OU vs #2 Alabama 1pm CST on ESPN

Amazing job by the coaches, players, AND FANS! It’s takes all parties to be great!

lol at Big Tanner

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/LoeffelholzTV/status/1619455725465640960[/TWEET]

gotta wonder about these matchups. Did we get paired against auburn last year and bama this year just to guarantee the sec a win so they could look competitive in the big 12/sec series?

Seems like their top five should be paired against our top five and their bottom five against our bottom five.

nevermind!!

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1619456154966593537[/TWEET]

I think the next week or so will tell if it is a program-turning win. Someone asked a couple weeks ago how a win over Bama would change our feelings about the team, and I said it would be great but ultimately not that important if we surrounded it with a bunch of losses. If we can beat OSU, that’s a start. Schedule is insanely difficult after that.

Exactly. You mentioned earlier in the thread that we were making better decisions regarding transition. I was hoping that we would start running a little more. It's tough to win games when you score in low 60s....so you have to get out and try to get more easy baskets. And today, we attacked more, but we also picked our spots. It was the best basketball IQ game we've had in a long while.

lol at Big Tanner

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/LoeffelholzTV/status/1619455725465640960[/TWEET]

It's easy to forget sometimes that these guys are college students. And Tanner may be the most college-student-iest of them all. He celebrates like like the most vocal guy in the student section sometimes.

I read this on another board: ESPN just noted OU’s victory margin today is the largest by an unranked team over a top 2 team in the history of the AP poll.

It's easy to forget sometimes that these guys are college students. And Tanner may be the most college-student-iest of them all. He celebrates like like the most vocal guy in the student section sometimes.

I agree with this!!!

It is so on brand not seeing 3-4 specific posters here today. Hoping they decide not to come back because that would mean ou had lost most likely. They don’t come around if things are going well. �� How bizarre �� (musical notes showing up as question marks)

13 page game thread against tcu and only 7 here after the biggest win in years.

Last edited:
Great things happen when you make shots. It’s the ultimate deodorant. Obviously we most likely won’t shoot that high a percentage again this year, but it could be a spark to get the offense going.

What a game, loved how guys played with so much more freedom on offense today. Who knows how this season ends up but every time you’re about to count Moser out his team plays their asses off.

No matter what, today was great and I am happy for the players, coaches, and fans that got to revel in it. Bama is a F4 contender and we whipped them up and down the court all day long. Just an A+ grade across the board. So in a vacuum today was great and they can’t take that away from this year’s squad.

But for me, if the REALLY want this to be a memorable/impactful moment this win needs to be the catalyst to a tourney berth. They now have that signature win (which we didn’t last year). I used to think 8-10 was a lock; with this win, now I think 7-11 could get it done. They have 10 games left— they need to go 5-5. They only play 3 more games against Tech, WVU, and OSU so if they go 5-5 it means they will be getting at least two more “really good” wins.

Let’s not allow this game to be a nice day and nothing more.

It starts Wed— must must must beat the Pokes. Get that one and then all of a sudden a 4-5 finish doesn’t seem too daunting.

No matter what, today was great and I am happy for the players, coaches, and fans that got to revel in it. Bama is a F4 contender and we whipped them up and down the court all day long. Just an A+ grade across the board. So in a vacuum today was great and they can’t take that away from this year’s squad.

But for me, if the REALLY want this to be a memorable/impactful moment this win needs to be the catalyst to a tourney berth. They now have that signature win (which we didn’t last year). I used to think 8-10 was a lock; with this win, now I think 7-11 could get it done. They have 10 games left— they need to go 5-5. They only play 3 more games against Tech, WVU, and OSU so if they go 5-5 it means they will be getting at least two more “really good” wins.

It starts Wed— must must must beat the Pokes. Get that one and then all of a sudden a 4-5 finish doesn’t seem too daunting.

Very well said.

If Groves can stay out of foul trouble and play with the energy and passion he brought today, 5-5 is possible.

Yessir!

How about Jalen’s dunk?? Have we had a better dunk since Blake and Willie Warren? A huge punch on a taller, longer, athletic freak. Incredible.

Back