21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Guards going from Reaves and Harmon to whatever we roll out will likely be a pretty big downgrade. And we weren’t too half of Big 12 this year.

Yes we're losing Reaves and Harmon, but this team should have better ball movement and offensive system where we don't have to relay on individual players as much as last year. This team should have more balanced scoring than last year.

Yes we're losing Reaves and Harmon, but this team should have better ball movement and offensive system where we don't have to relay on individual players as much as last year. This team should have more balanced scoring than last year.

I’m hoping....

Lots of standing around letting reaves or another guard take the ball to the whole. Now, it wasnt bad all the time but I’d like to see more production from other guys as well.

I’m excited to see how it all plays out.

The current roster really sets up so well to fit Bryce in, need offense and playmaking. I have a good feeling...

Reaves sometimes took over when no one else was scoring much and at such times, it's nice to have a guy who can do that. Spreading around the scoring opportunities sounds great, as long as everyone can convert a decent percentage of their opportunities.

Harkless and tanner groves can be those guys.

Tanner Groves scored 35 points, Jacob Groves had 23, against Kansas last season. They were a combined 9 of 16 from three point range.

Yes, I know that was one special performance in a NCAA tournament game. My point is, do you guys really believe next year’s team will struggle to score? I certainly don’t.

Tanner Groves scored 35 points, Jacob Groves had 23, against Kansas last season. They were a combined 9 of 16 from three point range.

Yes, I know that was one special performance in a NCAA tournament game. My point is, do you guys really believe next year’s team will struggle to score? I certainly don’t.

Every year I hear that we wont be able to score next year. I think we will be fine.

Sportswriter on Twitter suggested

Goldwire
Harkless
Noland
Chargois
T. Groves

Gibson hill off the bench!

I don’t see chargois or Noland starting. Hill is a better player than chargois. The last guard in the portal needs to be able to start.

LK was very high on Noland as an all around player. He should play early as he has a college body already. I've been told Goldwire is limited scoring but fantastic on defense and very good at distributing the ball.
I'm worried about OSU with Thompson. However if he looks at them their whole team is guys that play similar to him. He we have a great need for a scorer and extra ball handler.

LK was very high on Noland as an all around player. He should play early as he has a college body already. I've been told Goldwire is limited scoring but fantastic on defense and very good at distributing the ball.
I'm worried about OSU with Thompson. However if he looks at them their whole team is guys that play similar to him. He we have a great need for a scorer and extra ball handler.

I am also worried about OSU with Bryce....an OSU friend of mine swears they were second to KU for Bryce.

Wouldnt be surprised if we get a commit tomorrow. Nothing concrete. Id say jaxon.

I dont see anyway it Bryce and Trey. I think we take Jaxon and then push hard for Bryce in the next week or sooner.

Wouldnt be surprised if we get a commit tomorrow. Nothing concrete. Id say jaxon.

I dont see anyway it Bryce and Trey. I think we take Jaxon and then push hard for Bryce in the next week or sooner.

Good stuff

Any chance we go big as a starting line up
6’9” Groves
6’9” Chargois
6’8” Groves
6’4” Harkless
6’2” Goldwire

I think this lineup gives opponents fits ...
Prolly an 8 man rotation with Gipson, Hill, and Noland, off the bench ...

Maybe Issanza gets a few minutes here and there along with one or both of the other two Freshmen guards ....

Last edited:
Any chance we go big as a starting line up
6’9” Groves
6’9” Chargois
6’8” Groves
6’4” Harkless
6’2” Goldwire

I think this lineup gives opponents fits ...
Prolly and 8 man rotation with Gipson, Hill, and Noland, off the bench ...

Maybe Issanza gets a few minutes here and there along with one or both of the other two Freshmen guards ....

I'm not sure we're very good if Chagrois is giving minutes at the 4 and J groves playing big minutes at the 3 at the same time. We would be totally exposed by team with speed, especially those that play 4 guard types.

What’s the projected starting lineup with the addition of Mawein?

What’s the projected starting lineup with the addition of Mawein?

I don't think anybody knows. We can guess, but the guys will be given a chance to earn jobs under the new staff. And we might still sign a guard that has a chance to start.

Goldwire and T. Groves are the only two guaranteed starters, IMO.

My guess at this point would be something like this:
PG - Goldwire / Cortes / Mason
SG - Gibson / Noland
OG - Harkless
PF - J. Groves / Hill / Mawein
C - T. Groves / Chargois / Issanza

Could see Hill start at the 4 if he earns it. Could see J. Groves or Hill get minutes at the 3, especially if we don't sign another true guard. Mawein could start at the 4, though I think he'll need a year to adjust/improve. Noland could backup the 2 and 3 spots, and could get minutes at pg.

I hope the staff let's them all compete for spots. New beginning. We certainly have options and versatility. Biggest hole I see right now is another experienced true guard, especially one that can score it well. Maybe Gibson is that guy this year, or Harkless takes another leap. Should be fun to watch.

Edit: I will add, it's tough to not see Harkless starting b/c I think Moser will want to emphasize defense early, and Harkless is probably one of the better defenders. Be interesting to see if Moser still employs some form of the "No Middle" defense that he did at Loyola, and what that looks like for guys like Goldwire and Harkless.

Last edited:
Groves
Chargois
Harkless
Gibson
Goldwire , Defense and seniors for starters.

Oh the competition, it would be great to go see open practices if that's still allowed. The Moser program coming out fast, setting up future recruiting and attracting high level transfers. Thanks Joe C for loading up on the staff, gotta wear shades.

Back