>>>>>OU-Texas Gameday Thread<<<<<

We played like crap and still beat our rival, ranked, really tending well, tejas

Who doesnt? That's why the stereotype makes no sense

Yes, that's why it's not a stereotype, it's what Buddy told them he likes. This is what we call hyper-race-sensitivity. lol

Anyway, I'm enjoying the win and Fran's politically incorrect comments.

Does anyone think that we'll have our hands full in Austin?

Wow, whatta game, whatta relief to notch a W!

lol buford sold it...but yes a foul. IF he played straight up it would have been called on OU...

this is what I said as the call happened....

and no, it would have been called on OU IF he played straight up D...he sold it, sold it well...which is fine...we deserved about 3 calls that were blown..

Good point, MPS. I was thinking the same thing. Was definitely a pushoff, but Buford sold it to cinch the call.

That was not only a good call, it happened right in front of the official. Taylor uses his off arm to push off a lot. He just finally got caught, and it couldn't have happened at a better time for OU.

I didn't get to see the KSU game but based on what I read, we needed to drive the ball more. We appeared to have learned from that experience. We'll probably need to do that more and more as the season wears on.

I didn't get to see the KSU game but based on what I read, we needed to drive the ball more. We appeared to have learned from that experience. We'll probably need to do that more and more as the season wears on.

Agreed. Teams are game planning to stop Buddy from shooting the three. He did the right thing by driving to score and drawing fouls in tonight's game. That also set him up for a pull-up three to hit the game winner. UT was expecting him to drive to the hole again.

this is what I said as the call happened....

and no, it would have been called on OU IF he played straight up D...he sold it, sold it well...which is fine...we deserved about 3 calls that were blown..

All that said, I hope we have this same group of officials in Morgantown. We'll be in double bonus halfway through each half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't matter if it was a foul or not. He missed the shot and he wasn't getting the rebound.

Did they mention Smart's behavior on the broadcast? Not sure I have someone be as demonstrative as he was toward the end of the game and not get a technical.

but but but....everyone said we don't need that...lol.

there is a reason that NO TEAM has ever shot over 45% from 3's for the season.

I love my sooners, but reality is we do not have any off post presence and that will hurt.

You and I were both saying OU has to score in the post. That's when coachtalk and a few others thought we were crazy. Someone even posted Spangler scored a bunch of points (he was shooting 3's). We may be the smartest people on this board :).

You and I were both saying OU has to score in the post. That's when coachtalk and a few others thought we were crazy. Someone even posted Spangler scored a bunch of points (he was shooting 3's). We may be the smartest people on this board :).

Of course Id like a 20-10 guy in the post, but its not there. Our bigs are getting better and better. It takes time.

Of course Id like a 20-10 guy in the post, but its not there. Our bigs are getting better and better. It takes time.

I know, I will say I do like Jamuni getting some valuable playing time. I just wish they were further along. Kevin Bookout would probably love to be on this team.

There were a couple of times that Spangler had Taylor on him down low and he didn't demand the ball. One set in particular he posted up and put his hand up and Woodard didn't pass to him (likely due to the angle) and it quickly went to Cousins on the side, which should have allowed an easy entry into Spangler but Spangler left his position and went to the baseline and stood there. Made no sense when he had Texas' smallest player (and worst defender) on him.

I know, I will say I do like Jamuni getting some valuable playing time. I just wish they were further along. Kevin Bookout would probably love to be on this team.

Not yet imo. Next year maybe.

I do think we have some young talent in the post. I'm not expecting a back to basket scorer, we are how we are. Our posts guys are junk scorers...re-bounders and defenders. The offense does not go through them.

They all have issues.

I'd like to see guys get some rotations. I know at this level it isn't equal opportunity, but even 3-4 minutes every now and then. Keep Spangler and Lattin fresher and give the young guys some time.

Back