*****Oklahoma @ Nebraska Game Thread*****

Tiny is definitely a D-1 player. I'm gonna say this for the 100th time the dude just lost 70 pounds and is literally learning to play with a new body at the next level and a new position.

I guess that is why his footwork is awful. Most post players do take time to develop, but he seems to have regressed since conference play began. I'm not trying to bag on the kid, just an observation.

I guess that is why his footwork is awful. Most post players do take time to develop, but he seems to have regressed since conference play began. I'm not trying to bag on the kid, just an observation.

He has great footwork when he actually catches the ball in the post. They need to do a better job of getting it to him down there.

The thing is his hands have remained the same.

What point are you trying to make? He's playing a new position - being asked to do things he's never done before - and he has to do it against D-1 competition. Nothing comes natural to him at this point, offensively or defensively, so he's going to have more turnovers and fouls than we would like.

He has great footwork when he actually catches the ball in the post. They need to do a better job of getting it to him down there.

Nothing could be further from the truth. He has yet to learn how to pivot without taking an extra step. He's good for 3 turnovers a game with this move. And he's done this all season long....especially when he is more than 8 feet out from the basket. If the low-post is a new position to him, someone needs to teach him how to play with back to the basket.

What point are you trying to make? He's playing a new position - being asked to do things he's never done before - and he has to do it against D-1 competition. Nothing comes natural to him at this point, offensively or defensively, so he's going to have more turnovers and fouls than we would like.

His change in weight nor a change in position is a contributing factor to having poor hands.

Nothing could be further from the truth. He has yet to learn how to pivot without taking an extra step. He's good for 3 turnovers a game with this move. And he's done this all season long....especially when he is more than 8 feet out from the basket. If the low-post is a new position to him, someone needs to teach him how to play with back to the basket.

two plays in a row he just schooled his defender in the post, are you watching?

His change in weight nor a change in position is a contributing factor to having poor hands.

Catching passes on the perimeter isn't quite the same thing as catching them in traffic against D1 defenses. He has to learn to play the position and everything that goes along with it.

Back