What do you think of this line?

Um... WW was every bit the cancer and problem teammate as tiny and tmg... In fact, in many ways he was actually way worse. The Elite 8 year was held together by Blake, despite the ways WW tried to destroy the team even that year.

When you consider all that, including that Capel brought in OT to GET WW... All in all, he was a HUGE net loss for our program.

Willie Warren left us to go make money. You guys need to let it go.

Your just Bitter that he left!!!
Willie Warren doesn't get a bad rap on here because he left early; it's because his immaturity was continually an issue, even after he constantly talked about stepping up and becoming team leader after the departure of the Griffin brothers and Austin Johnson. There were a lot of things wrong with the team Willie's sophomore year, and he had his own health issues, but that season wouldn't have been nearly as much of a trainwreck had Willie displayed anything close to the type of leadership he claimed to possess. However, instead of filling that leadership void, Willie exacerbated the team's chemistry issues. That his individual play regressed is almost a secondary issue.

If Willie had "left us to go make money" after his freshman year, he would have a much more positive reputation among OU fans, so leaving early has nothing to do with it. Completely contrary to what you're arguing, I would actually guess that the fans that speak so poorly of Willie are mostly people that didn't want him to return for his junior year.

Honestly, I didn't know how well Rotnei's ability would transfer to college. And at the time I thought Warren was a good get. And of course I was on the Capel bandwagon at the time.

In retrospect, I was wrong about all of that and I wish we had Rotnei right now.

Agree, with that said, WW ability to get something going to the hole was big and he was also a much better defender than Rotnei at that time. Rotnei could have definitely helped but AJ and Crocker were serviceable enough shooters to surround Blake.

Also, I may be mistaken on what you meant, but Rotnei wouldn't be here right now. Would have graduated last year.

When do we (media included) get to let this dead horse be buried? How many years need to pass? All of the guys (Capel included) aren't even a blip on anyone's radar screen except ours. We beat Kansas, we have TCU tonight, all those dudes are gone, some were worse than others, good riddance to them all.

This is the way I will go as well. We had such high expectations for that group, and WW was supposed to be the "leader". It was a huge disappointment for all of us, and I understand the bitterness we all have over it.

But there is nothing to be gained by being negative towards those guys now. I choose to move forward, enjoy the coaches and the hard-working players who are here today, and appreciate the future we have with LK running the show.

Um... WW was every bit the cancer and problem teammate as tiny and tmg... In fact, in many ways he was actually way worse. The Elite 8 year was held together by Blake, despite the ways WW tried to destroy the team even that year.

When you consider all that, including that Capel brought in OT to GET WW... All in all, he was a HUGE net loss for our program.

lol you have no idea what you are talking about.

"When you consider all that"--consider all what? you haven't stated any facts to back up your BS

That is my opinion. I didn't form that opinon or any other for that matter giving much consideration of how or what others thought about it. If I did, then it wouldn't be my opinion. I would just be adopting the opinion of others. You are certainly welcome to yours.

Let me explain it this way. If I'm a coach and facing the prospect of a losing season, I'm going to lose with a bunch of kids that are busting their butts to win. If I were to perceive that not to be the case, I would run that bunch off and go recruit bodies out of the local church league to come and play.

The problem is, you don't take in consideration that Willie Warren's Sophmore year had lost Blake and Taylor Griffin, Austin Johnson, Juan Pattillo, and Omar Leary. And Willie was banged up for most of that year. TMG, Pledger, Gallon, and Fitz were freshmen. Warren was a sophmore...they were a young team.

I guess Rick Barnes should run off all of his players after this year. Or Huggins should run off his players.

Your a joke. We were young.

Honestly, I didn't know how well Rotnei's ability would transfer to college. And at the time I thought Warren was a good get. And of course I was on the Capel bandwagon at the time.

In retrospect, I was wrong about all of that and I wish we had Rotnei right now.

you sit there and point fingers when you obviously don't understand bball. Kentucky and UNC are struggling with young talented players. They have way more talent than OU did WW sophmore year. UNC struggled with way more McD AA the year after Hansbrough left.

