March Madness and Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might have been here a long time but he comes in here and trolls me all the time. You know that.

No, I don’t. I try to avoid the threads on this forum as much as I can. I hate politics, and they’re all political to some extent. If hoopsaustin or anyone else is trolling you, send me a PM. Don’t assume I read every post or thread for that matter.

I’m the only admin left to help Boulder right now. Sarcasm and cute remarks may be okay on some fan boards, but they’re not here. I see no reason why reasonable adults can’t get along by having sensible discussions on every topic. It’s not easy when politics rears its ugly head. That’s why “no politics “ was one of the first rules on the list I wrote when the site was launched.

Boulder made the decision to give it a try on this forum only, and I can live with that. But, if the petty bickering continues, I will walk away and not look back. Believe me, I’m not saying that to get anyone’s sympathy. I’m closing in fast on 80 with way too many health issues the past two years, not to mention the fact that I’m not nearly as patient as I used to be.

The easiest thing for me to do would be to walk away. I have paid my dues with literally thousands of hours of my time the past twelve years. All because I love OU basketball. If Boulder shut this forum down, I would applaud his move. I hated the O’Connell forum when I was a mod on OUInsider. That should tell you why I would be happy if this board went away.

So, now that I have opened my innermost thoughts to inspection, maybe you and others who frequent this forum will be more sympathetic when I come across as old and cranky. :D

No, I don’t. I try to avoid the threads on this forum as much as I can. I hate politics, and they’re all political to some extent. If hoopsaustin or anyone else is trolling you, send me a PM. Don’t assume I read every post or thread for that matter.

I’m the only admin left to help Boulder right now. Sarcasm and cute remarks may be okay on some fan boards, but they’re not here. I see no reason why reasonable adults can’t get along by having sensible discussions on every topic. It’s not easy when politics rears its ugly head. That’s why “no politics “ was one of the first rules on the list I wrote when the site was launched.

Boulder made the decision to give it a try on this forum only, and I can live with that. But, if the petty bickering continues, I will walk away and not look back. Believe me, I’m not saying that to get anyone’s sympathy. I’m closing in fast on 80 with way too many health issues the past two years, not to mention the fact that I’m not nearly as patient as I used to be.

The easiest thing for me to do would be to walk away. I have paid my dues with literally thousands of hours of my time the past twelve years. All because I love OU basketball. If Boulder shut this forum down, I would applaud his move. I hated the O’Connell forum when I was a mod on OUInsider. That should tell you why I would be happy if this board went away.

So, now that I have opened my innermost thoughts to inspection, maybe you and others who frequent this forum will be more sympathetic when I come across as old and cranky. :D

It's all good Ada. I appreciate everything you do for this message board!

Ada I am describing liberals as a whole. It is not my decision as to what political affiliations people on an individual basis choose for themselves. I was not singling out any one specific individual, but we know that. Enjoy.

I know that, sheepdogs. I think steverocks35 might have misunderstood your intentions.

Thank you! Now, do your best to show your gratitude through an effort to get along with everyone and see what happens. You’re by no means the only one who needs to heed the call.

Same. I wish these threads would just get nuked. Its dividing the board..

I wanna go back to mainly ripping on ABDs yearly possible juco all American teams :p

Same. I wish these threads would just get nuked. Its dividing the board..

I wanna go back to mainly ripping on ABDs yearly possible juco all American teams :p

I would love to go back to defending them. :)

I find it odd that i can't find any articles about the rapid rise in EU covid cases newer than 3 weeks. They were all over the place when the US was exploding and EU was stable. But now, nobody wants to talk about it.

the EU has surpassed the US on daily new cases.

OK, someone help me understand this.

The CDC says that cloth masks won't help with wildfire smoke.
https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/covid-19/wildfire_smoke_covid-19.html

The average size of the harmful wildfire particulates is around 2.5 microns from google searching.

The average covid virus size is around .06 to 1.4 micron

So why will they work for covid and not for wildfires?

The only thing that I can think of is that the cloth masks will not work for covid but only for large droplets carrying covid.

And my response to that would be that who sneezes in a mask or coughs in a mask?

OK, someone help me understand this.

The CDC says that cloth masks won't help with wildfire smoke.
https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/covid-19/wildfire_smoke_covid-19.html

The average size of the harmful wildfire particulates is around 2.5 microns from google searching.

The average covid virus size is around .06 to 1.4 micron

So why will they work for covid and not for wildfires?

The only thing that I can think of is that the cloth masks will not work for covid but only for large droplets carrying covid.

And my response to that would be that who sneezes in a mask or coughs in a mask?

Cloth masks don't stop the virus from being inhaled either. They just limit the distance of your exhalation plume. That's why cloth masks protect others more than they protect you.

Cloth masks don't stop the virus from being inhaled either. They just limit the distance of your exhalation plume. That's why cloth masks protect others more than they protect you.

Interesting. So the cloth somehow allows inhalation at a lower pressure but greatly slows down exhale at higher pressure?

That physics doesn't check out.

Interesting. So the cloth somehow allows inhalation at a lower pressure but greatly slows down exhale at higher pressure?

That physics doesn't check out.

I started to explain it but you can just google it. It's not that complicated.

This seems promising for treatment, if true.

[TWEET]1305605202926620682[/TWEET]

Story out of Nashville states the municipal government purposely hid data suggesting virus cases traced to bars and restaurants were much lower than what city officials were letting on in an attempt to keep these businesses shut down.

https://news.yahoo.com/nashville-mayor-office-health-department-130915829.html

The mayor and others should be held accountable for this nonsense. There are severe consequences for shutting down and to Lie about the numbers and keep these businesses shutdown is criminal and these leaders should be called on the carpet and removed from office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back