OU: Nine (9) Games in January

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
11-1 so far. Wow! The new year is coming and January brings us 9 games.

• 5 Home Games
  • 3 Saturday Afternoon Home Games
  • 1 Big Monday Home Game

Wed .. Jan. 2: at Kansas, 8 p.m.
Sat ... Jan. 5: Oklahoma State, 1 p.m.
Tues .. Jan. 8: at Texas Tech, 8 p.m.
Sat ... Jan. 12: TCU, 1 p.m.
Wed .. Jan. 16: Kansas State, 6 p.m.
Sat ... Jan. 19: at Texas, TBA
Wed .. Jan. 23: at Oklahoma State, 8 p.m.
Sat ... Jan. 26: Vanderbilt, 3 p.m.
Mon .. Jan. 28: Baylor, 8 p.m.

Opportunity: Happy New Year for local fans. There are lots of chances to go to the LNC to cheer on this tough, talented, hard working team.

Boomer Sooner!

thats a nice handy page there trav !

thats a nice handy page there trav !

Thanks cool. I am hopeful for good support for the team. This bunch is deserving. When the home crowd is better, you can just see the joy in the players faces when they take the floor and look up to the crowd.

Tickets are plentiful and prices are reasonable.

Men's Basketball Single Game Tickets
https://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/nco...SG&linkID=ou&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Good Deals on StubHub
https://www.stubhub.com/oklahoma-sooners-basketball-tickets/performer/9790/

We play on the road against the Top 2 teams in the league in 2 of our first 3 games! Our record may not start off to well, but at least we get those games out of the way early!

I see the floor at 4-5 and the ceiling at 8-1. I'll be happy if this team looks stronger at the end of January than it does now.

4/5 to 7/2...maybe 8/1

I like we have been challenged and have responded well. Hopefully they keep that fighters mentality.

4 teams, osu (twice), ut, bu, tcu (plus vandy?) that are below us in ranking...some way down... 3 that are above or right there...ku/tt/ksu.

Hence my "prediction"..

Last edited:
Really hoping for 6-3 and it is doable. Win at home and go 1-3 on road. But 7-2 is also possible.

5-4 is not the end of the world but worse will be disappointing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really hoping for 6-3 and it is doable. Win at home and go 1-3 on road. But 7-2 is also possible.

5-4 is not the end of the world but worse will be disappointing to me.

Dang it, opsooner. You stole my CYA prediction strategy! ;)

Dang it, opsooner. You stole my CYA prediction strategy! ;)

Ah, predictions aren’t worth anything without some money behind them. So I will just go with what I hope happens. I used the same strategy in the prior 5 prediction thread and it worked out well. I didn’t say we would go 5-0 but I said we should go 5-0.

Based on our performance thus far, the bar has been raised to a degree:
4-5....very disappointing
5-4....meh, but can live with it.
6-3....good result
7-2....great result
8-1....we are a final 4 contender

I find it interesting that within this 9 game stretch, we play our two toughest games (@KU, @Tech) and likely our two easiest games (OSU and Baylor at home).

If we can go 6-3, that would be huge.

Agree. Obviously you want to win every game you play, but at Lawrence has been a guaranteeed loss for a quarter century and we will be huge underdogs there next week. Going 6-2 in the remaining games would be impressive, but I won't complain if the team decides to be greedy and shoot for better!

4-5....very disappointing
5-4....meh, but can live with it.
6-3....good result
7-2....great result
8-1....we are a final 4 contender
What's 9-0? Seek religion? Rivers turning to blood?

Back