OU vs #2 Alabama 1pm CST on ESPN

espn+ is a separate subscription and well worth it

I’m rewatching it on ESPN play right now. Tanner was so good in this game, especially in the first half. Jalen bill has to shoot more the rest of the season. The crowd was loud in person, but on TV it seems 10x louder.

Rewatching the game and Hill absolutely dominated Miller, the probable 2nd pick in the draft.

Rewatching the game and Hill absolutely dominated Miller, the probable 2nd pick in the draft.

As good as Sherfield was, my player of the game was Hill. Complete and thorough ass kicking on both sides of the court against the most talented player we will face all year.

As good as Sherfield was, my player of the game was Hill. Complete and thorough ass kicking on both sides of the court against the most talented player we will face all year.

Couldn’t agree more. Grant was fabulous and tanner was the best he has been in a while, but Hill was the best player on the floor yesterday.

Couldn’t agree more. Grant was fabulous and tanner was the best he has been in a while, but Hill was the best player on the floor yesterday.

This was the Tanner I was hoping we were getting all year. Hopefully this is the beginning of a good run for him.

Anyone else think the OSU game may be the most important game in a long time (I do).

I think if we beat OSU, and play well, the confidence and positivity could carry us through to a good second half of conference play.

I think the addition of Oweh to the rotation has helped. Nothing against Jacob, but I think we are at our best when Oweh is in the game. I see Jacob as a failed experiment on the outside. I hope Moser moves him to the post, and gives him time along with Tanner and Sam in the middle. I could see he and Sam giving us a decent "5" tandem next year.

I think our best lineup is Hill, Oweh, Grant, Milos and Tanner/Sam sharing minutes. Off the bench for me would be Jacob (at the 5), Noland and Bijon outside. Then, I would give Joe bam some minutes every game.

Anyway, loved the game and environment. I was shocked we shot the ball as well as we did. Alabama is crazy long and athletic. What a bunch of athletes.

Also, I am starting to think Bennie might have a future here.

Agree. Huge game!

I dont mind token start for jacob. if he can keep up and make a shot... he can play..

if not. CJ and Otega are the way to go.

Agree. Huge game!

I dont mind token start for jacob. if he can keep up and make a shot... he can play..

if not. CJ and Otega are the way to go.

We have lost so many close games. Every point and possession is critical because, the last two games notwithstanding, our games usually go down to the wire. I don't think we can afford to give anyone token starts. If Jacob is our best option, he should start, otherwise, he should come off the bench. I think our best bet would be to go with matchups depending on the opponent.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1620093899103678464[/TWEET]

I'm so mad man, lol. I was going to make the drive from Tulsa to Norman and got lazy. I can't believe I missed the game (in person).

From Moser's post-game comments - “Jalen had 26, but the first thing we should be talking about is that kid needs to be on the watch list for the national defensive player of the year. If he’s not on the watch list for National Defensive Player of the Year, people aren’t watching. This kid is unbelievable defensively. …he’s guarding lottery picks and he is resilient and he’s playing a lot of minutes. For him to have that defensive performance and 26 points as well, I mean what a performance by Jalen.”

We have lost so many close games. Every point and possession is critical because, the last two games notwithstanding, our games usually go down to the wire. I don't think we can afford to give anyone token starts. If Jacob is our best option, he should start, otherwise, he should come off the bench. I think our best bet would be to go with matchups depending on the opponent.

I probably worded that wrong.

He can help rebound and make a shot. But lately he cant defend well enough.
that concerns me the most. Maybe CJ likes it better off the bench. Otega ready to start? idk...

Agree best matchups.

I probably worded that wrong.

He can help rebound and make a shot. But lately he cant defend well enough.
that concerns me the most. Maybe CJ likes it better off the bench. Otega ready to start? idk...

Agree best matchups.

Yeah, I also wonder if Oweh is quite ready to start. I love his defense and energy. But in an expanded role, teams could exploit his weaknesses (ball handling and outside shooting) a bit more. If I were Moser, I would just ride the hot hand in any given game, and if none of them are hot/playing well, just mix and match as best you can. It is nice to have Oweh as an option after he was a nonfactor for a couple months.

Has Otega arrived in Norman and forgotten how to shoot? I could have sworn I saw highlights where he was hitting 3s, midrange, etc in addition to his sick athletic ability and defense. After all, he was like a top 50 or 75 guy in the country last year.

BTW, does anyone know if Oweh can shoot from the outside? I haven't seen him try a shot yet. If not, then this could explain CJ and Jacob starting ahead of him. Love his downhill aggression but this may because he doesn't trust his jumper.

I trust Moser, who knows more about basketball and sees these kids everyday to determine the best lineup and rotation. My opinions on here are not meant to complain about his decisions just to state what my opinions are based upon what I have seen in a small sample size.

Whether starting or just in the rotation, I like what I see from Oweh but understand that he is just a freshman and it is all relative. Looks like he will be a good player in the future.

Has Otega arrived in Norman and forgotten how to shoot? I could have sworn I saw highlights where he was hitting 3s, midrange, etc in addition to his sick athletic ability and defense. After all, he was like a top 50 or 75 guy in the country last year.

I don't know if I will be able to find it, but I recently saw a stat that mentioned how many 3s he hit his senior year and it was a shockingly low number for a guard. So low that I at first wondered if it was a typo.

high school shooting doesn't always translate for whatever reason.
Remember Odomes? I always thought he would find his shot as I recall him being a good highschool shooter. Never happened

EDIT: I went and checked the stats and was surprised he actually shot a high percentage his final 2 years however he only attempted like 16 a season

I don't know if I will be able to find it, but I recently saw a stat that mentioned how many 3s he hit his senior year and it was a shockingly low number for a guard. So low that I at first wondered if it was a typo.

You may be right, but that would be strange. Moser said like the first thing he looks at in a recruit is shooting ability, especially at guard. I was very excited about Moser landing him and remember watching lots of his highlights a year ago. I realize highlights are just that, but I could have sworn he was hitting from the outside. Maybe those highlights were all the outside shots he ever hit in games? HA. I mean, his FTs look a little low and different, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a good stroke. That being said so far i don't think i've seen him attempt anything further than a layup in a game as of yet.

You may be right, but that would be strange. Moser said like the first thing he looks at in a recruit is shooting ability, especially at guard. I was very excited about Moser landing him and remember watching lots of his highlights a year ago. I realize highlights are just that, but I could have sworn he was hitting from the outside. Maybe those highlights were all the outside shots he ever hit in games? HA. I mean, his FTs look a little low and different, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a good stroke. That being said so far i don't think i've seen him attempt anything further than a layup in a game as of yet.

https://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/otega-oweh/boysbasketball/season/2021-2022

Yikes. Maybe he was just so athletic he could get to the rim at will, but that's a crazy low number.

https://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/otega-oweh/boysbasketball/season/2021-2022

Yikes. Maybe he was just so athletic he could get to the rim at will, but that's a crazy low number.

Looks like the stats are incomplete. Based on the total points scored, he should have made a lot more FG, 3s, and FTs.

Either way, I recall Oweh was seen as the best athlete but worst shooter of the 3 freshmen. The films certainly supports this, as well. Hopefully he develops his outside shot and handles (like agbaji did for ku), because he has NBA athleticism.

Back