*****Oklahoma vs. VCU Gameday Thread*****

That's only because ULM isn't even remotely as talented or well coached as VCU.

Haha, I know. And that's why being down this time is much more worrisome. But it appears a light might've gone on for Willie and Tony is really leading out there so this game is far from over. But I just can't get over how poor our defense is...

Tony Crocker is playing like a SR and up to his potential, hallelujah.

Going into the half down down, 44-34, good news is Willie now has 4 points.

Pledger now 0-4.

Yeah, I like TCrock's stat line... 13 points, 2 steals, and he hasn't turned the ball over.

Pledger is going to have games like this... he isn't a one and done type freshman. Pledge is going to have some great nights and some poor ones but I think that was to be expected.

The CAA is a tough league and the team that have beaten VCU in it where up in VCU's face out front and pushing there guards around. OU has to come out get the ball low and play high low and they will be fine....

the only point I'd be worried at would be if we were down by 20 under 10. Otherwise we have the horses to make up any lead.

You hafta blow thru the nerves and adrenaline and get down to the basics of what you've been learning about D and ur sets. Getting a little tired then having some uppperclassman come in and set the example is often a good mix.

W or not this will be a good game for OU in the long run.

My concern at this point is that it looks like we have no chance, athletically, to guard these guys.

Yeah, I like TCrock's stat line... 13 points, 2 steals, and he hasn't turned the ball over.

Pledger is going to have games like this... he isn't a one and done type freshman. Pledge is going to have some great nights and some poor ones but I think that was to be expected.

Pledger isnt playing bad. As a matter of fact, the only guy that is having a horrible game is WW. Team defense is pathetic and they have hit some big shots. Bad news now is the big defensive pressence in back in the game.

the only point I'd be worried at would be if we were down by 20 under 10. Otherwise we have the horses to make up any lead.

You hafta blow thru the nerves and adrenaline and get down to the basics of what you've been learning about D and ur sets. Getting a little tired then having some uppperclassman come in and set the example is often a good mix.

W or not this will be a good game for OU in the long run.

Completely agree. I'm glad we have games like this on the schedule. Our young guys are going to be much better seasoned down the stretch and in the future because of them.

not much about OUs defense was good that half, unconstested 3s, dribble penatration, and not boxing out. Hopefully thats as bad as OU can play

My concern at this point is that it looks like we have no chance, athletically, to guard these guys.
Most of our guys just look lost and confused on defense that and getting hammered on the glass on that end as well.

Pledger isnt playing bad. As a matter of fact, the only guy that is having a horrible game is WW. Team defense is pathetic and they have hit some big shots. Bad news now is the big defensive pressence in back in the game.
Pledger's shot just isn't on today, that and he's missed a free throw. Other wise he looks like the same smart and tough competitor he has been the previous couple games.

Most of our guys just look lost and confused on defense that and getting hammered on the glass on that end as well.

Sam you should already know we are going to get hammered on the glass a lot this season... doesn't mean we have to like it but it is going to happen a lot when you only really have one guy who is a threat on the boards who sees any playing time.

Pledger's shot just isn't on today, that and he's missed a free throw. Other wise he looks like the same smart and tough competitor he has been the previous couple games.

I'm not disagreeing with either of you... just was saying he is going to have nights shooting the ball the way he is doing so tonight. He's a young and talented player but I stress the young part. Nothing wrong with that.

LOL

Where did u see that?

We can easily match up with them if we just settle down on D.

Is it me or is our halfcourt offense attrocious? Willie is a superb athlete and so far has shown he can get to the rack against below average teams, but he looks like he's trying to play streetball and makes terrible decisions. I look at other teams in the halfcourt and they make passes, set picks and have at least some flow. Dont even get me started on our perimeter D. I really thought that with this latest recruiting class our perimeter D would improve. It just doesnt seem like OU plays as hard as most other teams. Maybe this team needs to get blown out, so they will stop reading their press clippings. I love the recruits that Capels bringing in but he needs to bring them together and coach them up. The last game and a half has looked terrible....

Message to OU football and basketball teams: You cannot play all your games at home. Nut up!

LOL

Where did u see that?

We can easily match up with them if we just settle down on D.

We haven't guarded them all night. Open 3's, and open lanes to the basket. They seem MUCH quicker and more athletic than we do.

I thought we rebounded fairly well in that half. Ryan Wright scores if he can catch the thing.

Back