NET confuses the hell out of me. It's like they legislated all the penalty for losing games out of the formula. It is skewed to help out the Power 5 leagues big time. I wonder if a .500 team snags an at-large bid before too long.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ESPNLunardi/status/1495460777221832718[/TWEET]

The high school down the street from me is 16-1 but is projected out of the NCAA field, too. It’s almost like who you play matters.

OU will not be projected in after they lose Tuesday. They may not be projected in by the end of tonight. But SMU and Belmont play in garbage leagues.

As Sooner04 said in this thread... its like they have removed the penalty for losing lots of games from the formula. Beating some good teams clearly matters a lot more than losing lots of games, which also as he said, skews the bids even more heavily into average/not good P5 teams.

lol skewed

or bad teams that win vs bad teams don't "deserve " to make it ..

or bad teams that win vs bad teams don't "deserve " to make it ..
What about mediocre teams (us) that play in good conferences but lose 2/3 of their league games?
What about mediocre teams (us) that lose to lousy teams (utah state, butler, oklahoma state)?
lol that.

I think it's ridiculous a system is now in place where a team can lose to a solid squad and rise in the rankings. Silly. There are plenty of good teams out there in lesser leagues who have all kinds of trouble getting anybody from the power 5 to play them.

What about mediocre teams (us) that play in good conferences but lose 2/3 of their league games?
What about mediocre teams (us) that lose to lousy teams (utah state, butler, oklahoma state)?
lol that.

I think it's ridiculous a system is now in place where a team can lose to a solid squad and rise in the rankings. Silly. There are plenty of good teams out there in lesser leagues who have all kinds of trouble getting anybody from the power 5 to play them.

And when they play them, the little guy usually gets spanked. Ou would be almost undefeated in some sh1t conference. Put ou in the Ivy League and we have like 1-2 losses in conference, annually.

And when they play them, the little guy usually gets spanked. Ou would be almost undefeated in some sh1t conference. Put ou in the Ivy League and we have like 1-2 losses in conference, annually.

OU has won 14 games this season.

8 of those 14 wins are against teams with a combined 87-122 record. None being over .500... Several of them in the 8-20, 11-16, 10-15, etc kind of range.

That being said... OU has beaten Florida (17-10), Arkansas (21-6), and Texas Tech (21-6)...

All other credit being given to OU outside of those games, is for the mere act of playing a team. Not beating them, just playing them as part of your conference schedule. Apparently doesn't matter how many you lose, as long as you nabbed a few decent wins... And lets be clear... Arkansas and Texas Tech are DECENT wins.

That's the resume, and apparently that is good enough to get in. If the NCAA Tournament field was announced today, OU would be in. A vast majority of wins over teams with under .500 records, 3 decent wins, and some ok wins against KSU, and ISU.

Makes no sense to me... I feel like if this was a 2001 Sampson team (with the NCAA Tournament selection criteria of the time) that this team would have no chance of making the NCAA Tournament.

If OU had beaten Butler and Utah State.... They would be 16-11 and looking a little better... The conference is still an issue of course, but that is the margin of error OU has been teetering on for years.... Being a game or two away from missing, or just barely making into it the field.

That being said... OU has beaten Florida (17-10), Arkansas (21-6), and Texas Tech (21-6)...

All other credit being given to OU outside of those games, is for the mere act of playing a team. Not beating them, just playing them as part of your conference schedule. Apparently doesn't matter how many you lose, as long as you nabbed a few decent wins... And lets be clear... Arkansas and Texas Tech are DECENT wins.
My only quibble: the wins over Arkie and Tech are GOOD wins. Especially Tech. They're really good.

Utah State, Butler and the Aggies; those are bad losses. I don't see how they can be spun any other way.

Back