OU beats Tulsa

Nice, Tulsa could/should be a NCAA tournament team and after some what of a sloppy start vs British Columbia it is good to see them take care of business vs a quality opponent.

Nice! Tulsa is an experienced team with one of the best bigs in the country. This was a really good test for a young Sooner team....

Tulsa is likely a tournament team and tough opponent with a lottery pick on it's roster. good tune up for the sooner even if they would have lost.

I have always been a huge Ben Uzoh fan as well. Here is TU's roster:

No Name Ht Wt Position Cl-Exp Hometown (Last School)
22 Andrews, Glenn 6-2 195 Guard JR-2L Alexandria, Va. (T. C. Williams HS)
30 Haralson, Scottie 6-4 220 Guard SO-TR Jackson, Miss. (Connecticut)
4 Heirman, Shane 6-1 195 Guard JR-WO McHenry, Ill. (Marquette)
10 Hunter, Barrett 6-1 180 Guard FR-WO McLean, Va. (Langley HS)
15 Hurtt, Justin 6-4 195 Guard JR-2L Raytown, Mo. (Archbishop O'Hara)
11 Idlet, Steven 6-10 240 Forward RS SO-1L Prairie Grove, Ark. (Prairie Grove HS)
23 Jordan, Jerome 7-0 250 Center SR-3L Kingston, Jamaica (Florida Air Academy)
32 Maduka, Kodi 6-10 210 Forward FR-HS Arlington, Texas (Arlington HS)
35 Magley, D.J. 6-9 255 Forward JR-TR Bradenton, Fla. (Western Kentucky)
13 Medder, Donte 6-1 175 Guard FR-HS Phoenix, Ariz. (Mesa HS)
40 Morgan, Colter 6-8 210 Forward SO-WO Big Spring, Texas (Coahoma)
2 Pope, Bryson 6-6 210 Guard/Forward FR-HS Jenks, Okla. (Jenks HS)
33 Richard, Joe 6-7 235 Forward SO-1L San Bernardino, Calif. (Arroyo Valley)
14 Sanger, Will 6-3 185 Guard SR-WO Seattle, Wash. (Bear Creek)
1 Uzoh, Ben 6-3 205 Guard SR-3L San Antonio, Texas (Warren HS)
12 Wheatley, Bishop 6-6 225 Forward SR-3L Cedar Hill, Texas (Cedar Hill HS)

They have the makings of a Tulsa upset-minded team of old. OSU has to to the Reynold's center this year, and I bet TU gives them a game.

Willie had around 25
TMG had around 10
Pledger had around 12
Drew had around 14
Tiny had around 8
Tony had like 8
Cade had about 10

Willie had around 25
TMG had around 10
Pledger had around 12
Drew had around 14
Tiny had around 8
Tony had like 8
Cade had about 10

Thanks OUguy! Really appreciate the info. Looks like the Freshmen did their thing again.

Thanks OUguy! Really appreciate the info. Looks like the Freshmen did their thing again.

yeah, big up OUguy. let me know if Big O played or how Ray Willis did?

BT check your PM.

Thanks for sharing, ouguy11.

Not that it matters since there weren't any fans there, but was the scrimmage in Norman or Tulsa?

I heard the we were behind 78 -79, and Pledger hit back to back 3's to break it open...and we never looked back :pledge

Last edited by a moderator:
It's crazy that TU only has one kid from Oklahoma. WW is a monster.

I heard the we were behind 78 -79, and Pledger hit back to back 3's to break it open...and we never looked back: pledger

Now, that's what I call Clutch!

I love this team. That's two games in a row with balanced scoring to about seven deep. Tulsa is definitely one of those quality opponents everyone was talking about earlier. Great win for the Sooners!

Thanks, OUGuy11! You da man!!!

I'm a tad concerned we gave up that many points to Tulsa.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Tulsa is a legit team and it was a scrimmage so the refs most likely kept it fairly loose as to let the players play. And we don't have a legit inside defensive presence really, so we'll probably give up more points this year I would expect.

Given Tulsa being known for more of a defensive team under Wojcik I'm actually more impressed with OU dropping almost 90 on them.

Back