Bubble Watch catch all ..

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
the Athletic has 18 teams left for 10 spots (this does not account for bid thieves ie one bid leagues having a champ possible lose or a team out winning a big conf tournament) ESPN has 24 teams for 12 spots ..

The Athletic =A
ESPN =E

Team Net/SOS Record Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4

UNC 40/62 AE 22-8 1-7 4-0 12-0 5-1
VT 41/85 AE 19-11 1-5 4-4 7-2 7-0
Miami 62/76 AE 20-9 4-1 4-5 7-3 5-0

OU 47/4 AE 16-14 2-11 6-2 1-1 6-0
TCU 49/27 AE 19-9 6-6 4-3 3-0 6-0

Xavier 36/25 AE 17-11 5-8 4-2 4-1 4-0
Creighton 67/40 AE 19-9 5-5 3-3 5-1 6-0

Michigan 37/9 AE 16-12 4-8 3-3 5-1 4-0
Indiana 44/47 AE 18-10 3-6 3-4 4-0 8-0
Rutgers 83/32 AE 16-12 5-5 3-4 2-2 6-1

Oregon 58/44 AE 17-11 3-6 4-2 3-3 7-0

Florida 51/48 AE 19-11 2-8 4-2 6-0 7-1
Miss St 53/50 E 17-12 2-8 2-2 7-2 6-0

Loyola Chicago 31/115 AE 21-7 3-2 2-4 7-1 9-0
North Texas 38/141 AE 20-4 1-1 4-2 5-1 10-0
Memphis 42/75 AE 17-9 3-3 3-4 7-2 4-0
Davidson 45/154 AE 23-4 2-1 3-3 8-0 10-0
Smu 47/102 AE 20-7 2-2 4-3 7-1 7-1
Byu 50/63 AE 19-9 4-5 3-3 3-0 9-1
VCU 53/93 AE 21-7 2-2 4-4 11-1 4-0
San Diego State 26/71 E 19-7 4-7 2-0 6-0 7-0
San Francisco 28/88 E 22-8 3-5 5-2 5-0 9-1
Iona 77/176 E 24-5 12-0 1-2 1-1 10-2 12-0
South Dakota St 71/247 E 25-4 0-2 2-0 10-1 13-1

Last edited:
if OU wins tonight and sat they will be in decent shape

I like our sos but it will probably drop after the next two games. Where do you think our net ranking needs to be?

I like our sos but it will probably drop after the next two games. Where do you think our net ranking needs to be?

anywhere in the 40's or below is not bad ..

KSU on the road would be another Q1 win tying OU for 3rd most on this entire list

I'm not going to worry about it. Need to win the next two games. If we do that, I'll take my chances. If we don't, it won't matter. Seems unlikely this team will win both, though both are very winnable. Would have felt better if we hadn't squandered away our lead against the pokes on Saturday. The team doesn't seem to be getting better, or learning from mistakes.

Thanks for posting, this is a handy thing to reference going forward. Even if we play ourselves out of the picture by losing tonight and/or Saturday, it will be easy to keep tabs on the remaining teams.

Also, I notice Virginia isn't listed. That must mean they are a lock. After all, they play in a conference that is usually good. :)

This link has been posted before but - http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

I've clicked and looked at most of the top bracket people/sites out there. OU isn't listed on most brackets/bubble teams right now. As we know, they still have an outside chance but my bet right now is the NIT. Really good wins but just too many losses.

We'll see. Just beat WVU for now. One game at a time.

This link has been posted before but - http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

I've clicked and looked at most of the top bracket people/sites out there. OU isn't listed on most brackets/bubble teams right now. As we know, they still have an outside chance but my bet right now is the NIT. Really good wins but just too many losses.

We'll see. Just beat WVU for now. One game at a time.

OU is "11th" out according to that ..

Florida is right on the cusp of being a Quad 1 win for us if they could get to 50 (currently 51). Unfortunately they have to play Kentucky next which will be difficult to win obviously.

At this point I’m not really sure we are even going to have a chance to be on the bubble Selection Sunday. Looks to me like we will likely either know for sure we are in or out prior.

—We all know if we lose the next two, we are 100% out.

—I think if we win the next two, we are 100% in. Maybe I’m off there— but a win over KSU would likely bring us to the cusp and then a win over Baylor or Tech would almost certainly push us over— get us to the 18 wins and it wouldn’t matter if we advanced further.

—Perhaps it could be argued that a win over KSU and then a first round loss would have us in the running still— I don’t think so. Maybe not a 0% chance but the current Bracketologists would have to be way off— basically saying that one win over KSU would push us from 9th or 10th team out to solidly in. Doesn’t compute.

—The one funky scenario that does create a bubble gray area— lose at KSU, beat WVU in play in, and then beat the 1 seed. Not sure where that would land us, but it’s also the least likely scenario as it would mean two wins in KC.

Our very best bet is this— find a way to in Manhattan for the first time in forever. Then, cross your fingers that the chips fall right and we are matched up with Tech in the 2/7 game. On a neutral cost, we’d have a fighting chance— better than our chances vs Baylor or KU, that’s for sure. Then if you beat Tech, I think you punch your Dance card and you do it just by winning two games.

Bottom line, find a way to win Sat and suddenly realistic possibilities present themselves. Lose, and you’ll be doing mental gymnastics to get us in.

At this point I’m not really sure we are even going to have a chance to be on the bubble Selection Sunday. Looks to me like we will likely either know for sure we are in or out prior.

—We all know if we lose the next two, we are 100% out.

—I think if we win the next two, we are 100% in. Maybe I’m off there— but a win over KSU would likely bring us to the cusp and then a win over Baylor or Tech would almost certainly push us over— get us to the 18 wins and it wouldn’t matter if we advanced further.

—Perhaps it could be argued that a win over KSU and then a first round loss would have us in the running still— I don’t think so. Maybe not a 0% chance but the current Bracketologists would have to be way off— basically saying that one win over KSU would push us from 9th or 10th team out to solidly in. Doesn’t compute.

The one funky scenario that does create a bubble gray area— lose at KSU, beat WVU in play in, and then beat the 1 seed. Not sure where that would land us, but it’s also the least likely scenario as it would mean two wins in KC.

Our very best bet is this— find a way to in Manhattan for the first time in forever. Then, cross your fingers that the chips fall right and we are matched up with Tech in the 2/7 game. On a neutral cost, we’d have a fighting chance— better than our chances vs Baylor or KU, that’s for sure. Then if you beat Tech, I think you punch your Dance card and you do it just by winning two games.

Bottom line, find a way to win Sat and suddenly realistic possibilities present themselves. Lose, and you’ll be doing mental gymnastics to get us in.

I thought about that, too, and it would be very interesting to see what that would bring. I actually think we may have a better chance of that scenario playing out than the more straightforward option of beating KSU and then the 2-seed, for the simple matter that I have no faith in us winning in Manhattan. Either scenario would require us beating a great team in KC next Thursday, so to me, the difference is that we are more likely to beat West Virginia on a neutral floor (which we basically did last night lol) than we are to win at KSU.

Maybe not a 0% chance but the current Bracketologists would have to be way off— basically saying that one win over KSU would push us from 9th or 10th team out to solidly in. Doesn’t compute.

the Athletic had OU as the 7th team out before last nights game ..

OU likely will be higher then that in the next update ..

OU has played 9 games against the top 15 in the NET (including 5 road games). We are 1-8 in those games.

Tough schedule will play into our favor if the committee is on the fence. But we needed to pick up the home games against UT, TCU, and Butler if we wanted this to be a no brainer.

Back