Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

I know they aren’t playing well recently, but Furphy’s surge makes KU much more dangerous. I mean, 23 and 11 for a true freshman who was a very late addition to their class is not good news for the rest of the league.
As has been noted by multiple national guys in a few of their broadcasts so far, this KU team is limited. They aren't overly athletic and it seems they have to execute with more precision this season to win games. This isn't a KU team that is going to overwhelm you because their margin for error is smaller. Will that change as the season goes along?....I don't know. But I have learned not to count out Bill Self anytime his previous teams look vulnerable in January. But this KU team just seems to be missing something as of now.

As has been noted by multiple national guys in a few of their broadcasts so far, this KU team is limited. They aren't overly athletic and it seems they have to execute with more precision this season to win games. This isn't a KU team that is going to overwhelm you because their margin for error is smaller. Will that change as the season goes along?....I don't know. But I have learned not to count out Bill Self anytime his previous teams look vulnerable in January. But this KU team just seems to be missing something as of now.

This isn’t a great KU team. They can’t shoot either. I think Self is doing a great job of tweeking this roster and changing his approach. He’s went back to the high low with KJ Adams and Dickinson.

This isn’t a great KU team. They can’t shoot either. I think Self is doing a great job of tweeking this roster and changing his approach. He’s went back to the high low with KJ Adams and Dickinson.
He always adapts to his personnel. It’s one of the things that makes him the best. They aren’t especially athletic other than Adams, although Furphy also really helps them in that department. If he keeps up his strong play, they will head into March with five good to great starters, and depth isn’t all that important in the tournament. As long as none of the five get injured, I think they will be peaking at the right time, unfortunately.

The tough thing for us with respect to KSU is that they will likely be coming into that game on a two-game losing streak because they play in Ames and at Houston this week. They are very hard to beat there, and with Tang’s close game magic, it feels like we’d need to be 8-10 pts better than them that night. That might be a “schedule loss,” especially if OU has a good week this week.

I don’t expect ou to win at kstate. We gotta get this one tonight!

We might not win that game, but I'll be danged if I'll concede it before we play.
I may be one of the few on here that doesn't think KSU is as good as people think. Certainly not even clos to last year

KenPom rates them 56, with 129th offense and 23rd defense.

They have a good Big12 win with Baylor, an avg Big12 loss with Tech, and 3 wins against bottom feeders in the Big12 (OSU, WVU (a), UCF)
They had close games with 336 Oral Roberts, 223 North Alabama, and 293 Chicago St. (all at home)
Losses to 81 USC, 66 Miami, 49 Nebraska, and 31 Tech.
Good wins? 29 Villanova, 15 Baylor.

So, give Tang all the praise last year, but I am not sold this year. (yet)

not scared of ksu either, but it’s bramlage. we have to get to 8-3 though. the final 7 are brutal.

I may be one of the few on here that doesn't think KSU is as good as people think. Certainly not even clos to last year

They have a good Big12 win with Baylor, an avg Big12 loss with Tech, and 3 wins against bottom feeders in the Big12 (OSU, WVU (a), UCF)
They had close games with 336 Oral Roberts, 223 North Alabama, and 293 Chicago St. (all at home)

I don’t think they’re great. Like I said, this one just shapes up as a schedule loss if they are coming in off two road losses. But I do think they will get better as the season progresses. They were not good at all in the first few weeks of the season.

I'm in total agreement. And both of their "good" wins came in OT. Having said that, we've lost to worse KSU teams up there....I hate that place. Their PA guy also sounds like a WWE ring announcer.

Going through the scores so far, our loss tonight was the most lopsided home loss of the conference season other than the beat down OSU took from KU last week.

Nice win by Houston. I still think they are the only real threat to KU, so it was important they get that one.

Going through the scores so far, our loss tonight was the most lopsided home loss of the conference season other than the beat down OSU took from KU last week.

It was an unacceptable performance. There is no excuse for playing with no heart or hustle at home against texas. Getting outrebounded by 17 by the worst rebounding team in the conference tells the story.

It was an unacceptable performance. There is no excuse for playing with no heart or hustle at home against texas. Getting outrebounded by 17 by the worst rebounding team in the conference tells the story.
the rebounding was largely do to OU not being able to buy a bucket .. offensive rebounds were 8 to 5 ...

OU didn't make shots period ..

the rebounding was largely do to OU not being able to buy a bucket .. offensive rebounds were 8 to 5 ...

OU didn't make shots period ..

That’s a good point. Lots of opportunities to get def rebounds for them. I still don’t think we played with any type of urgency. Hard to fathom in a rivalry game that u have lost the last 5 times in.

I wondered how our 15 pt home loss stacked up. Considering all the talk about how hard it is to win on the road.

That’s a good point. Lots of opportunities to get def rebounds for them. I still don’t think we played with any type of urgency. Hard to fathom in a rivalry game that u have lost the last 5 times in.
it's not a rivalry game to anyone on that bench but maybe Humphreys...the rest including moser have no clue what paying ut means. MAYBE Goodwin since he grew up in Okla...

it's not a rivalry game to anyone on that bench but maybe Humphreys...the rest including moser have no clue what paying ut means. MAYBE Goodwin since he grew up in Okla...
I suspect Moore has bought in now. Not sure what they showed on TV but after Cunningham fouled Soares on the 3 he (Cunningham) was kind of into with our bench, some small pushing. As he turned to leave he and Moore bumped chests. Moore was POed and was still mouthing at him after the timeout as Soares was getting ready to shoot the FTs. I was worried about Moore getting a technical at that point because the game was still in reach.

Sorry, but I don't buy that for a minute. Do you honestly think he hasn't heard about it plenty that he's 1-14 against oswho, texas and ku? Godwin definitely knows about OU-texas. Oweh and Uzan both know. Moser goes to football games; he is fully aware of the importance of Bedlam and the RRR. If he doesn't get it by now, I don't know what to say.

Back