2024 2 Signees 1 open ship offers/prospects

Re: 2024 offers/prospects

Thanks for the info pnk and the link Boulder. I will take another Uzan type player for sure but I really would like to see some big men to balance out our roster.

Do we have any on our radar?

Little light on bigs in 2024. Id guess a more polished big through the portal but it’s early.

He and Forsythe are both really underrated guys. TO should be a top 100 guy. Super athlete, very good shooter off the dribble, handles + size. A lot of similarities to Uzan. A little more height/length -- maybe even more athletic -- but not quite the distributor Uzan is. Just a smooth/clean player who plays great on the ball or off the ball.

Forsythe has elite offensive skill. Not 100% sure his athleticism/defensive abilities.

Dayton is so well rounded. His 3pt shot is coming around. Plus defender. Dunked on 2 kids last night. 1.5 maybe 2nd one just rim grazed.

Dayton is so well rounded. His 3pt shot is coming around. Plus defender. Dunked on 2 kids last night. 1.5 maybe 2nd one just rim grazed.

Dale has been good at basketball for about 50 years.....Lots of elite shooters have come through there. They used to have a coach who coached both the girls and the boys - can't recall his name, but they were great even when I was a sportswriter for the Shawnee News Star in the late 80s

Dale has been good at basketball for about 50 years.....Lots of elite shooters have come through there. They used to have a coach who coached both the girls and the boys - can't recall his name, but they were great even when I was a sportswriter for the Shawnee News Star in the late 80s

Played against Dale from '97-'01 and they would win 2-0 if they could. Hated playing them. Lol!

Played against Dale from '97-'01 and they would win 2-0 if they could. Hated playing them. Lol!

Yup, Coach Dodd was horrible to play against. His teams always controlled tempo and played solid defense. It made first quarter possessions feel like the game depended on them.

I coached against him, he was a great coach and student of the game.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ForsytheDayton/status/1609240903746727936[/TWEET]

Ugh. Maybe just the content of the tweet with us? Those images made me feel a bit queasy.

Ou offered pregame to Dayton.

I'm originally from Tecumseh, went to OBU in the 80's. My family is still in the Shawnee area. I'm long gone from there, but I keep up.

Yep, Dale has been good longer than I've been alive, in both boys and girls hoops. They have no football team, as they're invested in basketball and baseball (fall and spring). I've noticed in pictures that they've built their 3rd gym since the 80's. This group of kids has been playing together since 2nd grade. They won the Tournament of Champions last night as a 2A school.

I think Don Dodd is the coach you reference. He wasn't the first quality coach they had, but he was very successful there.

Not surprising that they have a high-level recruit, even if it's not a normal occurrence.

Last edited:

BOOM

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ForsytheDayton/status/1609306322083651586[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OKHoopsReport/status/1609310757711380481[/TWEET]

Last edited:

I'm originally from Tecumseh, went to OBU in the 80's. My family is still in the Shawnee area. I'm long gone from there, but I keep up.

Yep, Dale has been good longer than I've been alive, in both boys and girls hoops. They have no football team, as they're invested in basketball and baseball (fall and spring). I've noticed in pictures that they've built their 3rd gym since the 80's. This group of kids has been playing together since 2nd grade. They won the Tournament of Champions last night as a 2A school.

I think Don Dodd is the coach you reference. He wasn't the first quality coach they had, but he was very successful there.

Not surprising that they have a high-level recruit, even if it's not a normal occurrence.

Don Dodd is correct. He coached the girls and the boys. They had some really good teams back in the day.

According to a 2478 article, OU offered and he said it was his dream offer, but he also spoke very highly of oswho and a bit about Wake Forest. Other programs are starting to reach out to him as well. Seems he intends to be pretty analytical about the process to figure out which school is the best fit for him. But you have to like the "dream offer" bit.

Hey Coach or NAIA, what are our chances here?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1611420516706881539?s=20&t=u_ST0sdrOhGtC27zWWwn4A[/tweet]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Coach or NAIA, what are our chances here?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1611420516706881539?s=20&t=u_ST0sdrOhGtC27zWWwn4A[/tweet]

Low- any 5 star gonna be hard to pull.

But not out of it.

According to a 2478 article, OU offered and he said it was his dream offer, but he also spoke very highly of oswho and a bit about Wake Forest. Other programs are starting to reach out to him as well. Seems he intends to be pretty analytical about the process to figure out which school is the best fit for him. But you have to like the "dream offer" bit.

I’ll be surprised if boyton is at osu after this year.

Somehow we got in the conversation so i guess that's encouraging.

For sure. Flowers another 5 star is trimming his list to 6 i think. We'll see if we make that cut.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Beat out most the country for grant.

Beat out Ku bama among others for cooper.

I guess bridesmaids happens sometimes.

Back