>>>>>Sweet 16: OU-Michigan State Gameday Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Sweet 16: OU-Michigan State Gameday Thread<<<<<

If Buddy returns, we're going to be unreal next year. If not, we'll get the young pups a lot of experience for the following year.

OU lost 1 game when the bench scored 10+ points this year.

Needed something from Cousins and the bench to win....got nothing.

He could make some money if he left, but he would do much better to use one more year to improve his consistency and dependability.

But he's an excellent player already.

I don't think Buddy gets guaranteed money if he leaves right now

Good season - certainly had a chance to be a great one.

cousins has had some bad games but ive never seen him benched like that at the end of the game. It just seems when things dont go his way he hangs his head and pouts.

Buddy probably won't improve his stock if he does return. The pros know his game and work ethic already.

Fitting way to end the season, blowing another big lead, and not really matching the intensity of the 1st half, with an equal 2nd half. That is the one thing that really kept me from buying in on this team this year.....the consistent effort, or lack thereof.

Not sure I'd expect any "better" next year if Buddy returned. I'm kind of ready to turn the roster over a bit, and let the new guys run with things.

Still a good season though. I never really expected anything more than a Sweet 16, but it leaves a pit in my stomach knowing we lost so many winnable games, including tonight. We have GOT to start getting better play at the pg position. Less than 40% shooting, and more turnovers than assists isn't going to win the big games.

I agree, he doesn't look ready for NBA to me. But if he can make some money I say go for it now.

Just great to see them have the season they had. We are relevant again in Basketball. Next season could be terrific if Hield comes back.

Guards were 13 of 40! If they played well and we lost that is one thing but to go down because of brick city hurts.

Last edited:

Fitting way to end the season, blowing another big lead, and not really matching the intensity of the 1st half, with an equal 2nd half. That is the one thing that really kept me from buying in on this team this year.....the consistent effort, or lack thereof.

Not sure I'd expect any "better" next year if Buddy returned. I'm kind of ready to turn the roster over a bit, and let the new guys run with things.

Still a good season though. I never really expected anything more than a Sweet 16, but it leaves a pit in my stomach knowing we lost so many winnable games, including tonight. We have GOT to start getting better play at the pg position. Less than 40% shooting, and more turnovers than assists isn't going to win the big games.
Many say a team takes on their coach personality. I don't think Lon has a mean streak.

I don't follow recruiting that much, I have no idea what OU has coming in. I believe they can make another run next year.

I have now heard the comment "Good no call" on that knockdown at mid court 6 times. Any time you hear that over and over you know they mean it was an uncalled foul. Look at it. He threw his arm out, hit him in the upper chest and knocked him down. Folks it was NOT a "good no call".

And I'm tired of the desk crew talking about how lousy we were. It was pretty close after all.

Yeah, congratulations to the team for a really good season. I enjoyed watching them.

Do you leave a possible final four team to go play in Greece?

Depends on your situation. I can certainly understand leaving to make a huge salary as opposed to playing for free.

Many say a team takes on their coach personality. I don't think Lon has a mean streak.

Short memory? We stoned Dayton for about 10 mins last Sunday.

Back