>>>>>Oklahoma [6-2] vs. Wichita State [8-2] Pregame Thread <<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [6-2] vs. Wichita State [8-2] Pregame Thread <<<<<

what channel is the game you guys are watching on? OU looks pretty decent in the one on ESPN2.

The one in which they are shooting 32%.

I wonder if thats going to be freemans' role - come in to take a few shots. He can probably do that one OK. he can't shoot on the move though nor should he need to.

To be candid, I set the bar fairly low in this one.....I gave us about a 30% chance of winning. However, the defense (outside of the first 6 or 7 minutes) has been good enough to win this game. They are keeping turnovers to a minimum and playing even on the boards. If they will just be a little smarter in shot selection, they have a good shot to pull this out.

Yes, it has. I like the way we're scoring too. Putting the pressure on WSU with drives to the hole and forcing them to commit fouls. And, that doesn't include at least two no calls that should have been called.

The only negative has been the number of contested and ill-advised shots we have taken from the perimeter.

I agree with this. Our shooting is ice cold, but we're still scoring by being aggressive.

I've also been pleased to see us get our turnover under control.

I remember when Abe Lemons useta say "they'd complain if you didnt hang them with a gold rope." They are taking some bad shots, but they are also taking advantage of their physical strength over the shockers. just one more pass out of that and the shooting percentage would be higher.

To be candid, I set the bar fairly low in this one.....I gave us about a 30% chance of winning. However, the defense (outside of the first 6 or 7 minutes) has been good enough to win this game. They are keeping turnovers to a minimum and playing even on the boards. If they will just be a little smarter in shot selection, they have a good shot to pull this out.
If they can't win, I hope they can keep it within 6-10 points

CJ needs to share the ball a little more......and Odomes needs to find some confidence in his short jumper; he had a shot inside the ft line and charged in to try a layup?????

Defense has been fairly good, but Wichita has missed some wide open 3s.:facepalm

We have 4 guys w/2 fouls each. Lattin not credited w/a shot. 14 of 16 free throws. 3 turnovers.

Some of his shots have had an equal chance of going in the other basket.

Even so, I still wouldn't want him to stop shooting. There's a good chance his next four or five will go in. He just tried too hard to force the action in the first half.

WSU had a lot of unforced errors early that kept it close then our D was better.

If they can't win, I hope they can keep it within 6-10 points

OU is the best team. I think we'll win.

Even so, I still wouldn't want him to stop shooting. There's a good chance his next four or five will go in. He just tried too hard to force the action in the first half.

And I agree. I would rather he show some good form w/rewarding results first then increase the degree of difficulty if need be.

sure hope they keep up that defensive effort in the 2nd half. kinda scared to see what WSU's adjustments will be.

Don't stop shooting just take better shots! ANd make a layup..

OU is the best team. I think we'll win.

I think we have the better players. I think we are the better team long-term. I hope we will be the best team today. We need to win a game like this now.

And I agree. I would rather he show some good form w/rewarding results first then increase the degree of difficulty if need be.

I like the emphasis of taking it to the hole first, but it does get tiring watching him put up reverse layup after high bank after some other circus shot. pitch the ball out. guys are moving in off the wing so we need to knock down a few shots from there.

We are just rushing some outside shots and not setting our feet well. The looks are there though.

Buford is lost out there...ugh.

I am so sick of watching this team give up wide open 3's. OU can't make a shot outside of 5 feet

Back