>>>>>>>>>>OU-TCU Game Thread<<<<<<<<<<

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
>>>>>>>>>>OU-TCU Game Thread<<<<<<<<<<

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209878198

QUICK PREVIEW
No. 21/21 Oklahoma (15-7, 6-4) tries for its fourth straight win when it travels to face TCU (14-8, 1-8) on Saturday at 2 p.m. CT. The game will be played at the off-campus Wilkerson-Greines Activity Center as TCU renovates Daniel-Meyer Coliseum this season. The Sooners, who have won their last three games over Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and No. 15/12 West Virginia by an average of 24.0 points, are 5-6 away from Norman this year. The Horned Frogs went 13-0 in non-conference play (earned a No. 25 ranking in the Dec. 22 AP Poll) but are 1-8 since. Four of their league losses have come by five points or fewer or in overtime. They are 10-4 at home.

ON THE AIR
Saturday's game will air on the Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM "The Franchise" in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa) with Toby Rowland and Mike Houck announcing. It will be televised by ESPNEWS with Brad Sham and Rich Zvosec calling the action.

THE SERIES
Oklahoma owns a 14-2 all-time record against TCU and is 6-1 in Fort Worth. The Sooners have won six of the last seven meetings, including a 97-67 contest in Fort Worth in last year's regular season finale that marked OU's most points in a conference game since 2005. Buddy Hield (5 for 8 from 3-point range) paced OU with 24 points while Isaiah Cousins and Cameron Clark scored 18 apiece. The Sooners also posted a 77-69 home win over the Horned Frogs last year (Hield scored a team-high 16).

PREVIEWING TCU
Picked by Big 12 coaches to finish ninth in the 10-team league, TCU won all 13 of its non-conference games but is in last place in league play with a 1-8 record (lone win was a 62-42 decision at Texas Tech on Jan. 17). The Horned Frogs, who rank eighth nationally with their .373 field goal percentage defense, have dropped several narrow outcomes in Big 12 play (58-53 at Kansas State, 66-59 in overtime vs. Baylor, 86-85 in overtime at West Virginia and 64-61 vs. Kansas). They are 10-4 at home (0-4 in Big 12 games). In conference play, TCU is averaging 62.0 points per game (ranks seventh in the league) on .391 field goal shooting (ninth), .261 3-point shooting (last) and .566 free throw shooting (last). They allow opponents to shoot .417 from the floor (fifth) and just .305 from long distance (first).

Senior point guard Kyan Anderson is the lone Horned Frog who averages double figures in scoring. Anderson is averaging 13.4 points a game on .410 field goal, .318 3-point and a Big 12-best .880 free throw shooting. He has made a team-high 35 3-pointers and ranks sixth in the league in both assists (4.0) and steals (1.6) per game. Senior guard Trey Zeigler, who played two years at Central Michigan and one at Pitt, is a first-year Horned Frog who ranks second on the squad with his 9.2 points and 2.2 assists per contest. Zeigler is shooting .457 from the field but has not made a 3-pointer in six attempts. Sophomore forward Kenrich Williams averages 8.6 points and a team-high 6.7 rebounds in just 25.0 minutes a contest. He is shooting .511 from the floor. Senior forward Amric Fields, a high school classmate of former Sooner Tyler Neal at Putnam City West High School in Oklahoma City, contributes 6.9 points in 16.0 minutes a game with the help of a team-high .590 field goal shooting.

Trent Johnson is in his third year as TCU's head coach and owns a 34-51 record. He is in his 16th year overall (also coached at Nevada, Stanford and LSU) and owns a 260-236 mark.

Re: OU-TCU Pregame Notes | SoonerSports.com

To me this is a must win if OU wants to get a good seed. I hope the guys stay focused and beat the Hornfrogs. There is not such thing as an easy road win in this conference.

OU is 4.5pt favorites!

Re: >>>>>>>>>>OU-TCU Game Thread<<<<<<<<<<

I hate when ESPN does this. They need to allow a little more time per game

Stuck watching the end of Temple/Memphis ... this better not go into overtime

Very sloppy start

come on temple and memphis

How did I post on the wrong thread, lol

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Ballgame! Now switch!

Defense has been great at least

Timeout TCU at 16:38

OU up 6-0

OU D has been good but sloppy on offense

thought the game was sold out?

7-0 media time out.

7-0 at under 16

I think I'd give Ft Worth a new neutral or purple court for playing the games there. Orange is ugly

With the empty seats and the neutral court this game feels like I'm watching a first round NCAA tourney game
minus the buffalo wings!

I don't think he was making that goal tend.

With the empty seats and the neutral court this game feels like I'm watching a first round NCAA tourney game
minus the buffalo wings!

Yes, it does have that feel to it.

Back