Arena Talk

StoopsBros

Reaction score
The Moody Center looks like a fun environment. Wow.

Re: Big 12 talk (other teams games )

The Moody Center looks like a fun environment. Wow.

Texas had the same problem OU currently has with the LNC. Their old arena was too big and not really a basketball arena. OU needs to level the LNC and build a smaller basketball specific arena asap. No more then 9000 seats, to create a tighter more lively environment.

Texas had the same problem OU currently has with the LNC. Their old arena was too big and not really a basketball arena. OU needs to level the LNC and build a smaller basketball specific arena asap. No more then 9000 seats, to create a tighter more lively environment.

the "drum" had 17,900 seats

Moody has 16,000 .

Needs to be on campus near the stadium.

People like shinny objects. Build it and they will come.

Needs to be on campus near the stadium.

People like shinny objects. Build it and they will come.

Yep, as much as I love the Switzer Center, I wish they had built a new basketball arena there instead

Meh. Should have knocked down the field house and built a new arena there. Use lLoyd noble for concerts, conferences and events, etc

lol no there is not .... look at Techs stadium and sqft space ...

I think there is enough. The open area that was there by tearing down the dorms was 2.5 acres. THe circular LNC is 3 acres. The old fieldhouse is less than an acre. The bigger challenge would be not enough room for practice facilities but i imagine they could still use the LNC for practices and training.

There is quite a bit of parking there already too. They may have needed to add a parking garage just north of the site.

I think there is enough. The open area that was there by tearing down the dorms was 2.5 acres. THe circular LNC is 3 acres. The old fieldhouse is less than an acre. The bigger challenge would be not enough room for practice facilities but i imagine they could still use the LNC for practices and training.

There is quite a bit of parking there already too. They may have needed to add a parking garage just north of the site.

where the switzer center is south of the south endzone north of lindsay?

that is where we are talking about ?

The moody area doesn't take up much more than 2.5 acres. Gallagher iba is less than 2.5 acres.

I don't think 2.5 acres is ideal but it is doable for such a great spot. And if you took over that parking lot or the collums building, you could get close to 5 acres

If you tear down the fieldhouse, there is a lot of space just north of the stadium for a new arena just like gallager ibs.

oh sorry...i was talking about the bud. wrong coach

lol it is ok ..... I would love a new arena on the duck pond property ..

or just east of jenkins north of brooks south of university ...

if i had 500 mil to donate to OU that is where a new arena would go ..

at some point OU will own everything between jenkins and the RR tracks north of lindsey anyway (with the exception of the new APT building .. )

If you tear down the fieldhouse, there is a lot of space just north of the stadium for a new arena just like gallager ibs.

OU is not tearing down an almost 100 year old building that is the home of wrestling and volleyball ..

also GIA is a terrible place to watch basketball unless you are in the first 10 rows ..

at some point OU will own everything between jenkins and the RR tracks north of lindsey anyway (with the exception of the new APT building .. )

that would be a great spot for it

Good call, anywhere but where it's at now

Basketball games are a whole different thing from football games. Most folks arrive shortly before the game and leave immediately after--no tailgating, no post-game dinner or drinks. So the ability to get in and out quickly is key. All of which is to say, I think an arena in the middle of campus would discourage non-Norman residents from attending, due to the traffic hassles after the game.

Basketball games are a whole different thing from football games. Most folks arrive shortly before the game and leave immediately after--no tailgating, no post-game dinner or drinks. So the ability to get in and out quickly is key. All of which is to say, I think an arena in the middle of campus would discourage non-Norman residents from attending, due to the traffic hassles after the game.

Very few attend now!

Back