Transfer Portal Thread

The context is he has some skills that translate....he POTENTIALLY could end up being better. At worst he is a skilled 6'8" guy that could give us good bench minutes......at best he beats out Hill and Hill is out best guy off the bench.

Why does that hurt your feelings so much? You are pretty aggressive about a guy who is good but not exactly elite. We all want the same thing......for OU basketball to improve.

I have barely mentioned Hill. I don't think a guy from UMKC is likely to help us much. My opinion on that would be the same whether Hill was on the team or not.

You're seeing it, my good sir. You're seeing it.

I want this team to consistently make the Tournament, and certain players I know can be played over by better players. They think that's negativity. I just don't know man. Harkless had a ton of crapped talked about him, and that was fine. But don't talk about Jalen Hill and his explosive okayness that he shows on the court. :ez-laugh:

LOL yet something tells me that if you had actually been on the board during the past decade, you would have been whining about Kruger.

LOL yet something tells me that if you had actually been on the board during the past decade, you would have been whining about Kruger.

I wasn't a big fan of Kruger, honestly. I hated his coaching style. But he got the team to the Tournament all but twice. I love Moser, but you got to have results or it doesn't matter how much you love a coaches style, or his general persona. Pretty simple, really.

Do you think Groves can get beat out? Because truth of the matter is Hill is a lot better than Groves. I would honestly like to see Hill play a little small ball 5 this year.

Not from that guy. I think that kid would be the 1st big off the bench, especially if J. Groves continues to play the 3.

What are you smoking? OU will be playing Arkansas, an LSU that will recover, Texas, Tennesee, Kentucky A&M, and probably one of the Mississippi schools in inter conference play. Not to count the few conference games on the other side.

All of those programs recruit high level athletes. We will be have the Groves boys etc covering them?

What? It's statistically factual that the Big12 is way better than the SEC in basketball.

What? It's statistically factual that the Big12 is way better than the SEC in basketball.

For sure. However the style of the league is different. Walker Kesslers and Keion Brooks of the world will give us problems.

Last edited:
I mean, Alondis Williams sucked because the Big 12 was so difficult? Is that what you're telling me? Manek was average in the Big 12, but torched everyone else in the Tournament because the Big 12 is so hard? I mean, if that's what you're saying. Goodness. That's a reach.

You’re missing the common denominator shared by Brady, Alondes, and for that matter, Kur Kauth. Better coaching and an improvement in player development.

No one wants to say it, but I complained about the assistants Lon brought in to replace Henson and Hill, long before he announced he was retiring. Take a close look at the players we brought in following our Final Four season and you’ll know what I mean.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1521523874386649089[/TWEET]

No mention of OU, obviously.

I didn't/don't see much happening with the StB kids. Doesn't make any sense. They want to play together and yeah, that doesn't scream "OU" IMO.

You’re missing the common denominator shared by Brady, Alondes, and for that matter, Kur Kauth. Better coaching and an improvement in player development.

No one wants to say it, but I complained about the assistants Lon brought in to replace Henson and Hill, long before he announced he was retiring. Take a close look at the players we brought in following our Final Four season and you’ll know what I mean.

I watched Kuath a bit this year, would argue he didn't improve too much. He was always a solid shot blocker, but his scoring left a lot to be desired.

You think Alondes was coached better at WF? I dunno.

Brady wasn't that much better this year than he was in his best season at OU. It's just that when he was at OU, OU fans (I was guilty myself at times) focused on what he didn't do well rather than appreciating his strengths. Kur by no means took a leap this season, and Harmon arguably regressed. Williams obviously went to a level no one expected. I don't know that the Wake Forest coaching staff is full of developmental gurus. I think he just got a chance to play on a team where he was clearly the best guard (unlike OU, where he was behind Reaves), and perhaps he had learned from his off-court issues and matured.

Brady wasn't that much better this year than he was in his best season at OU. It's just that when he was at OU, OU fans (I was guilty myself at times) focused on what he didn't do well rather than appreciating his strengths. Kur by no means took a leap this season, and Harmon arguably regressed. Williams obviously went to a level no one expected. I don't know that the Wake Forest coaching staff is full of developmental gurus. I think he just got a chance to play on a team where he was clearly the best guard (unlike OU, where he was behind Reaves), and perhaps he had learned from his off-court issues and matured.

I think the off-court issues are severely overblown on here. Everything else, I agree with you on. Manek maybe took a baby step on defense? He was blocking shots he would've never done at OU.

I think the off-court issues are severely overblown on here. Everything else, I agree with you on. Manek maybe took a baby step on defense? He was blocking shots he would've never done at OU.

his jr year at OU he averaged 1.2 blocks a game ..... .7 this season

his jr year at OU he averaged 1.2 blocks a game ..... .7 this season

And? He had 4 blocks vs Kansas, and averaged 1.5 BPG in the Tournament. Did he ever do that in Big 12 play or at OU? 0.7 BPG his Senior year at OU. Two can play the picking and choosing stats. :eek:ldwt356:

Yeah I'd like Schroeder or Oweh to get a ton of minutes on the wing.

I like all three of the freshmen in our 2022 class! I think Milos Uzan could surprise some people. He may not be flashy, but he’s got better than average size and skills that should bode well for him in a physical conference like the Big 12.

The problem with Brady is that he was a very good player from game 1 his freshman year. His stats were not markedly different from year to year -- or from his freshman year to his senior year.

Everyone wanted him to make the leap to All American, Buddy Hield, Trae Young level, but he was Brady Manek -- a really good and really consistent college basketball player.

The problem with Brady is that he was a very good player from game 1 his freshman year. His stats were not markedly different from year to year -- or from his freshman year to his senior year.

Everyone wanted him to make the leap to All American, Buddy Hield, Trae Young level, but he was Brady Manek -- a really good and really consistent college basketball player.

Many OU players had that problem in the past. We were just discussing Lattin on the other Forum and Kruger/OU needed Lattin to score more but he was just the same solid defensive player every year. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wanted Jamuni to become an around the rim offensive savant because of his height and athletic ability, but it never came to pass.

Brady was a great player, but he was always better when 2bd or 3rd option. With trey 2-3rd option. With reeves he was first option for awhile till they switched. Played better as 2nd. And at nc was 3rd option. When not first option you are defended differently and that has helped Manek. At nc, defense focus was never on him.

I like all three of the freshmen in our 2022 class! I think Milos Uzan could surprise some people. He may not be flashy, but he’s got better than average size and skills that should bode well for him in a physical conference like the Big 12.

Agree, like Uzan as well. Could see all 3 getting minutes in non-con, and 2 getting minutes in conference.

Back