NCAA Second Round // Oklahoma vs. VCU // Gameday Thread

Besides a couple of careless turnovers Cousins has been really good today.

Cousins may be playing his way into NBA draft position.

Needed to put Hield in for that last possession. Glad to be up 13, but honestly, I feel a little unsettled. We missed a lot of wide open shots. Should have been up 15-20 heading into half. VCU's going to make a run in the second half. I hope we're prepared to counterpunch.

Why not put in Hield and Cousins there? The chance of a foul is close to zero.

Up 13 just no real reason to risk getting a charge called. Just let Woodard do his thing. Unfortunately Woodard didn't but Cousins and buddy also didn't get a bad 3rd foul.

Is it me or has the bench played more in these first two NCAA tourney games than any two consecutive games in the Big 12?

Needed to put Hield in for that last possession. Glad to be up 13, but honestly, I feel a little unsettled. We missed a lot of wide open shots. Should have been up 15-20 heading into half. VCU's going to make a run in the second half. I hope we're prepared to counterpunch.

Just keep killing them on the boards and that's all that matters. No way they come back if we rebound in the second half like we did in the first! Let's go!

Is it me or has the bench played more in these first two NCAA tourney games than any two consecutive games in the Big 12?

I think who you're seeing getting more minutes is James. Dante, Walker, and Jamuni have played about the same amount all season. But James has been getting more minutes the last 3 games. Last game wasn't his best effort, but that's normal for a freshman. I'm just glad he's getting the experience. Needs to just be a defensive force and knock down an occasional 3 and that will help immensely.

The chance of a foul is essentially nil.

I'd rather take a chance of the team we had out there hitting a shot then either of our 2 best players picking up a dumb foul ya know? I know what you mean it's just kinda not worth it when your up 13.

We saw them go on a run and our boys followed with quite the counter... Oh and BTW, they were shooting almost double their average from three, at that point. We'll be just fine as long as we continue to play with effort on the boards and intensity on D.

I just want them out there in the second half. One basket isn't worth the potential loss of them for ten minutes.

Let's come out sharp and angry. I'm still a little nervous....as usual.

Agree. Buddy stands by the 3 pt line as a decoy or a wide open option.

I like ur thinking. Let woodard drive on the side hield is on and they cant help off him. O well. Up 13 at half is pretty good. Just dont need any wuick silly fouls to start the 2nd half on cousins or buddy

Lattin needs to be in the right spot there instead of harassing a guard who is already covered.

Back