OU's recruitment of Trevor Releford

I haven't seen Pressey's list of favorites. He may be saying those are his top three, but there's a long way until signing day.

MU only has two scholarship point guards who will be on the team by Pressey's freshman year. But Miguel Paul isn't really a true point guard. He's undersized, but I consider him more of a 2. He played off the ball in high school and likely will this year with Dixon at the point. There aren't any other point guards at Mizzou.

It's not that MU recruited the older Releford. It's that there are rumors about him specifically wishing he had chosen Mizzou. Unless there are similar things being said about OU, it's not the same thing. Plus, he says he wants to make his own identity. As your coach knows, one of the best ways to do that is play for a rival.

OU will only have 1 (TMG). I would rather have Pressey or McCallum than Releford, but what will be happy signing any of the three.

OU will only have 1 (TMG). I would rather have Pressey or McCallum than Releford, but what will be happy signing any of the three.

Well, Miguel Paul and Denmon have played some point this year and you can't play all those small guys together. Paul, Denmon, Dixon, and Pressey are just to small to be putting on the court together for long minutes, Especially when you have Henry, Warren, Burks, Woolridge, Anderson, and Clark in the league. It seems that Releford is probably a better shooter than Pressey. I like that aspect of him, but If OU continues to evolve into an uptempo team, Pressey might be the best uptempo PG in the nation.

Outside of Brandon Knight, John Wall, and Kenny Boynton.

Last edited:
No and it does not work that way. I am pretty sure the earliest sport you play (football) requires the scholarship to count against that sport.

any dual sport athlete that plays fball, the 'ship counts against the fball program.

i don't think there is any requirement or monitoring to determine the extent to which the athlete participates in the fball program. if the ou coach wanted to help capel out he could.

Denver is right in saying that he must participate in Football first and then basketball. OU had the same situation show up with Walkon Tyson Seng of Enid. He couldnt play at OU until he played scholarship baseball first. Stoops would generally redshirt a guy like Releford which would mean he couldnt play bball till he was a sophomore.

Back