OU vs #2 Alabama 1pm CST on ESPN

There are also a lot of people who mistake honest and fair criticism for negativity. It’s ok for people to state the obvious when the team is coaching and playing poorly. Just like it’s ok for people to be pumped up when the team plays well.

People who make 'honest and fair criticism' also offer praise and congratulations when it's due. The people who disappear when the praise and congratulations are due are the ones the OP was talking about.

People who make 'honest and fair criticism' also offer praise and congratulations when it's due. The people who disappear when the praise and congratulations are due are the ones the OP was talking about.

I agree with that. I have certainly been negative the last couple seasons but I try to always show up win or lose, and I’m happy to give the team props when they do well. I’d love for today to be the start of a turnaround of our season.

I agree with that. I have certainly been negative the last couple seasons but I try to always show up win or lose, and I’m happy to give the team props when they do well. I’d love for today to be the start of a turnaround of our season.

U r a real 1, Wichita! I’ve gone to battle w you plenty of times against the Lon haters.

I certainly have been critical of coaches/players/program/fans before, too. ~95% of the people on this board all want the same thing.

Last edited:
U r a real 1, Wichita! I’ve gone to battle w you plenty of times against the Lon haters.

I certainly have been critical of coaches/players/program/fans before, too. ~95% of the people on this board all want the same thing.

I appreciate that, Tiny! And I agree … the overwhelming majority of folks on here love our Sooners and want to see them succeed. I guess we all have different ways of expressing that, and that’s perfectly ok!!

Was there any special promotion to get that kind of crowd in LNC today?
If so repeat it every game.

I couldn't possibly be happier for the OU team today. I remember what Dick Vitale said after he called an OU win over highly ranked Texas back in 2006. "They got it from the players, they got from the coaches, and they got it from the fans!". I believe his main point was that OU's home crowd is inconsistent, but when they show up and participate, good things often happen. That was certainly the case yesterday.

I think there might have been. There were school buses from Wayne, and various other small towns close to Norman there, with tons of kids from these towns.

Is there a full game replay of the game on YouTube? I did a quick search and couldn't find it.

Consistency is the key here. From the players and from the fan support.

Yesterday was evidence of how good this team can be and hopefully it resonates with both the team and fans. Tanner Groves was the player we hoped he would be. Jalen Hill played closer to his ceiling (vs floor) and Sherfield played out of his mind. All while LNC was loudest in years. Repeat this recipe and OU will be very hard to beat.

Just checked the score and stats.... wow, game of the year. Probably the best game the team has played in MANY years. One of those days where everything just went right. They shot 70% from the field in the first half.

Totally nuts.

Watched Nate Oats' is post game press conference and he mentioned OU had their full attention. The blow-out loss to TCU earlier last week had no impact on their preparations, because Alabama played TCU in their pre-season closed scrimmage, and Bama was also blown off the floor by TCU. He mentioned Bama was down 20+ points at half to TCU.

You can rewatch the whole game on ESPN plus.

I watch ESPN on YouTube.tv. Every time I go to ESPN+ and try to rewatch a game that was originally aired on ESPN I get a message that says "This channel is not a part of your TV package."

Hs teams can go for free every game of the year. Nothing special ran for teams.

OSU’s playing well. Would be great to get another big win against them to kick off the stretch run. Have to win at WVU after that…then 3-5 down the stretch will have us squarely on the bubble.

4-4 will have us in and 5-3 has us seed hunting. Momentum is everything.

Just watched the game. Holy crap OU made some shots & GS just had his way in the ball screens.

Watched Nate Oats' is post game press conference and he mentioned OU had their full attention. The blow-out loss to TCU earlier last week had no impact on their preparations, because Alabama played TCU in their pre-season closed scrimmage, and Bama was also blown off the floor by TCU. He mentioned Bama was down 20+ points at half to TCU.

Oats has always seemed like a class guy to me. I think it’s fair to say that Bama’s players didn’t exactly come out yesterday with their hair on fire. That doesn’t diminish what we did, but I think it’s pretty clear that their defensive intensity was awful in the first half.

As for some of the comments people have posted about Tanner … the question has never been whether he is capable of a game like this. Heck, we knew that from the tourney game against KU that put him on everyone’s radar. The question is if it can happen more than once a month or so. For some reason, he was able to defend without fouling yesterday, and that’s obviously been a big challenge most of the season. He also hit a couple early shots and got some confidence on that end.

As exciting as yesterday was, and as important as it was to get a marquee win, I’m not going to fool myself into thinking that it suddenly means we are world beaters. But I do hope it leads Moser to loosen the reins and let the team play a more aggressive style of offense. It’ll be tougher doing they against conference teams that know all your tendencies and that are fighting tooth and nail every possession, but I really hope that doesn’t lead him to go back to the plodding style. It was so nice to watch a game where we didn’t have several possessions each half that came down to the last few seconds of the shot clock. I’d love to see a stat showing the length of our average possession yesterday compared to the season as a whole, but I think you’d need a Ken Pom subscription for that.

I watch ESPN on YouTube.tv. Every time I go to ESPN+ and try to rewatch a game that was originally aired on ESPN I get a message that says "This channel is not a part of your TV package."

espn+ is a separate subscription and well worth it

Great win. I hope they carry the momentum forward. The season is certainly not over.

Back