Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

osu loses. Love it. I will say that osu is better than their record. They’ve lost many close games. They’re not an easy out. There are no easy outs in this league.

Yes. KSU banked in a 3 to take the lead and OSU could never get the lead back (several ties) after that. But if OSU keeps playing like that that they will win some games.
I'm not sure they can play like that consistently. They've only had 2 close games in Big 12 play. They've lost every close game they've played this year.

KSU’s record in close games is uncanny. Granted, some of the noncon games shouldn’t have been close in the first place, but they seem to pull games out no matter how poorly they have played. Their schedule does get a lot tougher now.

Not Big 12 related, but just to cap off a great day of college hoops......Puke loses at home to Pitt......lulz.:D

KSU’s record in close games is uncanny. Granted, some of the noncon games shouldn’t have been close in the first place, but they seem to pull games out no matter how poorly they have played. Their schedule does get a lot tougher now.
KSU lost their best player in November.....this just further illustrates that Tang is one becoming one helluva coach.

KSU lost their best player in November.....this just further illustrates that Tang is one becoming one helluva coach.
He is especially good at BLOBs. The winning basket tonight came on a BLOB with one second left on the shot clock. They threw a lob that got them an easy layup. I still can’t figure out how defenses allow that to happen, but obviously the play design is a big part of it.

osu loses. Love it. I will say that osu is better than their record. They’ve lost many close games. They’re not an easy out. There are no easy outs in this league.

OSU is trash. They haven’t beaten anyone good. 3 out of their 5 conference losses have been woodshed beatings.

To lose to them at this point is a bad loss. They’re a Quad 4 team.

OSU is trash. They haven’t beaten anyone good. 3 out of their 5 conference losses have been woodshed beatings.

To lose to them at this point is a bad loss. They’re a Quad 4 team.
As of this morning, they are #139 in NET. If we played them today, they would be a Q-3 home game and they are right on the borderline for being a Q/2 or Q/3 road game (the cut line is #135 for that road game). Regardless, your point stands....a loss to them at home would certainly be a frowned upon. A road loss wouldn't be the end of the world (especially if that games ends up being a Q-2 game), but we have no business losing to them.

Kenpom Ratings for Big 12 before Monday's game:
Houston - 1 (their defense is historically good on Kenpom)
BYU - 10 (I don't get it, but the computers love BYU)
ISU - 12
Baylor - 15
Kansas - 18
OU - 21
TCU - 24
Tech - 31
Cincy - 33 (That was a really good road win for OU on Saturday)
Texas - 46
KSU - 56 (KSU is tough and plays hard, but they lack talent. This is the year to win at Bramledge)
UCF - 73 (thought they would be a little higher with their good wins, but they did lose at home to Stetson...not the cologne)
OSU - 115
WV - 132

Last edited:
Kenpom Ratings for Big 12 before Monday's game:
Houston - 1 (their defense is historically good on Kenpom)
BYU - 10 (I don't get it, but the computers love BYU)
ISU - 12
Baylor - 15
Kansas - 18
OU - 21
TCU - 24
Tech - 31
Cincy - 33 (That was a really good road win for OU on Saturday)
Texas - 46
KSU - 56 (KSU is tough and plays hard, but they lack talent. This is the year to win at Bramledge)
UCF - 73 (thought they would be a little higher with their good wins, but they did lose at home to Stetson...not the cologne)
OSU - 115
WV - 132
1705982325446.png

The tough thing for us with respect to KSU is that they will likely be coming into that game on a two-game losing streak because they play in Ames and at Houston this week. They are very hard to beat there, and with Tang’s close game magic, it feels like we’d need to be 8-10 pts better than them that night. That might be a “schedule loss,” especially if OU has a good week this week.

I saw a lot of twitter activity after Saturday where KU fans were complaining about a questionable reach foul. I watch their games at AFH and think they would need one million bad reach calls for it to even out.

Last edited:
I know they aren’t playing well recently, but Furphy’s surge makes KU much more dangerous. I mean, 23 and 11 for a true freshman who was a very late addition to their class is not good news for the rest of the league.

Last edited:
Back