Fitz, Pledger Cited

Re: Fitz, Pledger Arrested

Capel should punish them the same way Ford punished Moses for getting busted with narcotics. That is, to do nothing at all.

That was at least strike two for Moses as well....

What better way to reward a great effort against Texas than to go out and steal some stuff....unbelievable.

The only reason the punishment here MIGHT be worse than the crime, is b/c of the attitudes and stuff we've already seen all year. I'm guessing if this weren't two freshman......it were were Willis, or Allen, you might see them kicked off the team. Be tough to boot these two, as we'd have MAJOR roster issues next year.

I'd make the entire team run. These guys need to learn to keep each other in line. And Lord knows I ran enough over the years for other peoples' mistakes. :)

I don't understand why kids would go into a department store and rip off some merchandise. They are getting free room and board and probably a little carrying around cash from their folks.

It goes back to character. I'm not saying these two are bad seeds but I remember something J C Watts says. "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking."

I hope these young men learn from their mistakes. They have embarrassed their family, themselves and the program.

I don't understand why kids would go into a department store and rip off some merchandise. They are getting free room and board and probably a little carrying around cash from their folks.

It goes back to character. I'm not saying these two are bad seeds but I remember something J C Watts says. "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking."

I hope these young men learn from their mistakes. They have embarrassed their family, themselves and the program.

Well said.

Is Capel going to make an announcement or will we not know whats going on until tipoff of the Tech game?

Is Capel going to make an announcement or will we not know whats going on until tipoff of the Tech game?

DOK said it will be handled "internally" so I doubt we hear anything...

Since Najera is basically just sitting on the bench down in Dallas, Capel should invite him to go 2 on 2 (Najera and Szendrei vs. Pledge and Fitz) and they should just beat the crap out of them for about 10 hours.

I thought they got all of their gear back from Capel?

Totally agree, topcat!

Hopefully, Pledge and Fitz will learn from this experience. Everyone makes mistakes. God knows I made WAY more than my share when I was their age. The challenge is emerging on the other side of your screw ups, even more determined to take advantage of your opportunities and be a better person.

Agreed. If I had read the headline and not the story, I would never have guessed that Pledger and Fitz were the players arrested for petty theft.

What were they thinking?!!! Never mind, they weren't thinking, and therein lies the problem. I just don't understand why would anyone would risk their reputation and their career on merchandise they could purchase by picking up aluminum cans on the side of the road?

Who would you guess and why? You don't have to answer that but I would not have guessed any of the players would have done this and at the same time I wouldn't put it past any of them. They are kids and kids make stupid decisions.

I have a hard time being too judgmental. I downloaded plenty of music off of Napster back in the day, and while I don't do that kind of thing any more, I was older and theoretically wiser than these kids at the time. They should be punished, and will be punished. If they learn their lesson that should be the end of it. If they pull a JR Raymond and this is the first of many incidents, I'm sure this won't be the end of it.

if your gonna be stupid, do it in the offseason so you get suspended early when your team isn't depending on you to beat maryland-eastern shore.

Last edited:

Listen to what Denver said. It's not monumental. It's the typical crap you see from kids like this. Run, apply some peer pressure (team punishment), and take some PT away. Kicking kids off a team is way too harsh for this minor crap.

Truth is what they need is for somebody's grandma to take a switch to their asses.

If my grandma was around she'd light their butts up and they wouldnt even think about pulling that stuff again. As much as I loved that lady I was sure glad she didnt get wind of all my exploits.

Last edited:

Nobody's gonna get kicked off, but there will obviously be a suspension. This is such a terrible time for this. Crocker and Willie hobbled, tiny struggling. We couldn't afford any more hits to our depth. Makes me sick. We've got a winnable game tomorrow night and if these guys' stupidity causes us to lose it I'm going to be really upset.

Disgusting.
Come on, guys.
I wouldn't be against suspending them for the rest of the season.
It certainly won't help the team win games, but it's about more than that sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

We've got a winnable game tomorrow night and if these guys' stupidity causes us to lose it I'm going to be really upset.

I am sorry but how this is dealt with is much more important to the lives of these kids and the future of our basketball program that one single game tomorrow night.

priorities.

And honestly, why would two large black guys think they could get away with nobody noticing them shoplifting?

because youth believe they are immortal, uncatchable, and invincible.

Last edited:
Back