OU needs to go out and get Antione Lundy and Ricardo Ratliffe

thebigabd

Reaction score
With Wright graduating that leaves OU with Gallon and Fitz in the paint for next year, I think it could do OU some good to go out and get some older guys for the paint next year. Sure, try and sign another superstar but OU could take two juco big guys for next year...

OU needs to go out this year and get Antione Lundy (Neosho Community College) and Ricardo Ratliffe (Central Florida Community College) out of juco for next year....

An article on Ratliffe (the #1 juco for 2010) says that OU is recruiting him, but I think Capel needs to put the full court press on this guy.. He averaged 26 points and 11 rebounds last year as a juco freshman.. He is being recruited by a lot of schools (obviously) but Capel should work his magic to get the best juco in the country to Norman.

Antione Lundy is a 6'8'' 230 post out of Neosho County in Kansas....Through 6 games this year he is averaging 17.2 points and 12.6 rebounds per game. He leads their league in defensive rebounding and is second in the league in offensive rebounding. He is also 10-19 from the 3pt line from the power forward spot. I have no idea if OU is recruiting him, but he is in the area and im sure the staff knows about him.

Any chance to get those guys in this year? Tiny could use some help down there.

Ratliffe seems like a good player to me.

The tough thing with JUCOs revolves around grades and character. Its become more of a crapshoot than it used to be. After all, there is a reason that they had to go to JUCO....

The tough thing with JUCOs revolves around grades and character. Its become more of a crapshoot than it used to be. After all, there is a reason that they had to go to JUCO....

They find their way to D-1 schools, its not that much of a crapshoot... With the way Capel recruits I have to imagine he could get these top juco guys if he recruited them, and OU will need them next year. Right now OU has two post players for next season, I don't understand why he isnt throwing everything and the kitchen sink at these guys early.

I agree we need some big bodies....even if we get jones we still need big bodies....jones is like more of a point forward I believe....I believe we need to get atleast two guys that canbang with the big boys to give us 4 good options at the center next year and see how things play out....

Our guards seem to be in good shape with the current talent and the talent coming in...I am just crossing my fingers for atleast one big body

He's from Va. and played with Pledger

I agree OU needs some bigs. Fitzgerald will be a solid player but I don't think he's ever a starter on a very good team. He's undersized with limited athletic ability. That's the reason he wasn't ranked very high because the rankings out of high school are projecting you to college. He's a great glue guy but I don't believe a starter type on a team in the FF4 hunt. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree OU needs some bigs. Fitzgerald will be a solid player but I don't think he's ever a starter on a very good team. He's undersized with limited athletic ability. That's the reason he wasn't ranked very high because the rankings out of high school are projecting you to college. He's a great glue guy but I don't believe a starter type on a team in the FF4 hunt. I hope I'm wrong.

OU needs some big guys for next year who can play right away, BADLY.

OU needs some big guys for next year who can play right away, BADLY.

I don't know if that's the answer. OU needs a shot blocker and a versatyle 4 that can move good enough to stick with a small forward and good enough to defend a post player. With a juco guy, they will need minutes. A juco guy aint comin anywhere to ride the bench. Fitz and Gallon will get their minutes. If OU gets a Terrence Jones, a juco guy isn't getting any minutes. Also, there is still progression behind losing jones as far as recruits are concerned. Horford has been a name. I don't think we get him because I think Florida either has or may offer. I really like Elijah Pittman. He must have some eligiblity issues, because he is good and no one is really recruiting this kid.

http://www.kentuckysportsnetwork.com/video/video/show?id=2148737:Video:58671

You can recruit a Juco kid in a month. They are in no rush to commit. Isaiah got his job and signed 3 of the best Juco kids in the nation in two weeks.

http://www.kypost.com/content/sport...se-Past-Crusaders/9LXnB-98tUGC8SRA9dooOg.cspx

One fact that both me and ABD and anyone who covets a recruit not being pursued by OU is that we don't know what the coaches have evaluated and what conclusion they have come to. Alot of times I wonder why is OU not recruiting this guy or that guy and the fact is because that guy might have some issues that make going to OU a very hard possibility. The Pittman guy I linked is really talented and is probably a top 150 recruit. I suspect he'll reclassify or something. There might be some issues. Ratcliffe and Lundy might have those issues. I liked Erick Frederick. He was an Oklahoma kid and he has been a dynamic player everywhere he has been. I wanted him out of High School, Prep school, and Juco. The coaches decided not to recruit him. I like Dominique Raney and Terrence Boyd. Coaches have went down routes like Maze, Clark, Patillo and Early. All those guys could play, but they weren't a good fit.

