>>>>>>>OU-Dayton Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-Dayton Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

We better hope Dayton runs out of gas..

Too many careless mistakes

Offense has become stagnant and only looking for open threes now, which I feared.
Get the ball inside. And spend halftime teaching the team how to make layups.

Then the open shots will return.

The big problem is our offense. They're mostly get their points in transition.

Not even getting good shots now

Spangler hasn't been playing well for a few weeks now. Especially on offense.

They went from sharp to sloppy and I can't even see a way to credit it to Dayton.

I don't think he was mismanaged. He had some really bad stretches this year. He's at his most useful against undersized teams because his length can really affect the game. Against big teams, he doesn't have the strength to do much on either end.

He absolutely had a couple bad Games.. but you don't DNP him 4 games in a row. Twice!

The big problem is our offense. They're mostly get their points in transition.

exactly. 7 turnovers that has lead to many of their baskets. Not scoring for 4+ minutes also doesn't help

Spangs is the one killing us on D assignments

I never would have thought that I would feel like Spangler is playing lazy, but he is on D for sure. If he and Cousins get back into a groove, we should open the lead up again. I think they will.

Cousins is always in the middle of every blow up this team has. We're up around 9-10, things are going well, then he misses a wide open Bennett and lets his defender tip the pass away, and Dayton hits a three. Another silly turnover, another easy Dayton basket. He has 3 of our 7 turnovers so far. TAKE CARE OF THE BALL COUSINS!!!!!

D is not good and back to the outside 2 man game on O.

Good news is that we still lead and know we can adjust.

This is just who we are.

How can a team with only 7 players and played 6 games in ten days but twice as fast ???

I never would have thought that I would feel like Spangler is playing lazy, but he is on D for sure. If he and Cousins get back into a groove, we should open the lead up again. I think they will.

Spangs i think doesn't realize he's being lazy... hes been like that a majority of the year

We let the crowd back in the game. Dang it.

It's time for the Big 12 player of the year to pick this offense up and play like a big time player.

I definitely agree about SPangler as well as Cousins. They need to just sit the bench. We'd be better off with them taking fewer minutes.

Back