*****Oklahoma vs. VCU Gameday Thread*****

Is it me or is our halfcourt offense attrocious? Willie is a superb athlete and so far has shown he can get to the rack against below average teams, but he looks like he's trying to play streetball and makes terrible decisions. I look at other teams in the halfcourt and they make passes, set picks and have at least some flow. Dont even get me started on our perimeter D. I really thought that with this latest recruiting class our perimeter D would improve. It just doesnt seem like OU plays as hard as most other teams. Maybe this team needs to get blown out, so they will stop reading their press clippings. I love the recruits that Capels bringing in but he needs to bring them together and coach them up. The last game and a half has looked terrible....

Message to OU football and basketball teams: You cannot play all your games at home. Nut up!

There is no one in the gym that plays harder than guys like Crock and Cade.

We haven't guarded them all night. Open 3's, and open lanes to the basket. They seem MUCH quicker and more athletic than we do.

Everyone who pays attention to the other teams on our schedule should have known these guys play a fast paced game and have some very good athletes. I still don't like what is going on but these guys are not push overs and anyone who expected them to be so, especially in Richmond, was off their rocker.

We haven't guarded them all night. Open 3's, and open lanes to the basket. They seem MUCH quicker and more athletic than we do.

Yep, just playing young and dumb right now on the defensive end...

Someone has to have the guts to step up and take a charge, if we dont do that there is no consequence when they drive and they can dictate the game....

In college bball guys are gonna get by you, but to not have any help and have bad rotation after the help is what separates good teams...VCU is doing a good job of clogging the lane when we drive, hints the reason we arent free flowing on offense like they are...

Everyone who pays attention to the other teams on our schedule should have known these guys play a fast paced game and have some very good athletes. I still don't like what is going on but these guys are not push overs and anyone who expected them to be so, especially in Richmond was off their rocker.

They may not be push overs, but they aren't one of the ten, or maybe even 12 or 15 toughest games on our schedule.

Houston, Zona, Zaga, Arkansas, and maybe UTEP will likely all be better.

I warned you guys we weren't "ready". The talent is there, I just worry about the depth and defense.

They may not be push overs, but they aren't one of the ten, or maybe even 12 or 15 toughest games on our schedule.

I warned you guys we weren't "ready". The talent is there, I just worry about the depth and defense.

We need to play smarter as a team. But we need Willie to play better. If Willie scores 8 points a game we are going to be in serious trouble this year. He needs to score at least 18 a game for us to win 22 or more.

Who said this team was ready...i think it has been clear so far that they have a lot of growing to do...defense will improve and we have plenty of depth in the backcourt, i do think we are thin in the frontcourt...

I'm glad Capel scheduled a game like this, win or lose it will go a long way in the maturation of this squad...

I think they could beat Zona, Arkansas , or UTEP all things being equal... certainly not gimme games against VCU in Richmond for any of them either. You're underestimating the team we are playing tonight.

Not at all surprised by what I just saw in this game. Hopefully, this game (and other potentially tougher road games) will help mature this team quickly.

Not how we wanted to start the 2nd half. VCU by 14.

Arkansas 2.0, they want it more right now.

There's some hometown whistles. That looked like a charge.

Firstly, how was that a blocking foul? Secondly, shooting foul? What?

Back