We were young. Our veterans were Crocker, Davis, and Wright. Warren was banged up. You guys think we should have been good that year and shouldn't have and we weren't.

you sit there and point fingers when you obviously don't understand bball. Kentucky and UNC are struggling with young talented players. They have way more talent than OU did WW sophmore year. UNC struggled with way more McD AA the year after Hansbrough left.

We were young. Our veterans were Crocker, Davis, and Wright. Warren was banged up. You guys think we should have been good that year and shouldn't have and we weren't.

I don't know what yo are talking about. OU is never supposed to be bad. Warren was a flake. That is all there is to it.

lol you have no idea what you are talking about.

"When you consider all that"--consider all what? you haven't stated any facts to back up your BS

This is comical. Just because someone disagrees with you, they "have no idea" what they "are talking about".

Anyone with eyes and who paid any attention whatsoever could see WW was a cancer on the team. Didn't he sleep with AJ's girlfriend? I guess that's OK for team chemistry?

We know he also was a co-leader in the decision to boycott summer workouts.

That's 2 things we know for sure that happened.

What about the supposed injury his soph year which many believed, and rumors were posted here by those "in the know" that he wasn't actually injured but Capel wasn't playing him due to some suspension? We never heard if those were true, but the fact Capel said he would allow him to come back could have easily been Coach talk to help WW get a spot in the NBA. If Capel said any differently, WW wouldn't get a chance from any NBA team.

Lots of smoke pointing to WW being a cancer. I don't see how anyone can just disregard all of it and think he was a model teammate?

This is comical. Just because someone disagrees with you, they "have no idea" what they "are talking about".

Anyone with eyes and who paid any attention whatsoever could see WW was a cancer on the team. Didn't he sleep with AJ's girlfriend? I guess that's OK for team chemistry?

What about the supposed injury his soph year which many believed, and rumors were posted here by those "in the know" that he wasn't actually injured but Capel wasn't playing him due to some suspension? We never heard if those were true, but the fact Capel said he would allow him to come back could have easily been Coach talk to help WW get a spot in the NBA. If Capel said any differently, WW wouldn't get a chance from any NBA team.

Lots of smoke pointing to WW being a cancer. I don't see how anyone can just disregard all of it and think he was a model teammate?

That sounds like a question...if you aren't sure...all your doing is spreading rumors.

That sounds like a question...if you aren't sure...all your doing is spreading rumors.

Hearing something like this from one source is a rumor. Hearing it from multiple, unrelated sources makes it more than a rumor.

If those 2 things are things we know for sure, why did you form one of them in a question? And if they are facts, were is the evidence?

You don't cut a 5* recruit who is the best player on your team midseason or even the off season. You figure out another way to discipline him

Oh, I didn't even know about AJ's girlfriend and WW... but, I know of another teammate's girlfriend... Either way, it was a situation that Blake had to basically lay down the law to save the season. And, as expected, when left to be the "leader," WW didn't exactly shine...

Oh, I didn't even know about AJ's girlfriend and WW... but, I know of another teammate's girlfriend...

Yep. He did it twice, to two teammates.

Wonder what Kelvin would have done to him after that? lol

Oh, I didn't even know about AJ's girlfriend and WW... but, I know of another teammate's girlfriend... Either way, it was a situation that Blake had to basically lay down the law to save the season. And, as expected, when left to be the "leader," WW didn't exactly shine...

Which is an example of another serious problem. Blake shouldn't have had to be the disciplinarian on that team. It wasn't his job.

If those 2 things are things we know for sure, why did you form one of them in a question? And if they are facts, were is the evidence?

You don't cut a 5* recruit who is the best player on your team midseason or even the off season. You figure out another way to discipline him

You do if it needs to be done. If you let him slide then the rest of the team sees that and no one does anything positive. The problem isn't cutting him or sitting him down it's having a coach without the nads to do so.

It obviously wasn't an OU issue as WW seems to have washed out of the NBA. He actually played decently for LA for a while but couldn't even stay on their D league team.

Back