What do you think of this line?

Lon Kruger would not have recruited a player like Warren. Not because of ability but because of attitude.

100% agree and Lon can win just as many games with WW as he can without him. That's what is different in Lon, a great coach, and other coaches who recruit WW types.

Lon Kruger would not have recruited a player like Warren. Not because of ability but because of attitude.

not true imo. The difference b/t him and capel being that Kruger wouldn't have played WW if he was causing issues

100% agree and Lon can win just as many games with WW as he can without him. That's what is different in Lon, a great coach, and other coaches who recruit WW types.

strongly disagree he would have recruited him and maybe tiny and tommy as well

the difference is that his standards and expectations on the players once at OU is much different

the culture that Coach and his staff are/have created breeds work and discipline

Capel's did not

the biggest issue in WW's second year was that he was thrust into a leadership roll and he was not close to ready to be a leader

I laughed.

Me too, but at the spelling.

Gary's got his own history with Ada. Once called him a hater. Talk about laughable. Birds of a feather will flock together, I guess.

Me too, but at the spelling.

Gary's got his own history with Ada. Once called him a hater. Talk about laughable. Birds of a feather will flock together, I guess.

You might ought to check with ADA before you keep thowing him up as an example. It is my understanding that whatever issues we had were resolved through PM's and not aired in public.

You have attibuted a quote to me that is not accurate. Please stop doing that.

And spelling again. You really know how to put a guy in his place. P. I. P.

You might ought to check with ADA before you keep thowing him up as an example. It is my understanding that whatever issues we had were resolved through PM's and not aired in public.

That's true. Gary and I settled our differences long ago.

I have never been one to hold a grudge against anyone who will make an effort to meet me halfway. I would like to think that I'm still the same person I've been on every fan board I have frequented over the years. If anything, I have mellowed some since my moderator days on the Insider board.

Here's the exact quote, taken from a response you made to Ada on 10-18-2011 at 12:12 AM:

"People like you seem to just hate."

So you're right that you didn't use the word "hater"; instead, you accused Ada of being someone who "just hates." I'm not sure I see a clear distinction between the two, but if you feel there is one, I'll defer to you with apologies.

And yeah, I'll play the spelling card when someone misspells my handle. That's kind of an insult, after all. And it's not as though the correct spelling isn't available to you right here in this thread.

As for your characterization of my contributions (such as they are) to this board, it was not accurate. I'm sure I'm guilty of occasionally posting in the fashion you described, but it's certainly not the only kind of thing I post. That's simply inaccurate.

Either you know that full well or you don't read my posts very carefully. If the latter, perhaps you should endeavor to do the kind of research Ada undertook before characterizing another poster in the future.

Finally, I'm glad to hear you and Ada have settled your differences. Ada is a fine guy, and we're lucky to have him here. Honestly, anyone who can't be friendly with Ada is something close to a lost cause.

Here's the exact quote, taken from a response you made to Ada on 10-18-2011 at 12:12 AM:

So you're right that you didn't use the word "hater"; instead, you accused Ada of being someone who "just hates." I'm not sure I see a clear distinction between the two, but if you feel there is one, I'll defer to you with apologies.

And yeah, I'll play the spelling card when someone misspells my handle. That's kind of an insult, after all. And it's not as though the correct spelling isn't available to you right here in this thread.

As for your characterization of my contributions (such as they are) to this board, it was not accurate.
I'm sure I'm guilty of occasionally posting in the fashion you described, but it's certainly not the only kind of thing I post. That's simply inaccurate.

Either you know that full well or you don't read my posts very carefully. If the latter, perhaps you should endeavor to do the kind of research Ada undertook before characterizing another poster in the future.

Finally, I'm glad to hear you and Ada have settled your differences. Ada is a fine guy, and we're lucky to have him here. Honestly, anyone who can't be friendly with Ada is something close to a lost cause.

I agree, it was not accurate.

As for your characterization of my contributions (such as they are) to this board, it was not accurate. I'm sure I'm guilty of occasionally posting in the fashion you described, but it's certainly not the only kind of thing I post. That's simply inaccurate.

I have no recollection of saying anything close to that. Either I am misremembering or you are. I suspect it is you. It doesn't sound like my kind of arguement.

And you are right. I don't read your post very carefully.

I have no recollection of saying anything close to that. Either I am misremembering or you are. I suspect it is you. It doesn't sound like my kind of arguement.

And you are right. I don't read your post very carefully.

So you don't read my posts carefully, but you feel qualified to characterize my contributions to this board, and you're relying on memory in accusing me of misquoting you. Can you see the fallacy there?

Here's the quote in the context of the thread; read it for yourself. I don't make things up.

http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23294&highlight=hate&page=2

I see the problem. My writing skills let me down. My intention was to say that people like to say anything they they want to on message boards and not be challenged. And that they hate it when they are.

I didn't express myself well there.

Okay, guys! Why don't we all come together for a group hug and get back to talking about basketball? :ez-laugh:

Seriously, tomorrow about this time we'll be sitting down to watch the Sooners take on our instate rival in an important game for a possible conference championship. I would rather see us channel our animosity toward the Pokes. How about you?

I see the problem. My writing skills let me down. My intention was to say that people like to say anything they they want to on message boards and not be challenged. And that they hate it when they are.

I didn't express myself well there.

My writing skills let me down all the time...I guess that's what I get for being fluent in 2 languages: English and redneck, though some would question my English fluency. :ez-laugh:

I'm one who enjoys all 3 posters: Skyvue, AdaSooner, and Garyeb2. I think all bring interesting perspectives to the board and all are very different in posting style. Only places like message boards can bring diverse opinions together and that is really what separates a message board. If we all agreed on everything, think how boring this place would be. :ez-laugh:

Back