Thank you UCF- now play TCU in KC

Soares and hugley likely out. Find a way, Sooners!

Win Wed and absolutely zero sweating on Selection Sunday. Lose and I think it becomes a bit of a long four day wait. I ultimately still think they’d get in, but I do think there could be some worst case scenario outcomes in other conferences that make us iffy Sunday.

Win Wed and absolutely zero sweating on Selection Sunday. Lose and I think it becomes a bit of a long four day wait. I ultimately still think they’d get in, but I do think there could be some worst case scenario outcomes in other conferences that make us iffy Sunday.
I think they are solidly in either way

We got some help with the Iowa and Michigan State losses yesterday. I think we are actually closer to a lock than to being on the bubble.

Also, if you look at our metrics, we might be better than the prognostications. Our NET number isn't great, but we're #4 in Q1 wins and we're one of 6 teams who hasn't lost a game outside of Q1. If emphasis ends up on quad metrics, we could be a 6 seed instead of a 9 seed.

We got some help with the Iowa and Michigan State losses yesterday. I think we are actually closer to a lock than to being on the bubble.

Also, if you look at our metrics, we might be better than the prognostications. Our NET number isn't great, but we're #4 in Q1 wins and we're one of 6 teams who hasn't lost a game outside of Q1. If emphasis ends up on quad metrics, we could be a 6 seed instead of a 9 seed.
Again, not all Q1 wins are treated the same. We have a couple very good wins, and the rest are not in the same ballpark. KSU, for example, is a Q1 win (for now), but the committee does not view that the same as a top 10 or 15 win. And half of our non-Q1 games were against Q4 -- that also matters. There is zero chance we are anywhere close to a 6 unless we make a very deep run in KC. Lose Wednesday, and the 8/9 game is our absolute best case scenario.

The more I look at it, the more I think you are probably right. Most likely OU locks in no lower than an 8/9 with a win and a loss probably drops them to a 10 (maybe an 11). They probably make it regardless and probably stay out of play-in even if they lose. Still, if we lose Wed, I do think we will need to keep an eye on a handful of teams.

The more I look at it, the more I think you are probably right. Most likely OU locks in no lower than an 8/9 with a win and a loss probably drops them to a 10 (maybe an 11). They probably make it regardless and probably stay out of play-in even if they lose. Still, if we lose Wed, I do think we will need to keep an eye on a handful of teams.
i agree that a loss on Wednesday puts OU at Risk of being in the first four ... but that is about it IMHO

A team on the 9 line is not a bubble team.
Multiple sites have suggested they could be in peril if they lose tomorrow. But something tells me that you flatout won't concede this no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary.

Multiple sites have suggested they could be in peril if they lose tomorrow. But something tells me that you flatout won't concede this no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary.
"Could be in peril if they lose" is very different than "on the bubble".

But hey, die on this hill. I don't care.

"Could be in peril if they lose" is very different than "on the bubble".

But hey, die on this hill. I don't care.
That's EXACTLY what the bubble is -- a team that is not yet securely in the field and may miss out unless they pick up another win.

That's EXACTLY what the bubble is -- a team that is not yet securely in the field and may miss out unless they pick up another win.
Quick glance, the two biggest bracketologists - ESPN and CBS - don't have TCU or Oklahoma on the bubble. In fact, ESPN has TCU as a lock.

The bubble is the group of teams that sits in the last four to five spots that COULD get knocked out if things get wild.

Back