Who else will be gone?

Krugerfan52

Reaction score
How many players will leave with Capel?

I'm betting Pledger and Blair will transfer and play their junior/senior year somewhere else, possibly for Capel. Even if he doesn't get a job this coming year, they'll still have to sit out a year and could still finish their careers with him.

The only player on this roster that I am confident will be back next year is CJ Washington. He should be able to start his senior year at OU, especially if Fitzgerald and/or Osby leave. Plus, Goff will probably change his mind now too.

Nick Thompson may think about staying now. He and CJ could be our front line next year. Hopefully Neal will stay though. Reguardless we may be seeing a lot of PT for Nick Thompson next year.

It will be interesting if the people rejoicing at this firing are still excited the next few weeks as we watch these guys leave one by one. I bet the same people that want our coach fired now will be the same ones wanting the next coach fired after he comes in and has the same amount of success that Tom Crean has had at Indiana the past 2-3 years.

Osby isn't leaving. Goff may not get another major offer with his JUCO stats. Neal is staying. I think if Capel stayed, Pledger and Newell might have left because of how hard Capel was on both. Especially Newell. I don't see us losing any of the current players. Now we have a commit in Peters for next year that may be gone and Goff could be gone.

you guys are retarded... i bet no one transfers that plays at all.. you guys really think they are not just a little bit anxious to see what a new coach can bring out of these guys? coaches get fired all of the time and the whole roster doesn't transfer lol wow.. even if someone does. no one on this team is irreplaceable

Clark, Newell and Pledger are the top candidates based entirely on my gut feelings.

As others have mentioned, Osby has already wasted a year. He kind of has to stay.

The only guy I see leaving is Calvin Newell, Kyle Hardrick, and Nick Thompson.

Im fine with all of that.

Highly doubt anyone with a chance at future PT will leave...

You never know what will happen, but I doubt anyone too important will leave. Anybody who is in line to get major PT would be a fool to leave, sit out a year, and still have to earn PT in another system.

Hardrick and Thompson are wasting scholarships right now. If they left, fine. Everyone else has a chance to contribute in a meaningful way, and I hope they all embrace the opportunity.

You never know what will happen, but I doubt anyone too important will leave. Anybody who is in line to get major PT would be a fool to leave, sit out a year, and still have to earn PT in another system.

Hardrick and Thompson are wasting scholarships right now. If they left, fine. Everyone else has a chance to contribute in a meaningful way, and I hope they all embrace the opportunity.

+1

It's impossible to say who might leave until we know who the new coach is. If it's as a good hire as we all hope it is, the players may well be wowed, just as we hope to be.

Clark, Newell and Pledger are the top candidates based entirely on my gut feelings.

As others have mentioned, Osby has already wasted a year. He kind of has to stay.

I disagree. I think Clark was more apt to transfer if Capel stayed and think he will stay and give the new coach a chance.

His dad was pretty critical of Capel on here a few weeks back, and Cline is the one who recruited him anyway.

I'd hate to lose Newell and if Pledger doesn't want to play defense as he has shown for 2 years now, he would be better off leaving because he probably won't play much for the new coach unless he decides he wants to defend.

Last edited:
the only people im concered about keeping are cam, neal and Fitz.. i doubt anyone transfers except the scrubs tho..

I like some of the guys we have and hope they stay, but, do we have a single player, that if he left, would be a blow for more than a season?

clark and pledger both very much like capel .. neither was going anywhere

Back