>>>>>Oklahoma [6-2] vs. Wichita State [8-2] Pregame Thread <<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [6-2] vs. Wichita State [8-2] Pregame Thread <<<<<

Matt Freeman?

Does it look like we're trying to run out the clock to anyone here?

Why does Lon suck against teams from Kansas?

Not a knock on our staff but the better coached team at this point in the season won this one. They run plays on offense to get them some decent looks and we really don't.

Missed an opportunity with this game.

I'm getting tired of watching the same 2nd half meltdown year in and year out. This year it's more prevalent with the youth. NIT team IMO

Missed an opportunity with this game.

Huge missed opportunity - we were the better team and gave it away ala N. Iowa. Not sure what the answer is at this point.

Last edited:

Well, if we can get a miraculous steal or they can miss 2 FTs again?

Huge missed opportunity - we were the better team and gave it away ala N. Iowa. Not sure what the answer is at this point.

We havent been the better team. Better individual players? Probably. But how can you lose when you go to the line like 20 more times than your opponent?

Why did we schedule this mess? Then espn throws in the biggest shocker Homer to call the game.

We havent been the better team. Better individual players? Probably. But how can you lose when you go to the line like 20 more times than your opponent?

When you shoot 25% from the field... Nobody on their side could stay in front of us on defense. It's amazing to me we won the turnover battle, was sure that was why we lose this game.

Why do they allow time to run off the clock?

They fought to the end. It is always disappointing to watch OU lose, but unfortunately, it will happen many more times this season. I want to see the team improve over the course of the season and continue to compete. Hate even thinking that OU could go from the Final Four to missing the tournament the following year. I guess that is what happens when you lose 3 senior starters and 1 of them is the POY.

Not a knock on our staff but the better coached team at this point in the season won this one. They run plays on offense to get them some decent looks and we really don't.

Agree 110%.....there were certainly some personnel/lineup decisions that were questionable from Lon today. I did think we gave very good effort overall.....the guys certainly played hard.

Having said that, we could play Wichita State ten more times and they would likely beat our @sses in the same exact fashion in at least 8 or 9 of those. They play well together and rarely beat themselves.

When you shoot 25% from the field... Nobody on their side could stay in front of us on defense. It's amazing to me we won the turnover battle, was sure that was why we lose this game.

Yeah that had something to do with it. Really don't understand strong moore getting the minutes he did.

Pathetic to win the TO battle, have way more free throws, and still lose to a team of players you could have had by simply offering them a scholarship.

Need to run some offense that can get our guys more in-rhythm looks. I don't think the weave is ideal for our young team. If Woodard comes off the floor we have little offense.

Oh well, I know we will get better but hated to lose this one.

They fought to the end. It is always disappointing to watch OU lose, but unfortunately, it will happen many more times this season. I want to see the team improve over the course of the season and continue to compete. Hate even thinking that OU could go from the Final Four to missing the tournament the following year. I guess that is what happens when you lose 3 senior starters and 1 of them is the POY.

Spot on post!

Truth is, no one on this board expected OU to be better this season. Most didn't think we could beat WSU. Being disappointed with the loss is one thing. But pretending you expected more than this team could deliver at this point of the season is disingenuous at best.

James is a bull in a china shop right now. So out of control.

Strong does nothing for me. I don't know why Shepard gets no run.

This team lacks balls. But they might grow.

I don't know if Lon think's moving Woodard over to the 2 is the trick but strong-moore ain't the answer at the point.

We just aren't any good currently. WSU is about to blow it out.

No. You have a poor concept of athletics, in general.

Back