-Baylor
-Missouri
-Texas Tech
-Texas A&M
-Maryland Eastern-Shore
-Iowa State
-Colorado or Nebraska
-UTEP

I could only come up with 10 games I feel pretty good about, mostly at home. I don't feel good about any of the road games in the south, the trip to Gonzaga, or the Kansas State game at home.

OU is going to need to beat K-State at home and take another 2 games on the road to get to 20. Or win a few in the Big 12 Tournament.

Thoughts?

N col
utep
MES
OSU
Mizzou
ISU
@ neb
tech
@ col
ksu
Baylor
a&m

that's 12. Need to win at tech or at a&m for 13.

I wouldn't for a moment assume we couldn't win in College Station or Stillwater. I'm not guaranteeing victories there, but I wouldn't be surprised.

We're 2-2 at A&M over the past four seasons and 3-1 at GIA.

I really do believe the road games at Tech, OSU and A&M are toss-ups and could go either way. The silver lining for our guys is if they do get a bid, they would have had to really earn it, which is something to be proud of. Probably not the most important thing right now, but having the freshmen go into hostile environments with a lot at stake can only do wonders for this program. These guys are really going to have to buckle down and eek out some wins on the road.

N col
utep
MES
OSU
Mizzou
ISU
@ neb
tech
@ col
ksu
Baylor
a&m

that's 12. Need to win at tech or at a&m for 13.

-In 2008 OU lost at Colorado and at Nebraska
-In 2006 OU lost at Colorado and at Nebraska
-In 2004 OU lost at Colorado and won at Nebraska
-In 2002 OU won at Colorado and at Nebraska
-In 2000 OU lost at Colorado and won at Nebraska
-In 1998 OU won at Colorado and lost at Nebraska

OU pretty much never wins both of those games. The one year they did it was with Sampsons best team at Oklahoma, which went 31-5 and was possibly the best team in the country that year.

We'll see. Not sure what the pointof this thread is if you're just going to argue with anyone that selects 13 games they think we can win. Am I guaranteeing we will? No. I'm just plotting out what I feel is the most likely path.

We'll see. Not sure what the pointof this thread is if you're just going to argue with anyone that selects 13 games they think we can win. Am I guaranteeing we will? No. I'm just plotting out what I feel is the most likely path.

I didn't argue, I just posted some historical perspective about those two particular games.. If you think they will win both for the second time since the Big 12 was formed that is fine, its your prediction.

Well it's certainly notout of the realm of possibility for us to lose one or both of those games. But if we do we are going to have to make it up by winning games like Texas in Norman, or at osu, a&m and/or tech.

This is hard to do because our young team is still evolving. This team still hasn't played it's best basketball. I still have hope that Ryan, Orlando, or Fitz are about to have the light bulb come on. After that happens. I might be able to answer your question. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I wouldn't for a moment assume we couldn't win in College Station or Stillwater. I'm not guaranteeing victories there, but I wouldn't be surprised.

We're 2-2 at A&M over the past four seasons and 3-1 at GIA.

I agree and I also would not assume OU cannot beat Texas in Norman, Baylor in Waco or Tech in Lubbock.

We'll win a couple games we aren't supposed to. Unfortunately, we might lose a couple we are supposed to.

Back