2021/2022 Bracketology catch all ..

Re: 2021 Bracketology catch all ..

My only quibble: the wins over Arkie and Tech are GOOD wins. Especially Tech. They're really good.

Utah State, Butler and the Aggies; those are bad losses. I don't see how they can be spun any other way.

I am fine with that.

With Howard out for season, Michigan might be trending down. Need those other teams around us to lose!

This topic can't be related to OU basketball. They haven't a prayer to make the tournament. Will struggle to make 500% to get into the NIT.

Indiana lost. Probably doesn’t do a ton for us but doesn’t hurt either.

Unc won and Manek was player of the game...

Last edited:

This topic can't be related to OU basketball. They haven't a prayer to make the tournament. Will struggle to make 500% to get into the NIT.

OU is more likely to make the NCAA than NIT. If (and I don’t expect this to happen) we win three more games, we would have a shot at the NCAA. If we don’t win that many, we will finish below .500 and won’t even be eligible for the NIT.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ESPNLunardi/status/1496139440061919249[/TWEET]

I know many have written this team off and I know it will be tough but if we win our last three games we most likely get the 5 seed in KC and play texas. I'm not done with this group/season yet.

I know many have written this team off and I know it will be tough but if we win our last three games we most likely get the 5 seed in KC and play texas. I'm not done with this group/season yet.

Agreed. We have some winnable games left on the schedule.

And maybe we get smoked tonight, but I don't think tonight is unwinnable for this group either. On offense, they aren't much better than us (according to Ken Pom). Their D is better, but I think overall it's a decent matchup for us. We just need somebody to hit shots.

And if we go on a 13-game winning streak starting tonight, we will be cutting the nets down on April 4!

I appreciate the optimism to some extent, and wish I wasn’t as naturally pessimistic as I am when it comes to sports. But this team hasn’t shown any signs of being able to string together wins in conference. I’ll never expect anything other than a loss in Manhattan till we prove otherwise, so I think two wins in the next four is the best case scenario.

And if we go on a 13-game winning streak starting tonight, we will be cutting the nets down on April 4!

I appreciate the optimism to some extent, and wish I wasn’t as naturally pessimistic as I am when it comes to sports. But this team hasn’t shown any signs of being able to string together wins in conference. I’ll never expect anything other than a loss in Manhattan till we prove otherwise, so I think two wins in the next four is the best case scenario.

I am old enough to remember the '99 sooners. What I am typing about is not a national championship run.

tonight is a must win imo

I disagree.

Lose tonight then beat Oklahoma State, West Virginia, & Kansas State and they might sneak in. Adding a win or two in the B12 tourney would be nice/helpful as well.

Am I confident in them doing any of that? Not at all. Hopeful.

I disagree.

Lose tonight then beat Oklahoma State, West Virginia, & Kansas State and they might sneak in. Adding a win or two in the B12 tourney would be nice/helpful as well.

Am I confident in them doing any of that? Not at all. Hopeful.

Yep!

tonight is a must win imo

Completely disagree.... It seems as though OU has already won enough games, there is no penalty for losing lots of games, and the mere act of playing good teams continues to elevate you whether you win or not.

OU is a lock.

Completely disagree.... It seems as though OU has already won enough games, there is no penalty for losing lots of games, and the mere act of playing good teams continues to elevate you whether you win or not.

OU is a lock.

lol what?

You think we could lose the rest of our games and be a lock?

OU is a lock.

this seems like an every year topic .... seems like you would have learned how to committee picks teams by now .

lol what?

You think we could lose the rest of our games and be a lock?

He was being facetious. For some reason he thinks only the metric of wins and losses should be used to determine the field. If ou played in these small conferences, their record would look similar to Gonzaga’s most years.

He was being facetious. For some reason he thinks only the metric of wins and losses should be used to determine the field. If ou played in these small conferences, their record would look similar to Gonzaga’s most years.

wow , i can't believe i didn't pick up on that:facepalm

We don’t need to worry about bracketology. This team ain’t making it in. It’s long been over.

It was over when Harkless went down. Team has mediocre talent and is woefully flawed.

Back