21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Do Moser's teams switch everything on defense like Lon's did? Sure seemed like we got lost at times and gave up a lot uncontested shots with the switching.

Main thing I saw other than tactics is intensity. He is going to need depth to maintain that level of energy. Also good individual technique and movement of feet. Good denial, get burned occasionally but that is the price you pay.

I would guess TG, harkless, and goldwire will be starters. The other 2 spots will be ever changing until we find the right guys. I don’t see Gibson as a starter. He’s a guy that should be coming off the bench. Maybe to start the season, but I could see one of Cortes or Noland starting by conference play. The 4 spot could be a combo all season unless this juco mawein is the real deal.

I'm not sure we're very good if Chagrois is giving minutes at the 4 and J groves playing big minutes at the 3 at the same time. We would be totally exposed by team with speed, especially those that play 4 guard types.

I think you may be surprised to see how well Chargois and J Groves run the floor.

I don’t see Mawein beating out a Sr like Chargois who is a pretty salty and experienced post player and banger(see attached video). I suspect it’ll take A.M. a season to adjust to D1 from Juco

https://youtu.be/gk_B7wA0mmU

How many years of eligibility does Mawein have?? His juco numbers aren't overly impressive, and seeing what we actually got production-wise out of Williams, I will hold my breath on him, but this is who I have starting:

T. Groves
Hill
Goldwire
Harkless
J. Groves or Noland (depending on opponent and who we bring in for that last spot)

Seems we have more talented height available than what I remember in recent years, so developing Noland, Cortes or Mason will be critical. We will need a good perimeter scorer to compliment our big guys. I may be way off, but that's what i'm thinking right now.

How many years of eligibility does Mawein have?? His juco numbers aren't overly impressive, and seeing what we actually got production-wise out of Williams, I will hold my breath on him, but this is who I have starting:

T. Groves
Hill
Goldwire
Harkless
J. Groves or Noland (depending on opponent and who we bring in for that last spot)

Seems we have more talented height available than what I remember in recent years, so developing Noland, Cortes or Mason will be critical. We will need a good perimeter scorer to compliment our big guys. I may be way off, but that's what i'm thinking right now.

I'd press the crap out of that team. Outside of Goldwire, VERY limited handles. I just don't think you can start that team. Hill and Harkless both probably need to be 3's, Hill possibly a very small 4.

I'd start Gibson next to Goldwire/Harkless. You can hide his defense next to those two, and he gives you a bona-fide shooter. Some of you are forgetting how good Gibson was at NT.

I'd press the crap out of that team. Outside of Goldwire, VERY limited handles. I just don't think you can start that team. Hill and Harkless both probably need to be 3's, Hill possibly a very small 4.

I'd start Gibson next to Goldwire/Harkless. You can hide his defense next to those two, and he gives you a bona-fide shooter. Some of you are forgetting how good Gibson was at NT.

Apparently you are also forgetting that Gibson is a good defender. No need to hide his defense no matter who he is playing next to.

Gibson will start. He is going to be one of our top scorers IMO. He will have a much easier time getting open looks in this offense.

The handles next year will be superior to 2020-2021. Sorry but while I think Austin Reaves was a great player, his handles were not on the level of Goldwire. You can't start at PF for Duke and not have good handles. In addition, the offense will be much more structured under Moser. I have little doubt that pressing a Moser coached team will be a futile effort. Best way to break the press is over the top with passes. The Groves boys will be able to handle the ball as well in the passing game. In addition, with more athleticism inside Groves, Chargois, and Mawein, pressing may end up with an OU dunk on the other end.

Gibson will start. He is going to be one of our top scorers IMO. He will have a much easier time getting open looks in this offense.

He’ll get starter minutes, but might come off the bench to balance out scoring. However, I don’t believe this team will score as easily as last years so he might start.

The handles next year will be superior to 2020-2021. Sorry but while I think Austin Reaves was a great player, his handles were not on the level of Goldwire. You can't start at PF for Duke and not have good handles. In addition, the offense will be much more structured under Moser. I have little doubt that pressing a Moser coached team will be a futile effort. Best way to break the press is over the top with passes. The Groves boys will be able to handle the ball as well in the passing game. In addition, with more athleticism inside Groves, Chargois, and Mawein, pressing may end up with an OU dunk on the other end.

I’d say Reaves is the better ball handler of the two.

next years starting line up ..

Locks IMHO

Goldwire 1
Harkless 2/3

Groves 5

that leaves 2 spots .. i think there are 5 guys for those 2 spots at least early in the season

the other wing spot is between Hill and Gibson (Coach has talked about Hill being a guard multiple times since he has been hired.) *good chance we add another portal wing and Noland will get a shot here as well once he arives ...

the 4 spot has 3 options and all are interesting J Groves Chargois and Mawein

i think Groves is going to win this job .. with Mawein as his back up and Chargois as the back up 5 ..

Unless Goldwire gets hurt, im not too worried about the PG position.

1 Goldwire Cortes Mason
2 Gibson Noland Harkless
3 Harkless Hill JGroves Mawein
4 Chargois JGroves Hill Mawein
5 TGroves Chargois Mawein Issanza

Last edited:
1 Goldwire Cortes Mason
2 Gibson Noland Harkless
3 Harkless Hill JGroves Mawein
4 Chargois JGroves Hill Mawein
5 TGroves Chargois Mawein Issanza

I'm hoping that is our starting lineup unless someone else signs. I'm excited to see if T Groves and Chargois can play together.

I'm hoping that is our starting lineup unless someone else signs. I'm excited to see if T Groves and Chargois can play together.

Regardless of where he plays, Hill is going to get a lot of minutes.

Back