I think we progress off Jones and Lamb, then pursue Horford and down the line.

Also, it's not Lundy and Ratcliffe, it's Udoh, Orton, Keith Clark, Chris Early, Kyle Hardrick, etc. Lundy and Ratcliffe aren't going to help this year. And in fairness, I don't think our bigmen were the problem yesterday.

And in fairness, I don't think our bigmen were the problem yesterday.

Really? Andrew Fitzgerald had 2 points and 0 rebounds, and Ryan Wright had 4 points...

The big guys were a huge problem.... They cant defend the rim, two of three that play cant do anything out there right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Andrew Fitzgerald had 2 points and 0 rebounds, and Ryan Wright had 4 points...

The big guys were a huge problem.... They cant defend the rim, two of three that play cant do anything out there right now.

Our big men did a good job on Sanders. If you look at the points that he got, the majority of them were a result of the defense stepping up to cover a guard. Our perimeter defense lost us that game. We gave up open three's early and we couldn't keep the guards and Joey Rodriguez in front of us. If they were a better shooting team, they probably could have hit another 4 three point shots.

OU outrebounded VCU 36-34. Larry Sanders had 2 rebounds. Tiny was 11 to 2 versus a lottery pick. Also, VCU hit shots that don't normally go in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our big men did a good job on Sanders. If you look at the points that he got, the majority of them were a result of the defense stepping up to cover a guard. Our perimeter defense lost us that game. We gave up open three's early and we couldn't keep the guards and Joey Rodriguez in front of us. If they were a better shooting team, they probably could have hit another 4 three point shots.

OU outrebounded VCU 36-34. Larry Sanders had 2 rebounds. Tiny was 11 to 2 versus a lottery pick. Also, VCU hit shots that don't normally go in.

this

None of that makes up for OU having one post player capable of scoring more than 4 points in a game. Its thin, real thin.

None of that makes up for OU having one post player capable of scoring more than 4 points in a game. Its thin, real thin.

You lost me with this one. So you think being able to score 4 points a game is validation of how good a player is? I'm sure Taylor Griffin has always had great scoring games. That's why he's in the NBA. We're fine at the post. Fitz got one pass in the post to him an he scored with it. He was one for one. I have no problem with our post play right now. Better than I personally anticipated because I didn't think Tony Crocker would be able to do things at the 4. Well he did to the tune of 19pts and 6rbs. I'm sure if Marvin Gilstrap and Shane Dirks Turks had 19pts and 6rbs you would be here letting us know. Matter of fact, Shane Turks is averaging 2pts and 1rb. Are you ready to deem him the same fate you deemed Fitz.

I think the five man rotation using Fitz, Wright, Gallon, and going 4 guards with Crocker and Davis is very food. Willis was used also some. Wright is playing decent basketball.

How many years could Ratliffe play? He is rated a 5 star by the users so that may be a sign he is good. Now the one person who voted Lundy a 5 star is probably abd.

Please just give me a Johnny Gilbert type player. A rebounder, hustler, scrappy D guy that can hit a 12' if he really need to. One problem I'm seeing with this team is that its either a 3 attempt or its I'm going to try to get to the rim. Is there nobody on the team that can score in the 8-15' range? I've seen Tiny do it in his clips, but they just have him parked low. I'd like to see Tiny bring a guy out of the paint and let Pledge or WW take that space and go for the O board. Also, it seems when a team is getting out and pushing the tempo, one way to slow them down would be to start crashing the boards. A lot of our shots were taken early in the clock and there wasn't anybody down low to even attempt a board.

Back