Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

Sorry, but I don't buy that for a minute. Do you honestly think he hasn't heard about it plenty that he's 1-14 against oswho, texas and ku? Godwin definitely knows about OU-texas. Oweh and Uzan both know. Moser goes to football games; he is fully aware of the importance of Bedlam and the RRR. If he doesn't get it by now, I don't know what to say.
I’m sure he’s very aware of his record against those schools. I’m sure he’s very motivated to change that… but it’s has nothing to do with rivalry.

If he was 1-14 vs ksu/isu/tt he’d feel the same way. He wants to win no doubt but I’d argue it’s just wins vs losses not necessarily rivalry.

Just my 2 cents

something happened between tang and pretzelburger. i caught the tail end and couldn’t rewind.

the rebounding was largely do to OU not being able to buy a bucket .. offensive rebounds were 8 to 5 ...

OU didn't make shots period ..

OU missed shots: 34
TX missed shots: 26

OU DRB: 19 or 73% DRB%
TX DRB: 32 or 94% DRB%

TX was still more efficient on the defensive glass. Although, this is a crude calculation to not be taken as full fact, as the rebound numbers on ESPN or other sites, do not quite add up to shots taken/missed.

For example, OU missed 34 shots, TX got 32 defensive rebounds, leaving 2...yet OU is recorded as having 5 offensive rebounds. Which means there should have been 37 missed shots. So if we recalculate for these numbers, they look like the below (based on rebounds alone):

32 of 37 total rebounds for TX: 86.4%
19 of 27 total rebounds for OU: 70.3%

Tough to say which is more correct as I would need to watch the game shot by shot and I have no intention of doing that lol

I’m sure he’s very aware of his record against those schools. I’m sure he’s very motivated to change that… but it’s has nothing to do with rivalry.

If he was 1-14 vs ksu/isu/tt he’d feel the same way. He wants to win no doubt but I’d argue it’s just wins vs losses not necessarily rivalry.

Just my 2 cents
Not beating his school's top rivals can get an otherwise successful coach fired. Any coach who thinks that losses to rivals are no worse than losses to non-rivals is a coach who's at risk of being taught a hard lesson. Just ask Ryan Day, who is on the hot seat (from the fans' POV, anyway), despite having a top 10 football team year in and year out, because he's lost three in a row to Michigan. Moser is not yet a successful coach at OU--his situation might fairly be described as more precarious than Day's--and a 1-9 record against OU's top two rivals (I'll leave ku out of the equation) creates a different kind of pressure than losses to other conference teams. Whether he grasps this reality is an open question. That's why I wonder if Loyola-Chicago has any truly heated rivalries.

OU missed shots: 34
TX missed shots: 26

OU DRB: 19 or 73% DRB%
TX DRB: 32 or 94% DRB%

TX was still more efficient on the defensive glass. Although, this is a crude calculation to not be taken as full fact, as the rebound numbers on ESPN or other sites, do not quite add up to shots taken/missed.

For example, OU missed 34 shots, TX got 32 defensive rebounds, leaving 2...yet OU is recorded as having 5 offensive rebounds. Which means there should have been 37 missed shots. So if we recalculate for these numbers, they look like the below (based on rebounds alone):

32 of 37 total rebounds for TX: 86.4%
19 of 27 total rebounds for OU: 70.3%

Tough to say which is more correct as I would need to watch the game shot by shot and I have no intention of doing that lol
OU also missed 4 FT that resulted in rebounds

Not beating his school's top rivals can get an otherwise successful coach fired. Any coach who thinks that losses to rivals are no worse than losses to non-rivals is a coach who's at risk of being taught a hard lesson. Just ask Ryan Day, who is on the hot seat (from the fans' POV, anyway), despite having a top 10 football team year in and year out, because he's lost three in a row to Michigan. Moser is not yet a successful coach at OU--his situation might fairly be described as more precarious than Day's--and a 1-9 record against OU's top two rivals (I'll leave ku out of the equation) creates a different kind of pressure than losses to other conference teams. Whether he grasps this reality is an open question. That's why I wonder if Loyola-Chicago has any truly heated rivalries.
oh I agree 100% just saying I don't think HE weighs those teams anymore than any other, due to his overall record he's not in a great spot..IMHO

Could Texas be any more soft as a fan base?

And why are coaches bending over backwards to not hurt their feelings?

Could Texas be any more soft as a fan base?

And why are coaches bending over backwards to not hurt their feelings?
Pretty sure it’s a vocal minority of ut noosters driving the horns down nonsense but it’s a strange hill to die on. BYU is pretty deferential to that type of conduct stuff so not too surprising.

Every time I see Kellen standing and roaming around the sideline during Houston games, I think of how annoying it was when the refs allowed multiple Suttons to stand during games.

Houston having the same second half against Texas that we had, at least so far. Of course, they are on the road so big difference.

Edit: now Houston on a 9-0 run

Last edited:
Such a winning player. And his numbers are dramatically better since conference play started. reminds me a bit of Quannas. Scores when needed but can also dominate games in other ways without scoring.
That said, I hate the fact that he didn’t drive at the end of regulation in a tie game.

What a big win for Houston. Huge in the conference race for them to have a game lead on KU heading into Lawrence this weekend.

My mom (and pretty much every person I’m related to) is a huge KU fan and I’m going with her Saturday to that game. Can’t wait to get the death stares from all the KU fans when they realize I’m cheering loudly for Houston. Sure would be nice if they could do what we can’t so I can have a happy drive home for a change!

What a big win for Houston. Huge in the conference race for them to have a game lead on KU heading into Lawrence this weekend.

My mom (and pretty much every person I’m related to) is a huge KU fan and I’m going with her Saturday to that game. Can’t wait to get the death stares from all the KU fans when they realize I’m cheering loudly for Houston. Sure would be nice if they could do what we can’t so I can have a happy drive home for a change!
KU- Houston might be the game of the year.

I watched alittle of the Texas Houston game towards the end and saw Texas miss a couple of free throws. My first thought was: “Those are going to come back to bite them.”

that will be an awesome environment .. have fun ..

TCU beat Tech.

Oklahoma State is down a ton to Kansas early in the 2nd half. Pokes better win against KSU this weekend if they don't win that one they may not win another game till March.

Obvious prediction: Boynton gets fired.

It'll be interesting to see who OSU hires.

This coaching offseason may get really crazy. Ohio State could open up. Might be time for McDermott to head somewhere bigger than Creighton (like Ohio State). The Blue Jays might lose their top 3-4 players. Washington, Arizona State, Louisville, Vanderbilt, Michigan, Minnesota, etc....are all possible openings.

Back