OU vs ISU 8PM CST ESPN2

Shayok hit 2 huge huge huge ginormous 3’s.

Or we win by 3-4.

Tough break.

I'll say it. If you think the talent between these two rosters is comparable, you are completely clueless.

See lots of attacks on the talent level... I just don't know I am on board with that.... I can't really prove they are or are not talented enough for a winning record in the Big 12, but I have a feeling if I put our lineup together and had Bill Self, Kelvin Sampson, etc coaching them that it wouldn't be significantly better.

You're feeling would be wrong

Don't look at the recruiting rankings. Iowa State starts 3 high level D1 transfers, who aren't reflected in those rankings.

Which is exactly what we need to be doing instead of getting some random guy from Maine and another from Pacific. There is a solution when you miss on high school guys in recruiting....you can get "quality" transfers when 'ships become available.

I'm not upset about tonight at all....ISU is better than we are. But it doesn't make up for our clownshow effort to a dogcrap WV team and basically quitting against KSU in the 2nd half and Baylor in the first half.

This incoming class better be everything we've been told by the select few who've been selling this board snake oil regarding the last three classes.

No, you’re dead wrong.

Turns out, you’re wrong. Trae young and mcgusty aren’t on this team anymore. The two remaining 4*s per rivals are freeman and Bieniemy. 0 top 100 players per 24/7. If you want to destroy Kruger and the assistants for poor recruiting (aside from Trae and mcgusty), I will be right there with you.

The product on the court plays into that. OU has not been good consistently since Hield was here. Kruger did nothing to capitalize on that momentum the program had. No wonder fans don't show up. ISU is consistently good, they have a good home crowd. If OU was like that, the crowds would be better.

The crowd have been pathetic for 10+ years.

Hield and Griffin could draw big gates only for the biggest games.

OU fanbase blows. Students equally guilty.

I thought OU played pretty well. Really missing someone who can create.

I thought OU played pretty well. Really missing someone who can create.

and a rebounder. getting second chance points and not giving them up is such a lift energitically. and so crucial with a team that struggles to get open looks.

and credit to freeman tonight for his defense. got subbed in both times because manek and mcneace got abused. thought he held up alright.

The crowd have been pathetic for 10+ years.

Hield and Griffin could draw big gates only for the biggest games.

OU fanbase blows. Students equally guilty.

Exactly. ISU has had plenty of bad seasons over the years. Far more than OU. But I don't think they've ever had a student section with approximately three people for a game. It's sad. And yes, I know that the team played like garbage the past two conference home games. But outside of about five schools, every fan base in America has to deal with that occasionally. A lot of them continue supporting the team.

Effort was fine tonight. Guys played hard and didn’t give in when it looked like it might get away from them. Some bad luck late with ISU making some really tough shots.

But the better team with the better players won. And yes, I think that pretty much ends the competitive part of our season. At least in terms of realistically making the tourney. I think they absolutely must finish 7-11 or better to be “in” heading to KC. That means a 4-4 finish. Finding four more wins is basically impossible. We lack talent, we don’t seem to have any creative answers coming from the bench, and confidence appears to be shot. I’ll be very (pleasantly) surprised if we ultimately make the tournament. Two weeks ago I figured we were a lock.

See lots of attacks on the talent level... I just don't know I am on board with that.... I can't really prove they are or are not talented enough for a winning record in the Big 12, but I have a feeling if I put our lineup together and had Bill Self, Kelvin Sampson, etc coaching them that it wouldn't be significantly better.

Big time disagree, none in this group would start for most of the Big-12 - total lack of talent

James, Manek, Odomes, Freeman, Bieniemy, and Doolittle were all 4 stars and top 150 recruits. Not many Big 12 teams can say that. Add in the two grad transfers and Jamuni, and we should be much better than we are. It’s all about coaching.

Those recruits turned out to be misses, not what was thought. And the 2 transfers are Not Big-12 quality, we are finding that out big time. Not about coaching at all. Remember Coach Switzer said “it’s not the X’s and O’s It’s the Jimmy’s and Joe’s. That’s VERY true and still true.

I will only go so far as to say that our talent level makes the margin for error more slight. But we still have enough talent to win games. We have already shown it. Teams that we bested are winning games in major conferences against good teams. As has been mentioned by a couple of others Lon's style is best suited for skilled players that are self-starters. We don't match that. With this talent a disciplinarian would get more out of them.

and a rebounder. getting second chance points and not giving them up is such a lift energitically. and so crucial with a team that struggles to get open looks.

and credit to freeman tonight for his defense. got subbed in both times because manek and mcneace got abused. thought he held up alright.

Offensive rebounding % was nearly identical for both teams. I think OU rebounds very well given the lack of size up front.

Back