>>>>>OU-Texas Gameday Thread<<<<<

I do think we have some young talent in the post. I'm not expecting a back to basket scorer, we are how we are. Our posts guys are junk scorers...re-bounders and defenders. The offense does not go through them.

They all have issues.

I'd like to see guys get some rotations. I know at this level it isn't equal opportunity, but even 3-4 minutes every now and then. Keep Spangler and Lattin fresher and give the young guys some time.

Lattin is only averaging 22.2 minutes/game. Pretty safe to assume he is fine.

Spangler is at 33.3 minutes/game.

That was not only a good call, it happened right in front of the official. Taylor uses his off arm to push off a lot. He just finally got caught, and it couldn't have happened at a better time for OU.
Mason, the point guard for KU, does the same thing all the time, and rarely is it called. I think he was called for it once in last years KU game in Norman.

Did they mention Smart's behavior on the broadcast? Not sure I have someone be as demonstrative as he was toward the end of the game and not get a technical.

Yes. They said that's as animated as they have ever seen him late in a game. They didn't mention if he was in danger of getting a T or anything like that from what I remember.

Yes. They said that's as animated as they have ever seen him late in a game. They didn't mention if he was in danger of getting a T or anything like that from what I remember.

he was close during a timeout late, but the assistants stepped in and defused the situation

I think, when he was at most demonstrative, he was addressing/pumping up his players, not ragging on the officials. Whether he included any digs at the officials in what he was shouting, I couldn't say. I thought it was oddly over the top, like a Travis Ford move. I mean, I'd rather my coach keep his head a bit more and talk strategy rather play cheerleader, but there are many different approaches that can work, I suppose.

No, he was all over 1 official especially after the late charge call. He even yelled at the official after the final whistle what looked like 'this is on you'.

No, he was all over 1 official especially after the late charge call. He even yelled at the official after the final whistle what looked like 'this is on you'.

The funny thing is that UT coaches, players, and in particular fans keep forgetting (or fail to realize) that Taylor missed the shot and Buddy was right there to snag the rebound. No way Buford could be called for a foul on that. The best Texas gets is a play on.

Back