2022 oklahoma women's basketball foreign tour

betterstill

Reaction score
Looks like a nice trip for the players.

https://soonersports.com/sports/2022/7/27/2022-womens-basketball-foreign-tour-central.aspx

2022 OKLAHOMA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL FOREIGN TOUR
August 3-7 - Cannes, France | August 7-10 - Lyon, France | August 10-13 - Paris, France

NORMAN - The University of Oklahoma women's basketball team will head overseas this summer for a 10-day trip to France that features three games of international competition in preparation for the 2022-23 season. The Sooners depart Oklahoma August 3 and return on August 13.

Oklahoma, in partnership with Complete Sports Management, begins its foreign tour in Cannes where it will explore the city before heading to Monaco on August 6. On August 7, the Sooners travel to Lyon, France, where they'll take on Roanne Basket on August 9. Oklahoma then heads to Paris for a pair of games vs. the Lithuanian U23 national team on August 11 and August 12.

The preseason trip is not limited to just on-the-court action, as the Sooners will explore Cannes, Monaco, Monte Carlo, Lyon and Paris. In addition, the team will have countless sightseeing opportunities highlighted by numerous guided tours.

I think the French team was pro. How about the Lith teams? If not pro, any possible recruits? OU needs to do more internationally. A lot of teams do well with international players, particualarly the Pac 12 teams.

We were scheduled to play their U23 team but ended up playing the Lithuanian National team so they would be mostly older.

Too bad that Kaley missed, if she did. Missed a bonding experience, as well as a great cultural experience..
oh and then there was basketball.

Impressed with a couple of freshmen, hope they continue their play throughout the season.

I am guessing that Ana did not play, but could be wrong. I would want to give her as much time as possible to rehab.
Would love to see Ana, Madi and Taylor have phenomenal years as 6th and 5th year seniors.

Waiting for the season will be difficult. Wish I was into soccer or volleyball. Maybe I will try to make an effort to get involvef.

Too bad that Kaley missed, if she did. Missed a bonding experience, as well as a great cultural experience..
oh and then there was basketball.

Impressed with a couple of freshmen, hope they continue their play throughout the season.

I am guessing that Ana did not play, but could be wrong. I would want to give her as much time as possible to rehab.
Would love to see Ana, Madi and Taylor have phenomenal years as 6th and 5th year seniors.

Waiting for the season will be difficult. Wish I was into soccer or volleyball. Maybe I will try to make an effort to get involvef.

I've never been much of a soccer fan but volleyball is fun to watch.

With OU now linked to ESPN+ their is a better opportunity to view the Sooners on the boob tube for many.

Last edited:

You are correct Ana did not play…still too soon but as I understand it she should be ready for all the regular season.

Back