OU vs WVU 6pm CST on ESPN2

In the case of Mason and Cortes, because they are likely to be recruited over VERY quickly. I haven't seen enough of Mason to know if he has the tools to improve. He has the athleticism. I think Cortes will stay, and some won't like hearing this, but the kid isn't athletic enough to be a starting pg at OU. He just isn't. And that isn't likely to change. With Noland, it's just a gut feeling. He didn't commit to Porter Moser. He probably hasn't played as much as he thinks he should have. His body language hasn't been great. And honestly, given his skill set, I'm not sure he is a great fit for a Porter Moser team. Not saying he is some terrible fit. But it's not a great fit. There was chatter of Noland looking elsehwere when Lon left. Moser managed to hold onto him. I'm not sure that will be the case this offseason.

Why do you think everybody should stay from a roster that has clearly underachieved?

I'd disagree about Nolan's body language. He was very active Saturday on the bench even in a claim he knew he was not going to play. If like his game and feel he can get much better, but this roster's biggest issue is the lack of athletes and he does not add much in the running, jumping or quickness categories.

I hope that some of our resident "body language" experts will offer their services to Coach Moser, so that he can land just the right guys from the portal in the offseason. They'd be doing Sooner nation a huge solid.

LOL.

And did I hear there were a few folks on this board who thought that Austin Reaves guy could actually make an NBA roster?

LOL.

And did I hear there were a few folks on this board who thought that Austin Reaves guy could actually make an NBA roster?

inconceivable.jpg

I never said I thought they should stay. I just don't get the thinking that because a freshman doesn't get minutes, it is assumed he is going to leave.

That isn't the main reason I think any of them might leave. But it's a reason. Kids want to play.

If like his game and feel he can get much better, but this roster's biggest issue is the lack of athletes and he does not add much in the running, jumping or quickness categories.

Exactly why I made the comment about him not being a great fit.

I hope that some of our resident "body language" experts will offer their services to Coach Moser, so that he can land just the right guys from the portal in the offseason. They'd be doing Sooner nation a huge solid.

I can't imagine being this upset about opposing views. You don't agree. Guess what? That is fine. But being upset that somebody else sees something that you don't? Or draws a different conclusion? ON A MESSAGE BOARD?

Nobody was being disrespectful about it. It's an opinion. And we're all entitled to have one.

I expect a ton of roster turnover in the coming months, but I really hope Noland and Cortes stick around. Tough deal having to recruit players for four years now.

Some of our interior post "depth" though......so long!

So.....

A reliable three point shooter.
A pg* that shoots the ball well from deep.
And a player where his scouting report doesn't even mention his shooting.

*PG's tend to struggle shooting early b/c the rest of their game takes such a focus.

I like these three recruits. I even agree with Ada that they may be better from day 1 than we think. But it's possible for that to be true, and them to still not provide the shooting we'll need next year. Guess we'll find out soon when the Portal activity picks up after the season.

While Schroder may not provide the “shooting” we need, I think he could be the “scorer” we’ll need. Will that be enough to win most games? Not a chance. Recruit well during the portal signing period!

Schroder is very versatile as an offensive player. He can score in practically anyway you can name, and at 6’ 7” with good handles and the ability to contort his body to get shots off and to draw fouls, he’s not easy to defend.

I honestly think he could be a difference maker. If he’s taking a year off to work on his game, he could be even better a few months from now than the player we see on his highlights videos.

While Schroder may not provide the “shooting” we need, I think he could be the “scorer” we’ll need. Will that be enough to win most games? Not a chance. Recruit well during the portal signing period!

Schroder is very versatile as an offensive player. He can score in practically anyway you can name, and at 6’ 7” with good handles and the ability to contort his body to get shots off and to draw fouls, he’s not easy to defend.

I honestly think he could be a difference maker. If he’s taking a year off to work on his game, he could be even better a few months from now than the player we see on his highlights videos.

Man, Ada, i'm with you. At least i'm hoping so. Uzan is long but skinny and his body may need time to develop. But, he's 6-4. From his videos he can flat fill it up, and he's playing good competition. Oweh looks stronger than anyone on our roster right now, by far. Schroder is 6-7 and if he is as much a fanatical competitor as he looks like on film, then I think he'll make a splash. These 3 guys are a huge physical upgrade from anyone we have on our roster, bigtime. Hope they can gel fast.

Just hope Porter can get some players in the late signing period. We know he has at least one scholly. They tried to sign that kid that Oregon got. I agree with those that think there'll be a more than a few schollies open up. At least I hope.

I can't imagine being this upset about opposing views. You don't agree. Guess what? That is fine. But being upset that somebody else sees something that you don't? Or draws a different conclusion? ON A MESSAGE BOARD?

Nobody was being disrespectful about it. It's an opinion. And we're all entitled to have one.

I'm not upset about opposing views. My objection is to posters insinuating (or in some cases stating outright) that Noland, a true freshman adjusting to D1 basketball, has an attitude problem and that said bad attitude is reflected in his body language.

We've been down this road before, seeing players get labeled on this board as being "poison" or having "bad attitudes" and/or "bad body language." That is, in fact, disrespectful behavior, and I will always speak out against it. Noland committed to OU because of Coach Kruger and could easily have left when Lon did, but he hung in there. He deserves our respect as long as he's a Sooner, which I hope will be four years.

OU -5/-5.5 at most books right now. 9:45 am CT.

We will need Harkless back and a legit transfer. Keep Cortes and Noland. Then hope 1 or 2 fr hit. If we are playing 2-3 freshman again next season we probably won't be very good. I do have high hopes for the 3 we signed, but don't want all 3 playing lots of mins.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1498766322464919559[/TWEET]
30 ish minutes until tip.

Not loving our intensity early.

Need to start playing like this game matters.

They may end up winning, but you have to be somewhat of a sadist to enjoy watching this team play.

Back