Treshawn Bolden reconfirms OU/Aub in top 2

dahldennsull

Reaction score
Visited Auburn this weekend, and says he will take officials to both schools and they are still both his top 2. Doesn't know how he will decide but won't until January/February.

Could be the HS big we get

Profile : http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/basketball/recruiting/player-111970
Auburn welcomed two important 2013 basketball prospects on campus last weekend in Albany, Ga. three-star forward Jabari McGhee and Jackson, Miss. three-star power forward Treshawn Bolden.
McGhee told AuburnSports.com on Sunday the Tigers were looking good following his unofficial visit. That story is here.

For Bolden, this was his second visit to Auburn this year. AuburnSports.com reported in July that Auburn and Oklahoma occupied Bolden's top two spots. In August, Bolden reaffirmed the Tigers and Sooners atop his list.

So, after a Saturday visit that included watching the basketball team practice and experiencing an exciting football game inside Jordan-Hare Stadium, have Bolden's favorites changed?

"It's kind of the same, Auburn and Oklahoma," said Bolden. "They are both great schools, I like them both. I don't know what school I'm going to choose."

How do the Auburn and Oklahoma programs compare?

"They have similar atmospheres, but Auburn has a larger fanbase, it seemed like," Bolden said. "Oklahoma is a great school basketball wise, the players are super cool."

The 6-foot-7, 255-pound Bolden spent time with Auburn head coach Tony Barbee and assistant and recruiter Tony Madlock.

"We're real cool, he doesn't sugarcoat anything. He tells you straight up, he's super cool," Bolden said. "I was able to see a little more of the basketball program. It was great to see what they do, it's similar to what we do in high school. I feel like I'd fit into their program."

While attending practice was enlightening for Bolden, he had never attended a college football game of the magnitude of Auburn-LSU. The down to the wire game ended up being the highlight of the trip.

"The football game was the highlight," he said. "I haven't been to college games like that, that's the best college game I've been to. That would be a fun perk if I came to Auburn to play basketball.

"I loved it. The fan support was nuts, there were a whole lot of fans, it was packed with nothing but orange. It makes me think, what if I could get all these people in the arena?"

Regarding a decision timetable, Bolden doesn't plan to make the final call until January or February. But following his second visit to Auburn this year, imagining his future home on the Plains isn't hard to do.

"I could see myself going there," Bolden said. "They have what I'm looking for, I could see myself going there."

Bolden will make official visits to both Auburn and Oklahoma this fall.

Thanks for sharing. I would love to see Bolden round out the 2013 class.

Pretty pathetic that a kid could perceive Auburn as having a larger fan base for basketball (or football) than OU. We have to do a better job as fans supporting our basketball team. We have way more success than Auburn over the years.

Assuming we don't get Sheppard, Woodson or Randle (will be tough to get any of them), I would gladly take Bolden. Seems like we have been on him forever. And we need a HS post player to add to this class IMO. Actually, at this point I would take the best player we could get, regardless of position...but I do really like Bolden.

Assuming we don't get Sheppard, Woodson or Randle (will be tough to get any of them), I would gladly take Bolden. Seems like we have been on him forever. And we need a HS post player to add to this class IMO. Actually, at this point I would take the best player we could get, regardless of position...but I do really like Bolden.

i wish we could take him and then still swing for the fences on those 3 guys... i will be shocked if cole plays more minutes than walk on Beau Gerber did.... waste of a sholly imo

Much appreciated, dahldennsull! This is the second recruiting gem you have brought to the board in the last ten days (the first was the Hamilton visit).

Bolden could be a nice get. I watched a highlight video of him on Scout and liked what I saw. He's a big body with skills. Here's another highlight video I found:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOEuHzb8UYs[/ame]

Pretty pathetic that a kid could perceive Auburn as having a larger fan base for basketball (or football) than OU. We have to do a better job as fans supporting our basketball team. We have way more success than Auburn over the years.

While I realize 2003 was a long time ago, here is an apple-apples comparison between the two fan bases in regards to support. Both are obviously very far from Albany, NY. Yet in the Sweet 16, there was a Butler section and an OU section which had about 500 fans each. The Auburn section was completely overtaken by Syracuse fans. I literally saw ONE PERSON wearing an Auburn sweatshirt that evening.

As for on-the-court success, there's obviously no comparison. During Auburn's best run when they had the likes of Charles Barkley and Chuck Person, OU was still better than them.

we need our HS big to be bigger than 6'7

6'7 225 is big enough to play the 4 in the big 12. Total nonsense to say he has to be a certain size. The 4/pf can be strong and athletic and play like they are 6'9 and be just fine!

look at the roster for next year ... we would have 1 post over 6'8

6'8 is plenty big in most leagues, against most teams. Haven't we learned our lesson on recruiting giant guys with no skills? If we miss out on Sheppard/Randle/Woodson, I'd rather take a 6'7 kid that has some skill, then a 6'10 stiff that will never play.

The game is getting smaller, not bigger.

I can tell you that OU is looking at Carson Meier from Union for the 2014 class. Doesn't mean they are going to offer him, just that they call and are interested. His skill set looks to be a lot like this guys, just not near as thick right now being only a junior.

I can tell you that OU is looking at Carson Meier from Union for the 2014 class. Doesn't mean they are going to offer him, just that they call and are interested. His skill set looks to be a lot like this guys, just not near as thick right now being only a junior.

Get him on a strength plan and add some bulk.

Good to hear. I love the potential Meier showed this spring and summer, really think he has a chance to have a breakout year this year and really enter the conversation among the elite players in Oklahoma. I've also often thought he fits the versatile forward type role Kruger seems to like.

Get him on a strength plan and add some bulk.

What makes you think he isn't? :ez-roll: He plays football too. There are several D1 schools looking at him for that. 6'7 and moves pretty well. Kid loves basketball, but football coaches are trying to convince him football should be his route.

Some kids don't add bulk until they are done growing. He has grown a few inches since frosh season.

Sam, barring injury, he will score a lot of points this season. Now, need to get him to play with the same ability on the other end.

Back