OU 2014 Recruit List per Scout

I'm surprised that OU and OSU have not offered Omega Harris. Anyone know if that's true, or is this another case of Scout dragging their feet in keeping their recruiting information current?

In any event, thanks for posting, Trav!

I'm pretty sure OU has offered Harris. ESPN says they have.

@JonRothstein: Highly coveted 2014 wing Vic Law will visit Harvard this weekend. Colorado and Providence have already offered. Oklahoma also in mix.

OU, has offered OSU has not

Any sense for how his recruitment is going to play out? When he'd like to have a decision? How great he thinks OU and LK are? :)

Good to hear. One would think that may give the Sooners a leg up in signing him.

It does appear that Lon and OU were in early and have been loyal. Hopefully that works in our favor.

OU, Fresno St, Tulsa, Witchita St have offered recruiting Miami, Minnesota, Texas Tech, Iowa, OSU, Kansas. Omega does not say a lot except he wants to play ball where it fits his style the most. On decision he has been very quite on when that might happen.

I have not yet seen Omega Harris play. He is listed as a 6'2" shooting guard. Can someone describe his game? Is he a good 3-point shooter? Slasher? Pure scorer? Quick? Athletic?

How would you describe him as a player? If he remains a OU recruit, I will go watch him next season.

from our friends at OK Hoops:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhbONlqJ9x8"]Omega Harris 2012 Tape[/ame]

Other tapes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBYpvzwx5Zo"]From City League Hoops TV[/ame]

Schönen Dank (Many thanks).

He looks pretty good to me! Looking forward to watching some of his games in the coming season.

Hopefully by the time he gets to Norman (Wink, wink) he'll be closer to 6'4 than 6'1 like he is now.

He looks a little small to be an adequate 2-guard in the Big 12.

Hopefully by the time he gets to Norman (Wink, wink) he'll be closer to 6'4 than 6'1 like he is now.

Omega has put on 10 pounds of straight muscle and is now 6'3. Still growing and loves to be in the weight room as well as the gym. Dr told him his metabolism was extremely high and he was pound for pound. He is an excellent PG as well.

Omega has put on 10 pounds of straight muscle and is now 6'3. Still growing and loves to be in the weight room as well as the gym. Dr told him his metabolism was extremely high and he was pound for pound. He is an excellent PG as well.

I like the sound of that!

Yeah, it's a shame Hollis Price and JR Raymond really struggled throughout their Big 12 careers.

Good job. You've named two exceptions.

Well, just this season:
Brady Heslip, A.J. Walton, Tyrus McGee, Will Spradling, Phil Forte don't meet your criteria to be "an adequate two guard in the Big 12."

But let's just look at All Big 12 teams for the past 3 seasons of players that you feel can't be adequate two guards in the Big 12:
2012:
J'Covan Brown (1st Team)
Marcus Denmon (1st Team)
Keiton Page (2nd Team)
2011:
Marcus Denmon (1st Team)
Lance Jeter (3rd Team)
2010:
Denis Clemente (2nd Team)
Avery Bradley (All-Rookie Team)

And those were just players good enough to be considered to be in the top 15 in the conference. Far above your desire for adequacy. So either have Big 12 season for the past 4 years has been an outlier to your claim or you're just wrong.

Jeter is 6'3 225 and Bradley was a combo guard that played point a lot.

And when I said adequate I meant on defense more than anything, but continue your crusade for small guards if you'd like.

I wasn't really arguing against them, just saying I'd prefer my 2-guard to be taller than 6'2.

Jeter is 6'3 225 and Bradley was a combo guard that played point a lot.

And when I said adequate I meant on defense more than anything, but continue your crusade for small guards if you'd like.

I wasn't really arguing against them, just saying I'd prefer my 2-guard to be taller than 6'2.

No, you weren't stating a preference. You said his size was too small to be an adequate guard. I have counter points. Another counter point: Bradley did not play point a lot. Dogus Balbay handed the large majority of the minutes at the point during Bradley's one year at UT. Also, both Bradley and Balbay were both top notch defenders despite not being 6-4.

Back