Cam down to three

I love our chances with that group, I love it.

He will surprise me if he goes to OSU. They already have two wings committed, and both are good players. Looks like he may visit this week as well. It will be a HUGE recruiting weekend with Doron Lamb, Ray McCallum, and Cam coming in. Absolutely huge.

He is likely – though not 100 percent – going to visit Oklahoma this weekend provided his father is able to make the trip.

Man can Buzz recruit Texas or what.

I like our chances as well. Glad we made the cut.

I wonder if this is a sign his recruiting might end sooner rather than later.
I know there has been all the talk about him waiting till the Spring but with him already being at 3 teams I think this could be a sign it will be over soon.

I don't think he'll go to OSU. They already got Cobbins. Doesn't seem to me that Marquette has been in on Clark as much and as long as we have.

I think Clark will be a Sooner.

Hello again Sooner faithful,

Its a Marquette fan again wondering how those in "the know" percieve the handicap on this recruitment. I remember reading your Elite Camp review and based on how Cam worked with the OU staff I, along most MU fans, give them the nod on the favorites for his services. The only thing I wonder is why two instate teams and one in Wisconsin? I figure Buzz has some connection but being the out of state option I guess I'll remain intrigued.

Thanks again,

BBG

Sounds extremely good... He would be the gem of the class.

I like our chances because of this in his interview with Henzo...........

“Capel is probably my favorite (coach) to talk to,” he said. “We talk about stuff, not really basketball stuff, but he’s just real cool. I like him a lot, he calls me all the time and we just talk about anything.

He also said that about Capel in his interview with one of the Scout guys.

Its a Marquette fan again wondering how those in "the know" percieve the handicap on this recruitment. I remember reading your Elite Camp review and based on how Cam worked with the OU staff I, along most MU fans, give them the nod on the favorites for his services. The only thing I wonder is why two instate teams and one in Wisconsin? I figure Buzz has some connection but being the out of state option I guess I'll remain intrigued.

Thanks again,

BBG

BBG,

Good to hear from you again. Buzz has done a great job keeping his recruiting connections alive.

To tell you the truth, nobody around here really knows. Cam has been very, very tight-lipped about the recruiting process, so your guess is as good as mine. That said, we do know that he has been Capel's top guy from day 1, that his buddy (they are not best friends) T.J. Taylor is coming to OU, and that Sherman is really close to Norman. Will that translate to Cam wearing the crimson and cream? We will see.

Cam pull the trigger baby! You were meant to be a Sooner and with Coach Capel! This would be an unreal get and could start a domino effect with Releford being next.

Maybe I misremember, but it seems to me that early on he was a sure get for OU and there was speculation that he would commit right away. I am impressed with Ford's recruiting. He must be nearly as good at it as the Baylor coach. He's a good coach, too.

He will surprise me if he goes to OSU. They already have two wings committed, and both are good players. Looks like he may visit this week as well. It will be a HUGE recruiting weekend with Doron Lamb, Ray McCallum, and Cam coming in. Absolutely huge.

Man can Buzz recruit Texas or what.

I like our chances as well. Glad we made the cut.

It surprised me when Michael Cobbins selected OSU over OU as well. OSU has a bigger need for bigger players than OU and obviously their coach can recruit. I am very concerned. Not good for the Sooners to lose another player to the pukes.

Thanks again,

BBG

the one thing that makes alot of OU fans feel optimistic is that through all the lists that he has had, we have been there the entire time. OU and A&M started recruiting him the earliest and OU is still in the thick. You guys have a coach that is going to be a monster. I understood his elite camp was very successful.

Sounds like Florida International's trying to squeeze in the door too.

Saturday Forecast:

Partly cloudy
10% chance of rain
High: 77
Low: 62
30% chance of Cam commitment

Back