Carmelo Anthony's Flagrant 2 Foul

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
I’m surprised what may have been one of the worst calls in NBA history has not been a topic of discussion on this board. I happened to be watching the game when it happened. I was certain Carmelo Anthony would be going to the line for an and one, so I didn’t understand why the officiating crew was spending so much time looking at it on the monitor.

I was shocked when he was called for a Flagrant 2 foul and kicked out of the game. What had been a horrible call had quickly morphed into an absolute travesty!

This CBS reporter is being kind to call it a joke! No one that I can find, except the league’s officials, are defending what this crew did, because there is no defense. This is a prime example of what I hate about NBA basketball! Good ol’ boys defending their buddies even when they’re wrong!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-flagrant-2-that-got-carmelo-anthony-ejected/

I’m surprised what may have been one of the worst calls in NBA history has not been a topic of discussion on this board. I happened to be watching the game when it happened. I was certain Carmelo Anthony would be going to the line for an and one, so I didn’t understand why the officiating crew was spending so much time looking at it on the monitor.

I was shocked when he was called for a Flagrant 2 foul and kicked out of the game. What had been a horrible call had quickly morphed into an absolute travesty!

This CBS reporter is being kind to call it a joke! No one that I can find, except the league’s officials, are defending what this crew did, because there is no defense. This is a prime example of what I hate about NBA basketball! Good ol’ boys defending their buddies even when they’re wrong!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-flagrant-2-that-got-carmelo-anthony-ejected/

i was livid. Especially sense Russ had just been hit in the face with no review earlier.

And then last night russ gets get with a flagrant 1 that was BS. It should have been an offensive foul but not a flagrant.

And through it all, Billy D. is the perfect gentleman. He is going to lose this team if he doesn't start sticking up for them

i was livid. Especially sense Russ had just been hit in the face with no review earlier.

And then last night russ gets get with a flagrant 1 that was BS. It should have been an offensive foul but not a flagrant.

And through it all, Billy D. is the perfect gentleman. He is going to lose this team if he doesn't start sticking up for them

Agreed. Billy D. may lose his job if he doesn’t find a way to win more games with the talent he’s got now. I realize it’s much too early in the season to assume this team will not gel at some point and be a factor in the West.

But, the team I saw last night appears to be headed in another direction. Unlike last year, defense is not the problem. Except for an occasional give and go to Adams, most of the half court offensive sets, if you want to call them that, consist of a pass or two before one of the big three goes one on one and puts up a shot. The concept of a team offense seems to be lost on this Thunder team right now.

On a positive note, Buddy had a grest game last night. He almost single handily got the Kings back in the game in the first half. Good to see for Buddy Hield fans!

Back